• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

6 years ago tonight.

BWahlberg

DONOR
Thanks Facebook for the reminder!

What a game. Look back on both of those rosters - the amount of players that would go on to play in the NFL, all on the field in a single FCS game... Very impressive.

Quickly looking I think there's 11 guys from Montana that would have at least an NFL camp visit. From App, I'm not as well versed but there's at least 4, but I'd bet a few more

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=knX92v66gg8[/youtube]

I believe I did some research a couple years ago and the total number from that game was 17.

Thank you for posting. Incredible memories. That is by far the greatest game I have ever seen in Washington grizzly Stadium. It's sad to see how far our program has slipped

Hammer said:
and, to this day, my legs still haven't thawed out from that night! :cry:

Born & raised in NE Montana and was the coldest I've ever been. Incredible atmosphere thou, crazy night.

GRZFTBL said:
Hammer said:

Born & raised in NE Montana and was the coldest I've ever been. Incredible atmosphere thou, crazy night.

Remember stepping out of the truck for the tailgate with my son at about 2:00, and thinking "F#$K it is cold". But then miraculously I warmed up... And all was right with the world.

If I remember correctly I think this game drew more viewers on tv than about 7 or 8 bowl games

GRZFTBL said:
Hammer said:

It was cold for sure, but far from the coldest I have ever been. I work outside all winter so I'm a little more used to it than most. But pure agony in the motel after the game when my legs started warming up. Then the shivers kicked in. No sympathy from my wife she just said I deserved it LOL!

I laugh at comments about the weather. In my memory, cold is NEVER something I think of in association with the App State game. I just remember the atmosphere, and the excitement, and the amazing win! Easily, my all-time favorite Griz game! The games I remember as cold were against UMass and Delaware -- and the Griz, sadly, lost both of those games. So, anyway in my head, temperature is somehow related to wins and losses.

I just think about when it started to snow it the 2nd half. It was like everything was lining up for us. And you could see it coming in from the hellgate canyon. It was magical.

grizpack said:
I just think about when it started to snow it the 2nd half. It was like everything was lining up for us. And you could see it coming in from the hellgate canyon. It was magical.
I remember it coming in from the west but after 8 hrs of drinking it could have come out of the ground and I probably wouldn't have known the diff!

I'm from Havre so not nearly the coldest I've ever been. But, probably the longest I've ever been outside in temps and weather like that. Took my glove off once to use my phone, and I couldn't feel those fingers again until the next morning. Still an amazing night, and my second favorite game ever in Wash-Griz. I doubt anything will ever top 94 McNeese for me personally.

That night is drilled into the lizard banks of the memory. The pregame tailgate fires in the parking lot. Just before kick off people are still trying to find their seats and I'm laying on them.. really? Kick off is seconds away, and you are traveling from the wrong end of the line to your seats. You are in seats 2,3 and 4 and you are coming through me???? The ... shall we say large bottom girls.... in front of me with the hand made signs for the espn cameras! The stench from the men's room under the nez. that could peel the paint off the walls. it was the night for griz football.

havgrizfan said:
I'm from Havre so not nearly the coldest I've ever been. But, probably the longest I've ever been outside in temps and weather like that. Took my glove off once to use my phone, and I couldn't feel those fingers again until the next morning. Still an amazing night, and my second favorite game ever in Wash-Griz. I doubt anything will ever top 94 McNeese for me personally.

I don't think anything could ever top the 1994 McNeese game

grizpack said:
+1

'68griz said:
I laugh at comments about the weather. In my memory, cold is NEVER something I think of in association with the App State game. I just remember the atmosphere, and the excitement, and the amazing win! Easily, my all-time favorite Griz game! The games I remember as cold were against UMass and Delaware -- and the Griz, sadly, lost both of those games. So, anyway in my head, temperature is somehow related to wins and losses.

Agree Completely....Didn't even notice the cold at the app game.

The umass game was the coldest game I've ever been to.
For some reason, I remember being cold at the SFA game in '95

Back