• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

6 years ago tonight.

Sort of a game where you and your wife watched and watched and still could not beleive the game...seemed like a dream occuring right in front of you while wide awake...

Very special day for me. My mom(who rarely missed a game since 1994) missed the game as she was preparing for her huge, annual Christmas party. Some close family friends (and big Grizzly fans) came into town and game under the radar. After the awesome game we surprised everybody at the party with their appearance. Hell of a game and party afterwards the Grizzly victory had everybody stoked. Mom died this past mothers day so of all of the years of Christmas parties--this one will always stand out.

blackfoot griz said:
Very special day for me. My mom(who rarely missed a game since 1994) missed the game as she was preparing for her huge, annual Christmas party. Some close family friends (and big Grizzly fans) came into town and game under the radar. After the awesome game we surprised everybody at the party with their appearance. Hell of a game and party afterwards the Grizzly victory had everybody stoked. Mom died this past mothers day so of all of the years of Christmas parties--this one will always stand out.
I'm sorry about your loss, blackfoot Make it a great Christmas!

In a couple weeks you can make a post about how it's been 14 years since we have been relevant and won it all..............

The damn Coastal Carolina game was the coldest for me. By far. Although it was a high of minus 22 in Butte that day the game in tropical Missoula actually got up to about minus 10. I totally bought into the cold and loud prognosis. And I was fine until we gave up the 80+ yard TD on 3rd and long in the early part of the game. Then it got very, very cold. And not very loud.

App State was a great game and I do not remember being cold, but I did not drink anything that game. I remember the snow came in during halftime. The players came out of the tunnel into a different world. SDSU was right up there as was NDSU (the August game, that is). The SFA game Alfa speaks of, was that the huge blowout game? Like 50+ to 0? I remember one of those. It was my "bachelor party." I had like 10 guests at that game. Got married the next day.

Buttegrizzle said:
Like 50+ to 0? I remember one of those. It was my "bachelor party." I had like 10 guests at that game. Got married the next day.
You had your bachelor party at the football game? :clap:

UMGriz75 said:
Buttegrizzle said:
Like 50+ to 0? I remember one of those. It was my "bachelor party." I had like 10 guests at that game. Got married the next day.

Yes I did. December wedding. All my college buddies attending were Griz fans. It made sense. I got a boatload of tickets for that one. The blowout game was a party atmosphere. It may not be the same game AG1 mentioned tho. I got married in 96. Yin Griz years, that was the year of Randy Moss at marshal.2.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
In a couple weeks you can make a post about how it's been 14 years since we have been relevant and won it all..............

Hey Growler, do we have to win it all just to be relevant? Seriously?

'68griz said:
I laugh at comments about the weather. In my memory, cold is NEVER something I think of in association with the App State game. I just remember the atmosphere, and the excitement, and the amazing win! Easily, my all-time favorite Griz game! The games I remember as cold were against UMass and Delaware -- and the Griz, sadly, lost both of those games. So, anyway in my head, temperature is somehow related to wins and losses.
this !

Buttegrizzle said:
UMGriz75 said:
Buttegrizzle said:

Yes I did. December wedding. All my college buddies attending were Griz fans. It made sense. I got a boatload of tickets for that one. The blowout game was a party atmosphere. It may not be the same game AG1 mentioned tho. I got married in 96. Yin Griz years, that was the year of Randy Moss at marshal.2.

I remember that. You were the guy walking around all day with an older gentleman behind you with a shotgun.

I don't think I have ever been to better game at any level of any sport. Maybe the 2005 Masters on Sunday was (I was on 18 when Tiger made that chip on 16 crazy roar, you cannot describe those sounds unless you can hear them)..Anyway. Great game. I can't beleive it was 6 years ago.

I think the coldest game I can remember was the year the JV beat us in Missoula to snap the long win streak. That was brutal. The game in Missoula where we wore those hideous black uni's against them was cold too. That first one was absurd.

Buttegrizzle said:
The damn Coastal Carolina game was the coldest for me. By far. Although it was a high of minus 22 in Butte that day the game in tropical Missoula actually got up to about minus 10. I totally bought into the cold and loud prognosis. And I was fine until we gave up the 80+ yard TD on 3rd and long in the early part of the game. Then it got very, very cold. And not very loud.

App State was a great game and I do not remember being cold, but I did not drink anything that game. I remember the snow came in during halftime. The players came out of the tunnel into a different world. SDSU was right up there as was NDSU (the August game, that is). The SFA game Alfa speaks of, was that the huge blowout game? Like 50+ to 0? I remember one of those. It was my "bachelor party." I had like 10 guests at that game. Got married the next day.

I can't imagine a colder game at WaGriz than the Coastal Carolina game. One of the few Griz games I left before the end due Griz losing and bitter cold! Are there any official stats about game time temperatures?

Anyone remember how cold it was for the '93 playoff game against Delaware? I remember freezing my ass off at that game.
I had to watch the '09 Appy State game on TV, but got to watch it with a bunch of die-hard Arkansas Razorback fans who had no idea how amazing FCS playoff football could be... That game certainly changed their minds...

Buttegrizzle said:
UMGriz75 said:
Buttegrizzle said:

The 1996 semifinal was a 70-7 blowout of Troy State. They scored first and never again. Pretty incredible to hang a 70 in the semifinal in both 95 and 96.

Back