• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GRIZ/EWU, putting more on the line

marceagfan5 said:
griz4life said:
The ticket prices are what they are. I would like to see UM offer free admission to students for the EWU game, just like Eastern does, and only then sell whatever seating is left to visiting fans.
Isn't the bare minimum visitor seating requirement in the Big Sky something like 500 seats? Let's just do that for a few years and see if EWU changes its tune.

UM Students have to pay for tickets?

Technically, tickets are free for students, although they pay for those tickets through school fees.

get'em_griz said:
marceagfan5 said:
griz4life said:
The ticket prices are what they are. I would like to see UM offer free admission to students for the EWU game, just like Eastern does, and only then sell whatever seating is left to visiting fans.
Isn't the bare minimum visitor seating requirement in the Big Sky something like 500 seats? Let's just do that for a few years and see if EWU changes its tune.

Technically, tickets are free for students, although they pay for those tickets through school fees.

That makes more sense. Thanks

I am paying $85 per ticket to sit in the endzone (the Eastern section) in Seattle in September. That's just what shit costs nowadays.

LDopaPDX said:
I am paying $85 per ticket to sit in the endzone (the Eastern section) in Seattle in September. That's just what shit costs nowadays.
That's for watching game a Pac-12 school at a high quality venue, not Cheney.

grizfnz said:
LDopaPDX said:
That's for watching game a Pac-12 school at a high quality venue, not Cheney.

So I assume you don't like our bleachers on the visiting side? I always thought the metal bleachers behind the track, with limited view behind the team was always a high quality venue....

marceagfan5 said:
get'em_griz said:
marceagfan5 said:
griz4life said:

That makes more sense. Thanks

$7.00 a pop my senior year. Free before then. I think a million dollars vanished like a fart in the wind soon after, too. Must have went back to free.

As for ticket prices, I can afford the tickets, just tired GRIZ fans being taken for a ride. I really do wish rest the conference would step up attendance outside of 2 Montana schools.

mtgrizrule said:
As for ticket prices, I can afford the tickets, just tired GRIZ fans being taken for a ride. I really do wish rest the conference would step up attendance outside of 2 Montana schools.
PSU used to jack prices up too, but not to the extreme that they have in Cheney.

EWU could solve the problem whenever hosting the Griz by moving the game back to Joe Albi Stadium with its 28,000 seats...

Silvertip said:
EWU could solve the problem whenever hosting the Griz by moving the game back to Joe Albi Stadium with its 28,000 seats...

What problem? There is no problem.

And the Joe Albi days are gone. Never to be seen or heard from again. The day EWU quit playing games in Spokane is the day the program really took off. EWU football is right where it should be.... AT EWU.

grizfnz said:
talon38 said:
As far as ticket prices for the biggest game in town, EWU/UM, although I DON"T agree, I most are all College Grad's here. Remember ECON 105, It's all about supply and demand. You pay the most for airfare to Hawaii during Spring break and Christmas, but in May and October, the airlines practically give it away. When the Griz come to town in Cheney, once again, it's too much demand for too few seats, hence the ticket and hotel price INCREASE. No different than any other vacation or Sports Venue in the world. I wanted to go to NYC for Super Bowl this last for Seahawks, but it would have cost $12K minimum, then food and drink. That's just life. I you can't afford 50-65 bucks for a ticket, watch it on ROOT, it's free. If the Griz charged $100 for the game in Missoula, I'd still be there! Not trying to be an ass, just being real.
Guess I know who to contact to sell my extra tickets to the 2015 Griz-Ewu game in Missoula next year. It will be va's swan song a chance to go 2 for 2 in Missoula. ...making him a member of a very exclusive club.....kind of like the 7 timers club on SNL. I'd say right now a pair of tickets to that game ought to be worth at least $500. If he wins a Payton this season and a championship the price is sure to skyrocket.
If he wins the Payton this year, he should receive a call from Kaufman telling him how good life is in the NFL and that what a good idea it is to leave school early and enter the draft.

alabamagrizzly said:
grizfnz said:
talon38 said:
As far as ticket prices for the biggest game in town, EWU/UM, although I DON"T agree, I most are all College Grad's here. Remember ECON 105, It's all about supply and demand. You pay the most for airfare to Hawaii during Spring break and Christmas, but in May and October, the airlines practically give it away. When the Griz come to town in Cheney, once again, it's too much demand for too few seats, hence the ticket and hotel price INCREASE. No different than any other vacation or Sports Venue in the world. I wanted to go to NYC for Super Bowl this last for Seahawks, but it would have cost $12K minimum, then food and drink. That's just life. I you can't afford 50-65 bucks for a ticket, watch it on ROOT, it's free. If the Griz charged $100 for the game in Missoula, I'd still be there! Not trying to be an ass, just being real.
Guess I know who to contact to sell my extra tickets to the 2015 Griz-Ewu game in Missoula next year. It will be va's swan song a chance to go 2 for 2 in Missoula. ...making him a member of a very exclusive club.....kind of like the 7 timers club on SNL. I'd say right now a pair of tickets to that game ought to be worth at least $500. If he wins a Payton this season and a championship the price is sure to skyrocket.
If he wins the Payton this year, he should receive a call from Kaufman telling him how good life is in the NFL and that what a good idea it is to leave school early and enter the draft.

lol Vernon leaving early. Nice wishful thinking MT fans, but VA isn't going anywhere early especially not the NFL.

talon38 said:
If you can't afford 50-65 bucks for a ticket, watch it on ROOT, it's free.

Just out of curiosity I checked out ticket prices for Alabama. :shock: Michigan is experiencing some ticket price shock this year. Price is what the market will bear.

Silvertip said:
Definitely a nicer venue, more seating, better parking, beer garden, increased restroom capacity, conveniently located near good restaurants and hotels and most importantly no need to carry Viseene to prevent eye strain.

grizfnz said:
Silvertip said:
Definitely a nicer venue, more seating, better parking, beer garden, increased restroom capacity, conveniently located near good restaurants and hotels and most importantly no need to carry Viseene to prevent eye strain.

Not even sure why I'm acknowledging your remark with a reply, but "...increased restroom capacity..." This is really bothersome / important to you? Damn dude. That's.... um... jeez I just can't imagine living a life where I complain about the size of bathrooms. I don't know what your needs / priorities are, but maybe time to revaluate your life...

Great Day To Be An Eagle said:
grizfnz said:
Silvertip said:

Not even sure why I'm acknowledging your remark with a reply, but "...increased restroom capacity..." This is really bothersome / important to you? Damn dude. That's.... um... jeez I just can't imagine living a life where I complain about the size of bathrooms. I don't know what your needs / priorities are, but maybe time to revaluate your life...

Some of you ewoo grads.... :-?

Capacity does not equal size. And yes, the bathroom facilities at your red field are terribly lacking in sufficiency. I'd say they're shitty, but that's even too bad a pun for me to use.

grizfnz said:
Silvertip said:

What the eagle fan is saying is...
Bathrooms? Bathrooms? We don't need no stinkin bathrooms.
They just pee off the edge of the bleachers. :ugeek:

grizfnz said:
Silvertip said:

I've been in nicer construction site honey buckets than Cheney. You guys should just go full Italian and have a sewer pipe and a stick.

Ursa Major said:
grizfnz said:
Silvertip said:

I've been in nicer construction site honey buckets than Cheney. You guys should just go full Italian and have a sewer pipe and a stick.

And to think that some spoiled Griz fans complain that there aren't urinal dividers at WaGriz....

alabamagrizzly said:
grizfnz said:
talon38 said:

lol Vernon leaving early. Nice wishful thinking MT fans, but VA isn't going anywhere early especially not the NFL.
Well when you make the playoffs this year, you will leave them early, like usual.

Back