• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What does everybody think of our QB's

I believe the QB competition is between Jensen and Phillips for starting #1. However, I am not a huge fan of transfers, Phillips or Hill or any of the others on the roster at different positions. I think Jensen will be Stitt's guy for the next four years.

Nothing against Philips but I hope he isn't the guy at this point.. Just because if he wins the job he is a senior and we only get one year out of him, and start all over next season with the unknown.. Hill would give us at least two seasons, and best case scenario gresh wins the job and is a four year starter.. I think this is an offence that needs a QB for more that a year.

reinell30 said:
I believe the QB competition is between Jensen and Phillips for starting #1. However, I am not a huge fan of transfers, Phillips or Hill or any of the others on the roster at different positions. I think Jensen will be Stitt's guy for the next four years.
I'd like to see Jensen be the starter too and be the qb for four years. My question though is if he was going to be the starter, why would Stitt bring in Hill? Don't get me wrong, I think Hill is a good qb but knowing Stitt he will probably play the older guy. I think it'd be nice though to have Jensen be the starter for four years.

wsucatfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
krammer said:
like it or not our program is not e.w.u. , where they have a qb in waiting every year....hoping on a rs freshman and a jc transfer leaves much to be desired with arguably the most important position on the team......my coach used to say there are only two people that handle the football every offensive play and the center does not count....

So what you're saying is we've become the Oregon of the FCS. A once proud program depending on someone elses QB leftovers to succeed....

Drew Miller worked out pretty well for you guys...

Craig Ochs wasn't too shabby either....

Griz til I die said:
reinell30 said:
I'd like to see Jensen be the starter too and be the qb for four years. My question though is if he was going to be the starter, why would Stitt bring in Hill? Don't get me wrong, I think Hill is a good qb but knowing Stitt he will probably play the older guy. I think it'd be nice though to have Jensen be the starter for four years.

Stitt doesn't always play the older player. I think it's obvious he plays the best player by letting all the red-shirt freshmen last year play big roles. The only example I can think that you are talking about is the whole Nguyen vs. Calhoun debate but Stitt was on record of saying how valuable Nguyen was in the passing game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grisly Fan said:
I guarantee this, I WILL be a starting ACQB (arm chair quarterback) and I'll be perfect, every play called correctly after-the-fact, defense properly diagnosed after watching the replay, and righteously indignant about every mistake immediately after the game. I'm thinking NC (nattering curmudgeon) this year!

I hope so, because I will be warming the ACQB bench, ready to come in the second you screw things up, which I predict will be the first quarter of the first game (if not in spring ball). :lol:

AllWeatherFan said:
Grisly Fan said:
I guarantee this, I WILL be a starting ACQB (arm chair quarterback) and I'll be perfect, every play called correctly after-the-fact, defense properly diagnosed after watching the replay, and righteously indignant about every mistake immediately after the game. I'm thinking NC (nattering curmudgeon) this year!

I hope so, because I will be warming the ACQB bench, ready to come in the second you screw things up, which I predict will be the first quarter of the first game (if not in spring ball). :lol:
Alas, the backup is always better...

AZGrizFan said:
krammer said:
like it or not our program is not e.w.u. , where they have a qb in waiting every year....hoping on a rs freshman and a jc transfer leaves much to be desired with arguably the most important position on the team......my coach used to say there are only two people that handle the football every offensive play and the center does not count....

So what you're saying is we've become the Oregon of the FCS. A once proud program depending on someone elses QB leftovers to succeed....

az grizfan,,,,I don't like to frame it that way but I guess one could for this (discussion) year and maybe next year...thus the reason to recruit tranfers phillips and jc hill....now with Jensen a r-shirt freshman, Wilson and dick coming in as true freshman this could be the turning of the ship, to an in house built program....it would be really nice if Jensen were that guy, over the years it has been a tall task for r freshman to be successful at this level....Jensen may be that exception.... transfers and jc players are like the proverbial box of chocolates.....sometimes you get a good one....imo you cannot make a living with them.

Not really sure about Hill's work and not sold by any means on Phillips. However, I have seen Gresch play and I believe Griz fans will be pleasantly surprised when they see this young man on the field.

alabamagrizzly said:
'68griz said:
grizfan95 said:
Even after spring drills it will be tough to say. So much of it is what goes on between the ears when the snap is live and the stands are full. By about November of this year I think we'll have a good idea :thumb:
I go with this one.
The last logical post in this thread. The rest will be speculation and assumption based on all the highly successful arm chair QB's opinions here on eGriz. Shortly it's gonna turn into a Stitt bashing/redemption thread too.

Can't wait for the regular season to start.

Winning takes care of a lot of arm chair QB'ing.
Until then I'll go on being an expert NC (nattering curmudgeon) :D

AZGrizFan said:
wsucatfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
krammer said:

Drew Miller worked out pretty well for you guys...

Craig Ochs wasn't too shabby either....

Josh Swogger 2006 13-2 & Griz made in to the semis.

HelenaHandBasket said:
I think there is a lack a game experience and a whole lot of unknown.

We didn't have that problem until the last couple years.

Eastern took what worked for us.

I mean look what they did with their QB (and MSU beat us and our vaunted D with a pimply faced freshman QB.

IN.OUR.HOUSE.

Sometimes teams/programs have a succession of QB's/leaders that can handle it or not.

I am optimistic about the three QBs' (no particular order):

Phillips - You don't get on an SEC team, at any position little alone QB, without being a good player.

Hill - Highly rated JC QB. Tall, Athletic, lefty.

Jensen - Accomplished HS player with amazing tape. Parents from Montana. Can throw and run.

Whoever wins the job, will deserve it. :clap:

IntuitiveGriz said:
I am optimistic about the three QBs' (no particular order):

Phillips - You don't get on an SEC team, at any position little alone QB, without being a good player.

Hill - Highly rated JC QB. Tall, Athletic, lefty.

Jensen - Accomplished HS player with amazing tape. Parents from Montana. Can throw and run.

Whoever wins the job, will deserve it. :clap:

Been a long time since the Griz had a lefty QB. When a lefty is in, I have to watch the game in a mirror because everything is backwards....

stitt stated at the butte social that Jensen will not be ready for the backup role in 2017 [let alone be a starter] and so he was planning on bringing in some help.
All you guys hoping for a 4-year starter are a bit out to lunch. I can't think of a single such QB in the history of the BSC. Help me out here. Anyone? Big playa VD transferred to the ducks. Was black Jesus a 4-year starter? I thought only 3. Similarly, I seem to recall the wsu QB (Cameron?) being a 3year. Same with Frieze? I'm a little fuzzy here. Maybe baby Jesus will be the first 4-year starter at QB in the BSC?

grizfan95 said:
Even after spring drills it will be tough to say. So much of it is what goes on between the ears when the snap is live and and it's an away game. By about November of this year I think we'll have a good idea :thumb:

FIFY

garizzalies said:
stitt stated at the butte social that Jensen will not be ready for the backup role in 2017 [let alone be a starter] and so he was planning on bringing in some help.
All you guys hoping for a 4-year starter are a bit out to lunch. I can't think of a single such QB in the history of the BSC. Help me out here. Anyone? Big playa VD transferred to the ducks. Was black Jesus a 4-year starter? I thought only 3. Similarly, I seem to recall the wsu QB (Cameron?) being a 3year. Same with Frieze? I'm a little fuzzy here. Maybe baby Jesus will be the first 4-year starter at QB in the BSC?

yes

Cooke started at NAU and was the 2015 FCS Freshman of the Year. After his injury last year he could be a five year starter. It can happen.

Montanan said:
garizzalies said:

yes

I can see issues with a true freshman being a four year starter, but not as many with a Red shirt freshman. He has one full year of the system under his belt. Time will tell.

So going by what Stitt said preseason BG is the starter and the other QBs have not clearly separated who number two and three are, unless Phillips has drastic improvement and according to Garizzalies Jensen won't be ready. Then the southpaw from Blin Blin is the front runner for starting in 2017.

Latest posts

Back