• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tate Forcier rumors

hoopmaster111 said:
As someone who has seen both QBs - Kemp and Forcier in person - Kemp is better suited to run QB position for the Spread Option than Forcier. Forcier ended up at Michigan the same way his brothers ended up at UCLA, etc - great marketing by the parents, playing at schools and in leagues were competition was suspect and stats could be easily racked up, and paying the Scout.com and Rival.com memberships which help with marketing making them look very attractive.

Kemp is bigger, stronger and faster than Forcier. Forcier is looking at possibly being the #3 guy on the Michigan roster next season because he is getting beat out by guys that have the same skill set Kemp has. He would be the #3 guy behing JJ and Kemp at UM IMO. Both QBs at UM are better. Hopefully we'll get a real chance to see what Kemp can do in a spread option offense. That will depend on whether or not the coaches are willing to open up the competition. If Forcier comes to UM and the competition is open - he would be the #3 guy at UM as well.
This may or may not be true. It wouldn't be that hard for me to believe.

MrTitleist said:
grizfan95 said:
Swogger was a joke, just sayin'

Swogger was not a joke. That guy could flat out throw the ball, and did it well. One more year in this system and I think we'd be talking about him in the same regard as Ochs. :twocents:
:thumb:

grizfan95 said:
Dexter X said:
Forshizzlegrizzle said:
? One drive from another NC appearance makes him a joke? He probably had the most powerfull arm we have seen here in Missoula.

Agree 100%. Swogger took us to the Semi-Finals in his first and only year here. That's pretty damn good.

Power doesn't do much at 54.2%, besides maybe make it more difficult for the db's to catch it which wasn't the case.

YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
2006 193 356 2659 54.2 7.47 0 17 12 0 125.97

And the Semi-Final game:
Passing Att-Cmp-Int Yds TD Long Sack
--------------------------------------------
Josh Swogger 31-15-2 167 0 29 1

We scored 0 points in the second half at home! A field goal would have won it.

For a semi-final team that didn't have a 600 yard rusher, the passing game should have been phenomenal and he was mediocre at best. Swogger didn't take us anywhere, the defense was the only reason we got to the semis with 14.2 points allowed per game (not including the 41 against Iowa in the season opener).

Swogger was very good and would have been even better with another year. The receivers I talked to said they would have liked to have seen what he could have done with another year in the offense. He was invited to the NFL combines. Swogger and the offense scored (TD's I believe) on every single 2/1-minute drill of the season, except the last one against UMass. These were mainly drives at the end of the first half. Swogger had to put up with an enormous amount of sacks (as did Bergquist).

Cats2506 said:
hoopmaster111 said:
As someone who has seen both QBs - Kemp and Forcier in person - Kemp is better suited to run QB position for the Spread Option than Forcier. Forcier ended up at Michigan the same way his brothers ended up at UCLA, etc - great marketing by the parents, playing at schools and in leagues were competition was suspect and stats could be easily racked up, and paying the Scout.com and Rival.com memberships which help with marketing making them look very attractive.

Kemp is bigger, stronger and faster than Forcier. Forcier is looking at possibly being the #3 guy on the Michigan roster next season because he is getting beat out by guys that have the same skill set Kemp has. He would be the #3 guy behing JJ and Kemp at UM IMO. Both QBs at UM are better. Hopefully we'll get a real chance to see what Kemp can do in a spread option offense. That will depend on whether or not the coaches are willing to open up the competition. If Forcier comes to UM and the competition is open - he would be the #3 guy at UM as well.
:shock: :shock:

Glad to see you guys are fully recovered from a shitty season and are back to being as full of shit as ever :thumb:

Gad, I can't believe I'm agreeing with a bobkat. What's happening to me? I better go out and get drunk.

catsack said:
MrTitleist said:
grizfan95 said:

Swogger was not a joke. That guy could flat out throw the ball, and did it well. One more year in this system and I think we'd be talking about him in the same regard as Ochs. :twocents:
i dont think one more year would have made him any more accurate having a gun slinger doesnt = nc 54% and did it well he should still be playing on sundays because he has an nfl type arm just a little high or low means no catch

holy shit are you against punctuation?

Hammer said:
catsack said:
MrTitleist said:
grizfan95 said:

i dont think one more year would have made him any more accurate having a gun slinger doesnt = nc 54% and did it well he should still be playing on sundays because he has an nfl type arm just a little high or low means no catch

yes

Cats2506 said:
hoopmaster111 said:

:shock: :shock:

Glad to see you guys are fully recovered from a shitty season and are back to being as full of shit as ever :thumb:

Shitty season by Griz standards but if you milk lipped losers had our season you would be on here bragging about how great a season it was and that the cats r back.

Face it. Our worst team in 25 years would be considered a huge success in Texangeles montana.

catsack said:
Hammer said:
catsack said:

yes

Ok!

Hammer said:
catsack said:
Hammer said:
catsack said:

yes

Ok!

Glad to see the Post I started turned into an argument about grammar. Haha this is egriz not an academic paper. Just fyi Swogger's big arm over threw so many receivers. I agree our Defense and Special Teams carried us that year. Swogger had his moments, but I never thought he was anything great.

hoopmaster111 said:

As another poster stated, this is the dumbest post of the year; you need to stay with hoops. Forcier had the #1 rating for accuracy by scouts coming out of HS in San Diego. Kemp's passing is so suspect, that the coaching staff has no confidence and converted him to a RB, where he is likely to stay. A spread QB still has to be able to throw the ball. Forcier's highlights also show excellent speed and running ability. In his true freshman year at Michigan, he started out impressively, but wore down as the BCS season progressed. He is small and was getting beat up. Robinson could be an All-American before he's through. Forcier backed him up this year in a quality fashion. His slight frame might be better served in FCS. He would tear up FCS, think Drew Brees.

Since he hasn't redshirted, he also has the option of taking a year off, building up his body and maturing, and moving on to another FBS team where he would have a better shot at starting and staying healthy.

If there is not a single Griz that would turn down a scholarship from an FBS team:

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48155

Why is this even being discussed?

havgrizfan said:
Tate Forcier has not visited Montana, is not visiting Montana and is NOT transferring to Montana.
I think you're right; we're dreaming. I don't think his ego allows him to step down to small college ball.

kemajic said:
havgrizfan said:
Tate Forcier has not visited Montana, is not visiting Montana and is NOT transferring to Montana.
I think you're right; we're dreaming. I don't think his ego allows him to step down to small college ball.

When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you

But... there's even a facebook page about it! Ha

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tate-Forcier-to-Montana/121177857945408?v=info#!/pages/Tate-Forcier-to-Montana/121177857945408?v=info

Any QB's out of Oregon, 3rd string or so that might be a good pickup given its about the same system that Pluf is trying to get going here ?? Might make for a quicker learn of the system.

grizare#1 said:
Any QB's out of Oregon, 3rd string or so that might be a good pickup given its about the same system that Pluf is trying to get going here ?? Might make for a quicker learn of the system.

Very possible. I started another thread and will be posting some information.

Back