• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GRIZ/EWU, putting more on the line

mtgrizrule

I am sick of the GRIZ verses EWU fans trashtalking. I'm also sick of EWU administration sticking it to GRIZ fans for games at EWU.

With that said, let's make the game worth a little more than bragging rights for the schools.
If the visiting team beats the home team, the next game at the other place the host team does can up the ticket prices for the other fan base. On the other hand, if the host team wins, then ticket prices for the next game stay low for that fan base.

As a GRIZ fan, I really hate the price and hoops a GRIZ fan has to jump through for the GRIZ/EWU game at EWU. I now live in the Spokane area, and other than the Sam Houston game to open the season, I am hesitant to buy any other tickets for EWU games, when I cannot make it to Missoula for a GRIZ game.

I honestly hope the powers to be at U of M and EWU can learn to respect the other teams fans, instead of price gauging them. :thumb:

mtgrizrule said:
I am sick of the GRIZ verses EWU fans trashtalking. I'm also sick of EWU administration sticking it to GRIZ fans for games at EWU.

With that said, let's make the game worth a little more than bragging rights for the schools.
If the visiting team beats the home team, the next game at the other place the host team does can up the ticket prices for the other fan base. On the other hand, if the host team wins, then ticket prices for the next game stay low for that fan base.

As a GRIZ fan, I really hate the price and hoops a GRIZ fan has to jump through for the GRIZ/EWU game at EWU. I now live in the Spokane area, and other than the Sam Houston game to open the season, I am hesitant to buy any other tickets for EWU games, when I cannot make it to Missoula for a GRIZ game.

I honestly hope the powers to be at U of M and EWU can learn to respect the other teams fans, instead of price gauging them. :thumb:

You do realize EWU fans pay the increased ticket price too, right?!? And season tickets were increased this year for eag fans, partly because the Griz play in cheney this year.

You can blame it on EWU but the fans from both sides pay the same prices, it's not fair but it is what it is. If ya don't like the price watch it on root...

marceagfan5 said:
mtgrizrule said:

You do realize EWU fans pay the increased ticket price too, right?!? And season tickets were increased this year for eag fans, partly because the Griz play in cheney this year.

You can blame it on EWU but the fans from both sides pay the same prices, it's not fair but it is what it is. If ya don't like the price watch it on root...

I believe the GRIZ/EWU tickets at U of M have been in line with other GRIZ home games for the most part. Usually the GRIZ/Cat game and homecoming are the higher priced tickets. What year was it that EWU required GRIZ fans to donate to some athletic fund, or buy a multigame ticket package? I cannot remember what the gimmick was, but do recall getting tickets were very difficult. Then to top that off, later in the year, EWU asks GRIZ NATION to support them in their home playoff games. Why? Because your own damn fan base could not fill the seats very well.

Maybe other GRIZ fans will recall the year and what it took to get tickets for the game. I remember there was a long thread about it on EGRIZ. I am sure GRIZ administration has not gone that extreme to EWU fans or any fan base, including Cat fans. EWU is much worse at gauging GRIZ fans than Montana is at gauging EWU fans. At least Spokane businesses made good money on GRIZ fans that year. Why? Because most GRIZ fans chose to spend their money in Spokane for lodging, food, drinks, and shopping rather than spending it at Cheyney.

I honestly wish the ticket pricing games would end between the schools, both ways.

grizcountry420 said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjYJgUQZ3k4[/youtube]

Good to see some parents 100 grand paid off. I must be getting slow, it took me 3 minutes to figure out if this was real or a parody.

jodcon said:
grizcountry420 said:

Good to see some parents 100 grand paid off. I must be getting slow, it took me 3 minutes to figure out if this was real or a parody.

To be fair to the parents, four years at EWU can't be more than $3,200 total, rent inclusive.

CDAGRIZ said:
jodcon said:
grizcountry420 said:

To be fair to the parents, four years at EWU can't be more than $3,200 total, rent inclusive.

They should have used that in the video..."Cheney, cheaper than online classes yo"...would have been a good recruiting tool.

mtgrizrule said:
marceagfan5 said:
mtgrizrule said:

I believe the GRIZ/EWU tickets at U of M have been in line with other GRIZ home games for the most part. Usually the GRIZ/Cat game and homecoming are the higher priced tickets. What year was it that EWU required GRIZ fans to donate to some athletic fund, or buy a multigame ticket package? I cannot remember what the gimmick was, but do recall getting tickets were very difficult. Then to top that off, later in the year, EWU asks GRIZ NATION to support them in their home playoff games. Why? Because your own damn fan base could not fill the seats very well.

Maybe other GRIZ fans will recall the year and what it took to get tickets for the game. I remember there was a long thread about it on EGRIZ. I am sure GRIZ administration has not gone that extreme to EWU fans or any fan base, including Cat fans. EWU is much worse at gauging GRIZ fans than Montana is at gauging EWU fans. At least Spokane businesses made good money on GRIZ fans that year. Why? Because most GRIZ fans chose to spend their money in Spokane for lodging, food, drinks, and shopping rather than spending it at Cheyney.

I honestly wish the ticket pricing games would end between the schools, both ways.

A lot of it comes down to $$$. The Griz bring more fans to cheney than any other visiting team, credit to Griz nation. EWU's stadium is too small too accommodate the demand for tickets so they have to bring in additional bleachers for the game (including UM's band), bring in more restrooms, more security, and more vendors, all of which cost money which is partly to blame for the price increase.

EWU could not bring in the additional 2000 in seating and leave prices the same but that would only hurt Griz fans as most of the extra seating is to accommodate Griz fans.

grizcountry420 said:

This is how we got Rashad Wadood to come to Eastern. Best recruiting tool in the business, if you ask me. :lol:

As far as ticket prices for the biggest game in town, EWU/UM, although I DON"T agree, I most are all College Grad's here. Remember ECON 105, It's all about supply and demand. You pay the most for airfare to Hawaii during Spring break and Christmas, but in May and October, the airlines practically give it away. When the Griz come to town in Cheney, once again, it's too much demand for too few seats, hence the ticket and hotel price INCREASE. No different than any other vacation or Sports Venue in the world. I wanted to go to NYC for Super Bowl this last for Seahawks, but it would have cost $12K minimum, then food and drink. That's just life. I you can't afford 50-65 bucks for a ticket, watch it on ROOT, it's free. If the Griz charged $100 for the game in Missoula, I'd still be there! Not trying to be an ass, just being real.

marceagfan5 said:
mtgrizrule said:
marceagfan5 said:
mtgrizrule said:

A lot of it comes down to $$$. The Griz bring more fans to cheney than any other visiting team, credit to Griz nation. EWU's stadium is too small too accommodate the demand for tickets so they have to bring in additional bleachers for the game (including UM's band), bring in more restrooms, more security, and more vendors, all of which cost money which is partly to blame for the price increase.

EWU could not bring in the additional 2000 in seating and leave prices the same but that would only hurt Griz fans as most of the extra seating is to accommodate Griz fans.

It really isn't rocket science. :lol:

talon38 said:
As far as ticket prices for the biggest game in town, EWU/UM, although I DON"T agree, I most are all College Grad's here. Remember ECON 105, It's all about supply and demand. You pay the most for airfare to Hawaii during Spring break and Christmas, but in May and October, the airlines practically give it away. When the Griz come to town in Cheney, once again, it's too much demand for too few seats, hence the ticket and hotel price INCREASE. No different than any other vacation or Sports Venue in the world. I wanted to go to NYC for Super Bowl this last for Seahawks, but it would have cost $12K minimum, then food and drink. That's just life. I you can't afford 50-65 bucks for a ticket, watch it on ROOT, it's free. If the Griz charged $100 for the game in Missoula, I'd still be there! Not trying to be an ass, just being real.
Guess I know who to contact to sell my extra tickets to the 2015 Griz-Ewu game in Missoula next year. It will be va's swan song a chance to go 2 for 2 in Missoula. ...making him a member of a very exclusive club.....kind of like the 7 timers club on SNL. I'd say right now a pair of tickets to that game ought to be worth at least $500. If he wins a Payton this season and a championship the price is sure to skyrocket.

jodcon said:
grizcountry420 said:

Wow, looks like I'll be sending both kids to EWU. I can cover that with the change in my pocket.
ajadypeq.jpg

The ticket prices are what they are. I would like to see UM offer free admission to students for the EWU game, just like Eastern does, and only then sell whatever seating is left to visiting fans.
Isn't the bare minimum visitor seating requirement in the Big Sky something like 500 seats? Let's just do that for a few years and see if EWU changes its tune.

griz4life said:
The ticket prices are what they are. I would like to see UM offer free admission to students for the EWU game, just like Eastern does, and only then sell whatever seating is left to visiting fans.
Isn't the bare minimum visitor seating requirement in the Big Sky something like 500 seats? Let's just do that for a few years and see if EWU changes its tune.

UM Students have to pay for tickets?

Back