• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Way Too Early 2017 Big Sky Power Poll

George Ferguson

I do this every year once the Big Sky is done. So, tonight's the night. Here's my much too early, not taking into account transfer, injuries, attrition or recruiting classes, and in some cases, even full schedules Power Poll for 2017. Feel free to tear it apart. But, if the Big Sky kickoff was this week, this is how I would vote in the Media Poll.

1. North Dakota (Lose a couple of key defenders, but offensively, the Hawks return as good a running game as there might be in all of FCS. Have a lot of program momentum right now. Schedule isn't too brutal, and they get EWU at home for their last game.)

2. Eastern Washington (Losing the WR trio, and Ebukam will hurt big. But, Grubrud is a record-setter, the offense itself will be the same attack with Beau staying. They may start slow but they'll figure it out by conference play.)

3. Northern Arizona (I wanted to push NAU ahead of EWU, but, they let me down this past season when I picked em to win the league. Still, with a healthy Cookus and boat loads of skill players, Andy Thompson being a really good DC, they'll at least compete for a title next year)

T4. Montana (I know, I know, Stitt is the worst head coach in the entire world and I'm picking the Griz ahead of half the teams that stomped them this year. But, if the QB situation is resolved, I think the offense will be good and I think the D will be VERY good. I also think that the schedule favors the Griz IF those two things come true, because IF they do, they'll win at least three of their four matchups between EWU, NAU, Northern Colorado and UND. Now, if the Griz can't find a GOOD QB, this changes everything).

T4. Montana State (Basically the same for the Cats. It all depends on QB play, but unlike the Griz, it also depends on winning on the road. For the Cats to contend, they would have to at least win 2-of-3 in trips to EWU, UND and NAU. That will be tough. BUT, if Murray becomes a real passer, their offense should be decent, and I think their defense will be very strong this coming season. But, like the Griz, It's all on QB play. IF Murray can't complete meaningful passes in key moments, then, the Cats finish way down this list. Sorry MSU fans, but there is no way the offense against the Griz is sustainable over the course of the entire Big Sky campaign.)

6. Southern Utah (T-Birds could be dangerous. Defense will be strong and Tyler and Brown are a very dangerous QB/RB duo. SUU could end up a lot higher than sixth.)

7. Cal Poly (I get roasted every year for not picking Cal Poly as a title contender. Well roast me again. I don't care that they beat the Griz or made the playoffs. They lost to SAN DIEGO. They lost Dano Graves and they always lose somewhere to Big Sky teams they shouldn't. I don't think this coming season will play out much differently. But hey, I picked them eighth for 2016, so I'm moving them up one spot in 2017.)

8. Weber State (Great 2016 for Weber, and people are probably wondering why I didn't pick them higher. Their fantastic dual threat QB graduated. I think they'll be the 2015 version of Portland State.)

9. Northern Colorado (Everybody will roast me on this one too. It's OK. Sloter graduates, key defenders graduate. UNC will probably finish a little higher, but, sorry, the Bears still aren't a top Big Sky team, even if they beat the Griz once every 40 years. On the other hand, Collins is doing a darn good job, so, I could end up being way off on this one.)

10. Portland State (Rough 2016 for the Vikes and now they lose Kureca, running backs and key secondary players. Barnie Ball may have been a one-year deal.)

11. Idaho State (Gosh I want to pick the Bengals higher for a change, but I'm not going to)

T12. UC Davis (Hawkins needs time to get "his guys" lol)

T12. Sacramento State (They've earned their nickname on this board. Enuff said.)

Final Note: When working on this the last few days, one thing is glaring to me, I don't think the Big Sky has a semifinal or finalist team in it in 2017. I just don't see a Top 5 FCS team in the Big Sky, like EWU was this year. UND, maybe? Maybe if EWU fixes its defense and finds more than Splendorio at WR. But from top to bottom, including those two, there are a lot of teams in this league with a lot of issues, and quite frankly, a lot of weaknesses as it would pertain to really competing for a national title, or even making a deep playoff run.

good stuff, I would differ just a bit on the top 4 , 1 ND, 2 NAU - Cookus is the real deal and you are right about Thompson, 3T between Griz and Ewoo.

Never too early. No body on eGriz needs all the "facts" anyway. I too think the Griz will bounce back, but I expected em to go undefeated and bring home a natty this year. I think your poll looks pretty solid. I wonder if the NoDicks when the con outright this year, will the MVC extend an invite?

One thing to consider is the Big Sky's unbalanced schedule. Cal Poly does not play UND, EWU, Montana or MSU and we get NAU at home.

SloStang said:
One thing to consider is the Big Sky's unbalanced schedule. Cal Poly does not play UND, EWU, Montana or MSU and we get NAU at home.

Wow, just wow. Is cp even in the Big Sky Conference?

Although not playing the Griz may actually hurt your record - as painful as that is to write...

SloStang said:

God the bigsky sucks

Can we join the MVFC?

SoldierGriz said:
SloStang said:

Wow, just wow. Is cp even in the Big Sky Conference?

Although not playing the Griz may actually hurt your record - as painful as that is to write...
This F**king shit is getting out of hand. The scheduling is rediclous. What is the Big Sky's reasoning for not trimming the fat, and by fat I mean UC Davis, Sac St, UNC, and even ISU. Once every 5 to 10 years these teams may make things interesting by going 6-5 but most of the time, they're the worst in the con every year. What do they bring to the table exactly? Are UC-D and Sac St here strictly just cus they're Cali teams? Is ISU still here just cus its a founding member? Is UNC here strictly cus of logistics? It's time to make a move and kick em to the curb.

Since I'm not big on rampant speculation by people who are mostly wrong, it is more entertaining to look at past predictions.

The 2015 "Too Early Ferguson Poll:"
1. Eastern Washington (Champs till they're not the champs no more)
2. Cal Poly (Returns pretty much its entire offense, and their D always seems to reload with great linebackers)
T3. Montana State (Offense is young and loaded, but will have the same problems, if not worse on defense)
T3. Montana (Pretty much every impact player from 2014 is gone, save Jones and if they get Hendo back, will have a new starting QB and a new head coach, and another brutal schedule to have to overcome. All of that honestly tempted me to go even lower, BUT WE ARE MONTANA)
5. Northern Arizona (A young team a year ago with a stingy D coming back)
6. Idaho State (I know people think they should be placed higher after their amazing 2014 season, but the Bengals lose Arias and key guys on their defense. So it's still not quite time to be a BSC title contender just yet)
postby George Ferguson » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:13 pm
Do a search, I will bet dollars to donuts, the ratio of Hauck bashing threads from 2004-2009 is three times as high as the current run of MD bashing threads. Funny how hypocritical some fans are. This board was NON-STOP bashing of BH. It NEVER EVER STOPPED. Including the time when a former poster posted that he had inside info that Hacuk was going to be fired, not just in the middle of one season, but TWICE.

Bobby isn't coming back to Montana, and as far as I know, he isn't getting fired at UNLV. He signed a large extension through 2016.

I am almost certain, Delaney will be the head coach in 2015.
Then, the 2016 Too Early Poll:
Postby CV Griz Fan » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:47 pm
Griz may win a conference title this year......
NLGrizFan » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:29 pm
1. Griz. The offense works and is deadly when it's rolling. An Improved O line is vital but everything I've seen and heard is all positive
BadlandsGrizFan » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:40 pm
1. Griz- We got another year under Stitt's system, hes got HIS guy at D coordinator. Talented roster, lots of battle tested kids returning.
2. EWU- Brutal schedule, specially the 1st half. Too much talent on the roster and in coaching to suck. It will be an uphill climb tho.
griz5700 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:57 pm
And . . . . the Griz go back to dominating this weak ass conference.
brewskis » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:03 am
UND drops at least one of those road games, and likely another one sleeper. They're still not that good, not nearly as good as SUU was this season. Fact of the matter is that the Big Sky is pretty weak...if the Griz don't win it we will have had some serious blunders.
AllWeatherFan » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:46 pm
1. Da Griz.
2. Who the hell cares?
UTGrizFan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:26 am
Honestly I think the conference is going to be up in the air until a couple weeks into the season as a lot of the teams have questions that need answering do to multiple factors like scheduling, personnel lost ect. However if I were to guess right now I would break the teams up into the following in no particular order:

Top Tier:
-Montana
-NAU
-UND
-PSU
brewskis » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:40 pm
doc3kgt wrote:
Griz in the top tier? Really? You were an ISU chip shot field goal away from not making the post season. There seems to be some holes on defense that need filling. And lets be honest, the griz offense was inconsistent at best, and would be characterized as underwhelming by most observers not wearing dark pink...what makes you think you will be the best of the top tier this year? Spare me the typical egriz BS answer where you deflect the question and end up making a weak overplayed effort at making fun of MSU. Serious question.
Continuity, depth at QB, depth in general, running backs, -gregorak, Justin Strong.
Bear Axed » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:01 pm
We will be where we usually are....up top
Richard Cranium » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:51 pm
Serious answer is a Griz 54-35 ass stomping over the kittens in their cat box!
UTGrizFan » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:13 am
There was no deflecting nor "weak effort" on my part I took multiple things into account when putting them into the tiers that I did, including schedule, returning roster and somewhat based upon their performance last season. The Grizzlies offense was inconsistent last year due to our starting quarterback being injured for a good portion of the season, outside a bad game at NDSU we played pretty well when Brady was under Center.
George Ferguson » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:23 pm
poorgriz, really? You think Cal Poly should be picked higher than the Griz for what they did last September? Umm no. This is big boy football not pop warner. They "hey, we beat you guys so we're better than you" doesn't work at this level. Cal Poly went on to win how many games after they beat the Griz last year? Yeah, thought so.
jcu27 » Tue May 10, 2016 4:02 pm
1. PSU
2. UM
3. EWU
4. NAU
horribilisfan8184 » Fri May 13, 2016 2:39 pm
Relax, the befuddled DC is gone.
AllWeatherFan » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:08 pm
Anybody who ranks UM lower than #3 is high.
SoldierGriz » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:39 pm
AllWeatherFan wrote:
Agree. Now I am done.
IntuitiveGriz » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:04 pm
AllWeatherFan wrote:
And brain dead.

George Ferguson said:
I do this every year once the Big Sky is done. So, tonight's the night. Here's my much too early, not taking into account transfer, injuries, attrition or recruiting classes, and in some cases, even full schedules Power Poll for 2017. Feel free to tear it apart. But, if the Big Sky kickoff was this week, this is how I would vote in the Media Poll.

1. North Dakota (Lose a couple of key defenders, but offensively, the Hawks return as good a running game as there might be in all of FCS. Have a lot of program momentum right now. Schedule isn't too brutal, and they get EWU at home for their last game.)

2. Eastern Washington (Losing the WR trio, and Ebukam will hurt big. But, Grubrud is a record-setter, the offense itself will be the same attack with Beau staying. They may start slow but they'll figure it out by conference play.)

3. Northern Arizona (I wanted to push NAU ahead of EWU, but, they let me down this past season when I picked em to win the league. Still, with a healthy Cookus and boat loads of skill players, Andy Thompson being a really good DC, they'll at least compete for a title next year)

T4. Montana (I know, I know, Stitt is the worst head coach in the entire world and I'm picking the Griz ahead of half the teams that stomped them this year. But, if the QB situation is resolved, I think the offense will be good and I think the D will be VERY good. I also think that the schedule favors the Griz IF those two things come true, because IF they do, they'll win at least three of their four matchups between EWU, NAU, Northern Colorado and UND. Now, if the Griz can't find a GOOD QB, this changes everything).

T4. Montana State (Basically the same for the Cats. It all depends on QB play, but unlike the Griz, it also depends on winning on the road. For the Cats to contend, they would have to at least win 2-of-3 in trips to EWU, UND and NAU. That will be tough. BUT, if Murray becomes a real passer, their offense should be decent, and I think their defense will be very strong this coming season. But, like the Griz, It's all on QB play. IF Murray can't complete meaningful passes in key moments, then, the Cats finish way down this list. Sorry MSU fans, but there is no way the offense against the Griz is sustainable over the course of the entire Big Sky campaign.)

6. Southern Utah (T-Birds could be dangerous. Defense will be strong and Tyler and Brown are a very dangerous QB/RB duo. SUU could end up a lot higher than sixth.)

7. Cal Poly (I get roasted every year for not picking Cal Poly as a title contender. Well roast me again. I don't care that they beat the Griz or made the playoffs. They lost to SAN DIEGO. They lost Dano Graves and they always lose somewhere to Big Sky teams they shouldn't. I don't think this coming season will play out much differently. But hey, I picked them eighth for 2016, so I'm moving them up one spot in 2017.)

8. Weber State (Great 2016 for Weber, and people are probably wondering why I didn't pick them higher. Their fantastic dual threat QB graduated. I think they'll be the 2015 version of Portland State.)

9. Northern Colorado (Everybody will roast me on this one too. It's OK. Sloter graduates, key defenders graduate. UNC will probably finish a little higher, but, sorry, the Bears still aren't a top Big Sky team, even if they beat the Griz once every 40 years. On the other hand, Collins is doing a darn good job, so, I could end up being way off on this one.)

10. Portland State (Rough 2016 for the Vikes and now they lose Kureca, running backs and key secondary players. Barnie Ball may have been a one-year deal.)

11. Idaho State (Gosh I want to pick the Bengals higher for a change, but I'm not going to)

T12. UC Davis (Hawkins needs time to get "his guys" lol)

T12. Sacramento State (They've earned their nickname on this board. Enuff said.)

Final Note: When working on this the last few days, one thing is glaring to me, I don't think the Big Sky has a semifinal or finalist team in it in 2017. I just don't see a Top 5 FCS team in the Big Sky, like EWU was this year. UND, maybe? Maybe if EWU fixes its defense and finds more than Splendorio at WR. But from top to bottom, including those two, there are a lot of teams in this league with a lot of issues, and quite frankly, a lot of weaknesses as it would pertain to really competing for a national title, or even making a deep playoff run.

He does graduate but he was back-up going in to the season and our starter, Jacob Knipp was injured. He will be back hopefully at full strength.

UMGriz75 said:
Since I'm not big on rampant speculation by people who are mostly wrong, it is more entertaining to look at past predictions.

2. Cal Poly (Returns pretty much its entire offense, and their D always seems to reload with great linebackers)
T3. Montana State (Offense is young and loaded, but will have the same problems, if not worse on defense)
T3. Montana (Pretty much every impact player from 2014 is gone, save Jones and if they get Hendo back, will have a new starting QB and a new head coach, and another brutal schedule to have to overcome. All of that honestly tempted me to go even lower, BUT WE ARE MONTANA)
6. Idaho State (I know people think they should be placed higher after their amazing 2014 season, but the Bengals lose Arias and key guys on their defense. So it's still not quite time to be a BSC title contender just yet)
Do a search, I will bet dollars to donuts, the ratio of Hauck bashing threads from 2004-2009 is three times as high as the current run of MD bashing threads. Funny how hypocritical some fans are. This board was NON-STOP bashing of BH. It NEVER EVER STOPPED. Including the time when a former poster posted that he had inside info that Hacuk was going to be fired, not just in the middle of one season, but TWICE.

Bobby isn't coming back to Montana, and as far as I know, he isn't getting fired at UNLV. He signed a large extension through 2016.

1. Griz. The offense works and is deadly when it's rolling. An Improved O line is vital but everything I've seen and heard is all positive
1. Griz- We got another year under Stitt's system, hes got HIS guy at D coordinator. Talented roster, lots of battle tested kids returning.
2. EWU- Brutal schedule, specially the 1st half. Too much talent on the roster and in coaching to suck. It will be an uphill climb tho.
UND drops at least one of those road games, and likely another one sleeper. They're still not that good, not nearly as good as SUU was this season. Fact of the matter is that the Big Sky is pretty weak...if the Griz don't win it we will have had some serious blunders.
1. Da Griz.
2. Who the hell cares?
Honestly I think the conference is going to be up in the air until a couple weeks into the season as a lot of the teams have questions that need answering do to multiple factors like scheduling, personnel lost ect. However if I were to guess right now I would break the teams up into the following in no particular order:

Top Tier:
-Montana
-NAU
-UND
-PSU
doc3kgt wrote:
Griz in the top tier? Really? You were an ISU chip shot field goal away from not making the post season. There seems to be some holes on defense that need filling. And lets be honest, the griz offense was inconsistent at best, and would be characterized as underwhelming by most observers not wearing dark pink...what makes you think you will be the best of the top tier this year? Spare me the typical egriz BS answer where you deflect the question and end up making a weak overplayed effort at making fun of MSU. Serious question.
Continuity, depth at QB, depth in general, running backs, -gregorak, Justin Strong.
There was no deflecting nor "weak effort" on my part I took multiple things into account when putting them into the tiers that I did, including schedule, returning roster and somewhat based upon their performance last season. The Grizzlies offense was inconsistent last year due to our starting quarterback being injured for a good portion of the season, outside a bad game at NDSU we played pretty well when Brady was under Center.
poorgriz, really? You think Cal Poly should be picked higher than the Griz for what they did last September? Umm no. This is big boy football not pop warner. They "hey, we beat you guys so we're better than you" doesn't work at this level. Cal Poly went on to win how many games after they beat the Griz last year? Yeah, thought so.
1. PSU
2. UM
3. EWU
4. NAU
AllWeatherFan wrote:
Agree. Now I am done.
AllWeatherFan wrote:
And brain dead.

I am glad somebody did this. The 'status quo' posters seem to have very short memories on here...

UMGriz75 said:

1. Da Griz.
2. Who the hell cares?

Top Tier:
-Montana
-NAU
-UND
-PSU
doc3kgt wrote:
1. PSU
2. UM
3. EWU
4. NAU
AllWeatherFan wrote:
Agree. Now I am done.
AllWeatherFan wrote:
And brain dead.
You have way too much freaking time on your hands

Fahque said:
AllWeatherFan wrote:
And brain dead.
You have way too much freaking time on your hands
Oh, it was nothing -- about 20 minutes -- compared to the "Look At Me!" guy that says he took "days" to put together a "Premature" Power Poll .... you know, for self-gratification purposes.

You know, because it's worth the time because of being wrong so often and so dam adamant about it when he is ...
George Ferguson » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:37 pm
8-3 is a lead pipe.stone cold lock. PERIOD, END OF DISCUSSION. I'll bet paycheck to paycheck on it.
George Ferguson » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:32 pm
GrizzlyEdd wrote:
How about 6-5 and losing to the Cats at home.... hmmmm
I'll bet paycheck to paycheck on that one.
George Ferguson » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:37 pm
SoldierGriz wrote:
havgrizfan wrote:
Last time I checked, the Cats are pretty bigtime losers this season. I don't give Choate crap at all. He's clearly a good football coach. But trying to equate ANYTHING the Bobcats are doing this season to the Griz being losers is absolutely f-----in moronic. The Cats are by FAR the worst team in the Big Sky. Stats might be for losers, but this thread is a f----n loser.
We'll see. Today's Griz will not beat the cats.
I'll bet paycheck to paycheck on that one.
Given, the number of "paychecks" bet, the "days" spent compiling absurd claims, and the track record of abject failure, I wouldn't bring that much attention to the idea of "self-gratification" as it exists among a certain subset of deranged fans who, no matter how often they are wrong, are always willing to bet the next paycheck they are finally "right." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Before this thread goes 100% off the rails, here's my guess.

1. NAU - The injury bug bit them bad this season. I'd been told that NAU top to bottom has the best collection of speed and skill. I think if they can return with a healthy Cookus at QB they'll be one of the elite in the conference.

2. UND - Agree with GF on this team, they've been building a really good team and will have quite the offense next season. They seem to have their defense already playing at a high level. 2017 will be a key year for them to see if they're actually growing/building or just another flash in the pan.

3. EWU - As long as Gubrud is under center this team should be able to light up the Big Sky. The loss of Kupp, Bourne, and Hill will really test this offense to reload. They could have an adjustment/down year like they did in 2015, or Gubrud could just keep on firing and have them right back in the top ranks of the Big Sky.

4. Montana - The Griz are practically one position away from being able to contend for a Big Sky title, yet it's the single most position in this offense, the QB. If Phillips, Hill, or Jensen can dial it in early they'll be surrounded by a very skilled and veteran WR/RB corps and a good (but not yet great) O line. The defense returns a good chunk of their starters too and the perceived tough conference games (EWU, UND, NAU) are all in Wa Griz.

5. Southen Utah - Experienced returning team that missed the playoffs mostly because of booking two FBS teams. Talented QB and an offense that improved as the season went on. SUU could surprise in 2017.

6. Cal Poly - First of thank God we don't play them this season. Replacing Graves at QB and Garcia at RB. They'll have Protheroe and and Lewis back so they'll still have some good experience with the offense. Top 3 defenders also graduate that accounted for nearly 1/3 of all of Poly's tackles, over 1/3 of their TFLs, and nearly half of their sacks.

7. Northern Colorado - If their QB who won the starting job at the beginning of the season return and stay healthy UNC could improve on what they did in 2016. UNC always seems to be this team that's almost there and then they crumble. Their offense in 2016 was more in the mix with the other top offenses with a backup QB. So we'll have to see!

8. Montana State - Despite going out on a very positive note the cats are/were a 4 win team with just 2 conference wins against UC Davis and Montana. They're riding good momentum into 2017 but now have to figure out if they can run a full offense with Murray who will be without the RB combo of Newell and Brekke. Defense is improving but not top-notch yet.

9. Weber State - I was teetering between MSU and WSU between 8 and 9. Weber had a defense that kept them in a lot of their games and a solid QB that's now graduated. Once in the playoffs they were destroyed. Their biggest issue in 2016 was the inability to really put up enough points in key games. If they can figure that out with a new QB then they could make some noise.

10. Portland State - That goofy offense will win a game or two they shouldn't. This was their 2nd year with some pretty heavy losses to graduation if I recall correctly.

11. Idaho State - Maybe Kramer's make or break year. They were a young team that'll be more experienced in 2017, just not sure if they have any sort of defense that will keep them in games.

12. UC Davis - New coach and a fresh start, not expecting much.

13. Sac State - Sac appears to be in a free fall, some good talent in a few spots but totally unorganized and adrift as a team and program.

I understand Cal Poly finished 2015 at 3-5 in the Big Sky and that effects where people slot us in 2017. What those people forget in the other 4 seasons they went 7-1, 5-3, 5-3 and 5-3. 2015 was the exception, not the rule.

I started with last year's order of finish and then I simply moved teams up and down based on trends I saw in 2016. I'll catch flak for how low I have UM, but nothing in 2016's season gives a tangible reason to leapfrog other teams that are building as well.

1. UND - The program has been consistently improving for several years and see no reason for a step backwards
2. NAU - Every year they get bit by a bad loss, but this is a good team that was killed by injuries.
3. Weber - Seem to be doing things the right way with steady, solid improvement like UND.
4. Cal Poly - Cupcake schedule leaves them artificially high
5. EWU - Unsure on this one - Gubrud is good, but very good receivers that get open make a QB look good. Hard to replace one of the best players in all of college football.
6. MSU - The in-season improvements bode well for things in Bozeman. Good defense, good running game, good special teams. Very competitive in most games. Will QB/WR improve enough or will it drive this team down the ranks again? Could go either way.
7. UNC - A real chance to win in almost every game last year, will they break through the wall?
8. Montana - 2016 in-season downward trend is troubling. Only beat 2 teams with winning record (St.Fr, SUU). Lots of upside on this team so could easily finish higher, but the mystique of UM's teams that rose up in all the big moments isn't there right now. New QB play is vital, but schedule is not easy.
9. SUU - Solid team, but have tough schedule even without either Montana school. Play all of my top 5 picks: NAU, Weber, UND, EWU, Cal Poly.
10. PSU - Barney ball looks like a bust
11. UCD - New coach, could be improved by season's end but a lot to overcome.
12. ISU - Some flashes, but things not good in Pokey right now.
13. Sac - Well......

1. UND - solid all the way around.
2. WSU - QB is gone, but the rest of the team will be better. Good coaches.
3. msu - returns or adequately replaces practically everyone. Good coaches.
4. EWU - losses of the WRs will hurt, but they'll still be good.
5. Poly - always going to lose a couple unexpected games due to wrong offense for this conference.
6. NAU - never seems to get it all together.
7. SUU - could finish much higher.
8. UNC - not sold on these guys yet.
9. PSU - flash in the pan.
10. UM - we will probably finish with a losing record at home in 2017.
11. UCD - one of these years they're going to get good.
12. SAC - the yo-yo team of the BSC.
13. ISU - their players will quit on Kramer in 2017.

The top three teams all play a winning style of football and EWU plays its style well. The rest will do neither of those things.

EverettGriz said:
Wow, P2W. That's some very early day-drinking even for the holiday season. Good on ya!!
Cheers! :party:

But, really, what trends would an outsider see that would cause any one team move much further, even the Griz? What happened at UM in 2016 would make you think the Griz finish much higher? Losing 4 of last 5, and struggling with ISU? The trends just aren't good. And ya, I moved the Cats a couple spots, but really that's just one or two wins different - and they are trended in the right way in 2016.

And ya, I may end up missing the whole damn thing by a mile.

Latest posts

Back