• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

6 years ago tonight.

Buttegrizzle said:
The damn Coastal Carolina game was the coldest for me. By far. Although it was a high of minus 22 in Butte that day the game in tropical Missoula actually got up to about minus 10. I totally bought into the cold and loud prognosis. And I was fine until we gave up the 80+ yard TD on 3rd and long in the early part of the game. Then it got very, very cold. And not very loud.

18 below when we left Butte that morn, the car said -4 when we pulled into Missoula. It was a cold mother that day. Yes I wore pants, lol. But once in the stadium with the sun shining it wasn't that cold. It did get up to about 15 above that day in Missoula.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
In a couple weeks you can make a post about how it's been 14 years since we have been relevant and won it all..............

Hey Growler, do we have to win it all just to be relevant? Seriously?
Yes

We have some great history. I was at the App St. game, and it was cold and awesome. I remember standing in the stands after the game and watching students make a conga line and others making snow angels. Even after the game, there was an electricity in the air.

Given that, I agree with Alpha. We have to move forward. Appreciate the past, but move onward and upward. Honestly, that is part of why I was happy about the Stitt hire. I felt like we needed a break from the past and someone hungry to prove himself. I really hope that Stitt lives up to my expectations.

I was so full of fireball..packed into the student section like sardines..and jumping around all game that I couldn't even tell it was cold out!!!

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
In a couple weeks you can make a post about how it's been 14 years since we have been relevant and won it all..............

Yes

And yes, grudgingly, I also agree with AG1. Its about time to have an update.

I actually met my fiancée at this game!! Drunkingly stood next to me in student section. Pretty crazy. Have that awesome picture from the game above our bed...shot from Mt Sentinal.

jcglfer said:
I actually met my fiancée at this game!! Drunkingly stood next to me in student section. Pretty crazy. Have that awesome picture from the game above our bed...shot from Mt Sentinal.
She is still your fiance' ...?

jcglfer said:

That's awesome!

Buttegrizzle said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Yes

And yes, grudgingly, I also agree with AG1. Its about time to have an update.

You agree that we have to win it all just to be considered relevant?

Left Havre for the Coastal game at around 5:30 a.m. My outside thermometer read -41 when I went to the garage to start the car. Weatherchannel said the wind chill in Havre was -55. Between Havre and Great Falls, we didn't have a single car come our way. Not one the entire trip, not even a Walmart semi. One of the few times I was nervous driving. The roads were fine, but if we would have broke down, I'm not sure we would have lasted long in that weather, even with all the cold weather gear we had for the game. The top half of my windshield and all side windows were completely frozen over. The defrost had no chance to keep up. By the time kickoff came, it felt like a heatwave. Still, a cold ass game though.

CDAGRIZ said:
jcglfer said:

That's awesome!
Pretty crazy how life works...alcohol definitely helped!! My brothers were watching the game back home in Washington and they still refer to it as the "Disney Game"...snow, great game, great ending for home team.

jcglfer said:
CDAGRIZ said:
jcglfer said:

That's awesome!
Pretty crazy how life works...alcohol definitely helped!! My brothers were watching the game back home in Washington and they still refer to it as the "Disney Game"...snow, great game, great ending for home team.

That is a great story for the future, man! The best of luck to you two. That's seriously the kind of thing I can see being profiled at halftime of the 2029 homecoming game (or something).

For pure discomfort, how about the Griz-Cat game that broke the streak? 25 mph Hellgate winds, ground blizzard, just miserable. No pass longer than 10 yds had much of a chance to be caught. Cats won it on a short throw that turned into a 50+ yd TD as I recall.

bearister said:
For pure discomfort, how about the Griz-Cat game that broke the streak? 25 mph Hellgate winds, ground blizzard, just miserable. No pass longer than 10 yds had much of a chance to be caught. Cats won it on a short throw that turned into a 50+ yd TD as I recall.

That game sucked, and I definitely wore a coat, but I don't remember it being super cold. Wet, yes.

Back