• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is this the worst hire in the modern era?

Hell no. Many here think Stitt is a great hire. Hell, the GRIZ haven't made a truly bad football hire in over 30 years. For basketball, I'd consider Pat Kennedy a bad hire.

Kokanee said:
If not then who?

Concerned that you are using the name of Canadian beer to besmirch a man who can neither defend himself nor has lost a single game for our Griz. And I guarantee that Burns hiring Homer as a safety inspector was way worse, or Brittany Spears hiring Kevin Federline as a baby daddy.

NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE. The Griz haven't been burned yet on a hire, INCLUDING Delaney. Obviously we can't see the future, but I sincerely doubt Stitt will derail anything, especially with the continuity of the coaching staff that is being retained. The title of this thread is just nutts.

He's been our coach for 4 days, hasn't announced his coaching staff, played a game, completed a signing day, addressed Griz Nation... And someone's suggesting he's the worst hire in the modern era? Wow....

Hard to defend Griz fans to opposing fans with people like this posting. I will nominate kokanee for the worst thread in the modern era.

ordigger said:
Obama, Fatty Arbuckle or Pat Kennedy....in no particular order are much worse.

You can't miss with a Fatty Arbuckle reference. Money!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

stubbins said:
Kokanee said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Kokanee said:
If not then who?
Kokanee said:
Huh, Delaney? Boy this is going to be a long offseason.....

I think Delaney was a great hire, and was exactly what we needed at that time.
Aaaaaaaaand there we go. That explains this thread. Thank you.

Delaney wasnt hired to win championships, he was hired to stop the bleeding and he did that. Stitt was hired to make the Griz a powerhouse again.

Kokanee said:
stubbins said:
Kokanee said:

Aaaaaaaaand there we go. That explains this thread. Thank you.

Delaney wasnt hired to win championships, he was hired to stop the bleeding and he did that. Stitt was hired to make the Griz a powerhouse again.
.....and that is exactly why he was hired.

Kokanee said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Kokanee said:
If not then who?
Kokanee said:

My coaching contacts from D 1 schools in the Midwest and West Coast tell me that Bob Stitt is exactly what the University of Montana needs right now.....for what it is worth.....also talked to Pryor Orser who said he is the real deal and stayed at Mines waiting for a job that felt right to him. So let's give the man a chance to give us a good show.

BWahlberg said:
He's been our coach for 4 days, hasn't announced his coaching staff,..

That's what I'm wondering. Just who is retained, if a proviso of the hiring, which I suspect as a possibility, is to retain some, at least those that were instrumental in many of the present verbal committments, etc., and what is the make-up of the future coaching staff besides the obvious.

Triwest said:
Kokanee said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Kokanee said:
If not then who?
Kokanee said:

My coaching contacts from D 1 schools in the Midwest and West Coast tell me that Bob Stitt is exactly what the University of Montana needs right now.....for what it is worth.....also talked to Pryor Orser who said he is the real deal and stayed at Mines waiting for a job that felt right to him. So let's give the man a chance to give us a good show.

Hope you are right. I think he will either make or break the program

grizd said:
Hard to defend Griz fans to opposing fans with people like this posting. I will nominate kokanee for the worst thread in the modern era.

:clap: Kokanee isn't a fan. He's a troll. Who starts a thread like this?

Latest posts

Back