• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What does everybody think of our QB's

Griz til I die

DONOR
I wanted to post this thread to get everybody's opinion on if people think our current quarterbacks on the roster, and the ones coming in this year, are good and who do you think will be the starter. Do you guys think any of them are that good?

Even after spring drills it will be tough to say. So much of it is what goes on between the ears when the snap is live and the stands are full. By about November of this year I think we'll have a good idea :thumb:

grizfan95 said:
Even after spring drills it will be tough to say. So much of it is what goes on between the ears when the snap is live and the stands are full. By about November of this year I think we'll have a good idea :thumb:
I go with this one.

Have heard the JC transfer is the "real deal". Of course that's all complete speculation at this point, but one can certainly hope.

'68griz said:
grizfan95 said:
I go with this one.
The last logical post in this thread. The rest will be speculation and assumption based on all the highly successful arm chair QB's opinions here on eGriz. Shortly it's gonna turn into a Stitt bashing/redemption thread too.

Can't wait for the regular season to start.

Griz2k said:
Have heard the JC transfer is the "real deal". Of course that's all complete speculation at this point, but one can certainly hope.

His nickname is "Thrill" Hill.... let's hope so.

alabamagrizzly said:
'68griz said:
grizfan95 said:
I go with this one.
The last logical post in this thread. The rest will be speculation and assumption based on all the highly successful arm chair QB's opinions here on eGriz. Shortly it's gonna turn into a Stitt bashing/redemption thread too.

Can't wait for the regular season to start.

Who says, there aren't any smart egrizzers? Spot on, there. :thumb:

Paytonlives said:
Griz2k said:

His nickname is "Thrill" Hill.... let's hope so.

I think if your last name is Hill, you're obligated to use "thrill" as your nickname.

I guarantee this, I WILL be a starting ACQB (arm chair quarterback) and I'll be perfect, every play called correctly after-the-fact, defense properly diagnosed after watching the replay, and righteously indignant about every mistake immediately after the game. I'm thinking NC (nattering curmudgeon) this year!

like it or not our program is not e.w.u. , where they have a qb in waiting every year....hoping on a rs freshman and a jc transfer leaves much to be desired with arguably the most important position on the team......my coach used to say there are only two people that handle the football every offensive play and the center does not count....

krammer said:
like it or not our program is not e.w.u. , where they have a qb in waiting every year....hoping on a rs freshman and a jc transfer leaves much to be desired with arguably the most important position on the team......my coach used to say there are only two people that handle the football every offensive play and the center does not count....

So what you're saying is we've become the Oregon of the FCS. A once proud program depending on someone elses QB leftovers to succeed....

No one has really seen much form any of the QB's yet. We will know this fall maybe. Complete unknown.

I seriously doubt Stitt would have recruited Brady, but if he had and Brady had 3 years watching the offense before taking the reigns, maybe he would have performed better under pressure. I think Jensen has a good chance of surprising us all this year.

AZGrizFan said:
krammer said:

So what you're saying is we've become the Oregon of the FCS. A once proud program depending on someone elses QB leftovers to succeed....

Drew Miller worked out pretty well for you guys...

Jensen may be the most intellectual QB since Dickenson (If memory serves me correctly Dave was 4.0 premed.)
Gresch has the scholastic accolades and reputation of being a student of the game. If this translates to the field he may be special.
Phillips has been around program a full year with a few snaps.
Hill has juco experience.
Plus incoming recruits. QB position on paper looks good. We will see.

horribilisfan8184 said:
I seriously doubt Stitt would have recruited Brady

Pflu recruited him to play in a spread offense. If you read the AJ piece in the paper this past week, his HS coach couldn't imagine him in that kind of situation, yet he still showed up in Missoula. Have to wonder how things might have gone if he'd had the same coaching in a stable system for the full five?

Really hope that Jensen is as good as advertised. I like Hill, athletic, competitive guy with a lot of confidence and experience in a similar offense.

Tanner Wilson could be an interesting prospect. Makes me think about Prukop.....let's hope he develops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back