• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Too Early Discussion of EWU

SoldierGriz

DONOR
I know it's early, but interested in thoughts regarding the EWU game. I have not seen them play, but it certainly doesn't seem like they have their act together right now. Some posters on here predicted a challenging year for them (AZ and others.) Will they pull themselves together before the Griz game? Before the season ends?

SoldierGriz said:
I know it's early, but interested in thoughts regarding the EWU game. I have not seen them play, but it certainly doesn't seem like they have their act together right now. Some posters on here predicted a challenging year for them (AZ and others.) Will they pull themselves together before the Griz game? Before the season ends?
They've played a hell of a schedule so far, so it's tough to say for sure. They do look quite down, but I'll wait until after I see what they do against Fordham (a team they should be favored against, even on the road) before I can really say anything.

If they look awful in that game and lose, a loss to EWU could be seen as "bad" this year.

Brutal schedule to start the season. I think they take care of business this weekend. Will be a tough game in Missoula. I would not count out the eagles but I will say that Grubard did not look good the first two games and I have never seen so many drops by an EWU receiving corp. Ndsu could of had two more Ints on very poor throws by GG. Do you guys think the new coach trying to run the ball more is hurting GG? Is he not getting in a rythm? He seems like more of a gunslinger who needs to pass every down.

SoldierGriz said:

Eastern has had a brutal schedule the start, but they haven't looked good regardless, very disappointing start. Eastern only starts one senior on the offense, and only a couple on defense, so they're very young, but they haven't looked good at all. Eastern's receivers have been very disappointing, and when Grady broke his collarbone last Saturday, eastern really lost their true big play, tall receiver that they've always had over the years. I wouldn't be shocked to see eastern play a couple of true freshman receivers that are very talented in the next two weeks.

Eastern has the talent to still be really good, but they have yet to look at either game. Probably best to play Eastern early this year, rather than later in the year, because I think they will get the offense rolling by the end of the year.

marceagfan5 said:
SoldierGriz said:

Eastern has had a brutal schedule the start, but they haven't looked good regardless, very disappointing start. Eastern only starts one senior on the offense, and only a couple on defense, so they're very young, but they haven't looked good at all. Eastern's receivers have been very disappointing, and when Grady broke his collarbone last Saturday, eastern really lost their true big play, tall receiver that they've always had over the years. I wouldn't be shocked to see eastern play a couple of true freshman receivers that are very talented in the next two weeks.

Eastern has the talent to still be really good, but they have yet to look at either game. Probably best to play Eastern early this year, rather than later in the year, because I think they will get the offense rolling by the end of the year.

Has Jayson Williams played much? Was thinking he might break out for you this year.

Eastern has had a brutal schedule the start, but they haven't looked good regardless very disappointing start. Eastern only starts one senior on the offense, and only a couple on defense, so they're very young, but they haven't looked good at all. Eastern's receivers have been very disappointing, and when Grady broke his collarbone last Saturday, eastern really lost their true big play, tall receiver

It really showed. Poor routes, dropped balls, not coming back to the QB when he is in trouble. Lots of development needed. Losing NFL talent in that position is hard to replace. Also, the OL is nowhere near as stout as it has been in past seasons. I was actually impressed with the secondary though against NDSU. Tx Tech shredded you guys though. I agree you will be better by the end of the season but it is definitely a rebuilding year. I really like how MT stacks up against them this year. Should be a fun game.

blackfootipa said:
marceagfan5 said:
SoldierGriz said:

Has Jayson Williams played much? Was thinking he might break out for you this year.
A little, but not enough, he should play more as he's a stud. He looked good in camp as well. I think with Grady going down we will see a lot more of him...

I agree with marceagfan5, its definitely in our favor to have this game early in the season. with this game here, its not too early to look at this game.

I watched the entire NDSU game. The connection that we are used to seeing between QB and Wrs was NOT there. It was hard to tell if it was just the play of NDSUs defense but from wahat I could tell it wasnt so much that. Gubrud and his recievers do not seem on the same page whatsoever.

I would say it would likely be improved by the time they play the Griz....at the end of the year im sure it will be a pretty good offense because they have obvious talent. Their defense looked decent.

last week 99 their big DL got injured and returned NDSU offensive line took control of the game. Marceagle5 may be able to update on that, seemed like a CB got injured also.
Brutal schedule two tough teams to start then across country and then Missoula.
1-4 may be legitimate positive start and 0-5 is knocking on the door if they are slow to recover from last week.

YEP! It is early but I believe Eastern lost the heart and soul of that program in, coach, Baldwin, the best coach in the BSC ,bar none! They also lost the best receiver in BSC conference history in Cooper Kupp. All told, they have to over come more than any other team! They return a very good QB but lost a lot... I see them going 0-4 in preseason and having to re group in conference to get to the playoffs!!! A solid foundation gives them their best chance in 2017 but don't look for a BSC champion here?Look what coach Stitt has done to a solid foundation and he too will struggle in 2017!!! Look else where for your BSC champion!

Diesel said:
last week 99 their big DL got injured and returned NDSU offensive line took control of the game. Marceagle5 may be able to update on that, seemed like a CB got injured also.
Brutal schedule two tough teams to start then across country and then Missoula.
1-3may be legitimate positive start and 0-4 is knocking on the door if they are slow to recover from last week.

Surprise surprise. EWU struggled out of gate after losing their best offensive players, best defensive player, and most of the successful coaching staff.

I think they'll still be a tough team as the season goes on, just not the team they were last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eastern will put up more than 40 points on our defense possibly before halftime. The Griz offense might not score in double digits. If we hit double digits it will be because the d got a pick 6

marceagfan5 said:
SoldierGriz said:

Welcome to Griz world. You guys had a great run being able to keep a great coach for as many years as you did and top talent did not hurt either. You guys simply took our playbook we use to have, don't rebuild, simply reload. That's tough to do when you have coaches coming and going like a revolving door.
But its way to soon in the season to say who's who just yet!!

Man1 said:
Eastern will put up more than 40 points on our defense possibly before halftime. The Griz offense might not score in double digits. If we hit double digits it will be because the d got a pick 6

Man1 seems to be the poster boy for the long awaited return of locking up the mentally ill. Don't feel bad for him! He'll have cartoons and juice boxes but thankfully no access to the internet or message boards.

Ursa Major said:
Man1 said:

Man1 seems to be the poster boy for the long awaited return of locking up the mentally ill. Don't feel bad for him! He'll have cartoons and juice boxes but thankfully no access to the internet or message boards.

My interpretation is similar. Man 1 brain cell? Only 1? Bummer

Back