• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

1st team all Big Sky

I won't get into that argument with you again. Honorable Mention counts to the players and the Big Sky or they wouldn't do it and they wouldn't announce it, and no, it's not just a participation ribbon. There are some damn good football players on the HM list. If it doesn't count to you, then you're saying J.R. Nelson isn't a damn good football player? Look what the hell he's done for the Griz the last four weeks alone. You're saying Mac Bignell, who led the Big Sky in TFL's isn't a damn good football player? Alex Kuresa lit the Griz' defense up like a firggin xmas tree and he's on that list too. The list counts, period.

havgrizfan said:
I won't get into that argument with you again. Honorable Mention counts to the players and the Big Sky or they wouldn't do it and they wouldn't announce it, and no, it's not just a participation ribbon. There are some damn good football players on the HM list. If it doesn't count to you, then you're saying J.R. Nelson isn't a damn good football player? Look what the hell he's done for the Griz the last four weeks alone. You're saying Mac Bignell, who led the Big Sky in TFL's isn't a damn good football player? Alex Kuresa lit the Griz' defense up like a firggin xmas tree and he's on that list too. The list counts, period.

not what I said at all, but they were not good enough in the eyes of enough BSC coaches to be on the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team.......

Holmes got screwed! He was better in all statistical categories. Just think if uncalled holding stats were kept he would lead in that too. This is not a joke, this is blatant small dog syndrome from the rest of the wannabe's in this conference.

Potomac Griz said:
Raider said:
Gamboa 1st Team and KVA 2nd Team.

Yeah, that makes a ton of sense. :?

Thought the same thing... Nothing against Gamboa but that's very surprising.

Can Gamboa look at himself in the mirror and say he was better than KVA ?

Not selecting KVA as a 1st teamer or Holmes as defensive MVP is truly a travesty. Perhaps some Griz jealousy among a few coaches.

Not picking KVA 1st team is repulsive. Missed a game and still second in the conference in tackles and he's not an ILB so all the more impressive. Every lose ball seems to find him and he diagnoses plays as well as anybody. Sankey had a ton of tackles but he plays for a crap team so he's on the field all the time and their d scheme is designed with the idea that the line eats up blockers to keep him free to make plays. Not taking anything away from Sankey he's a hell of a player but KVA is amazing.

fanofzoo said:
Potomac Griz said:
Raider said:

Gamboa had nothing to do with this, I am sure he is more aware than any of us what a stud KVA is. Good for Herbert he's a heck of a player too.

Raider said:

C'mon. That's as bad as Coyle being 2nd team All Big Sky. Voters really missed the boat on KVA.
It's sad actually....Havgrizfan?

CV Griz Fan said:
Raider said:

C'mon. That's as bad as Coyle being 2nd team All Big Sky. Voters really missed the boat on KVA.
It's sad actually....Havgrizfan?

Sorry Hav, I didn't see your earlier post. A total travesty....

Yes, already stated my position above. But I'll say it again, if the coaches in this league don't think KVA is one of the three best linebackers in the conference then they are crazy.

However CV, it doesn't change my original position from our argument months ago. I still believe the 13 coaches in the Big Sky know more about football than you or me. And I'll continue to believe that no matter how wrong they get the all-conference lists. But if you believe you know more than them, by all means, STEP UP and apply for the Montana State job.

havgrizfan said:
Yes, already stated my position above. But I'll say it again, if the coaches in this league don't think KVA is one of the three best linebackers in the conference then they are crazy.

However CV, it doesn't change my original position from our argument months ago. I still believe the 13 coaches in the Big Sky know more about football than you or me. And I'll continue to believe that no matter how wrong they get the all-conference lists. But if you believe you know more than them, by all means, STEP UP and apply for the Montana State job.

That really wasn't the gist of our argument a month ago. Our discussion was about all conference votes and TALENT. I'm not trying to argue any point here with you. I know you were/are just as disappointed as I was/am in the Coyle/ KVA All Conference voting....I am not saying I am a FCS level coach but KVA was one of the best offensive or defensive players in the Big Sky this season just like Brock was a couple of years ago. I thought Tevin McDonald was one of the best Safeties in the nation last year too yet no All American honors. I have two points to make and then I will shut up, one, coaches get it wrong when voting and it's not always about the best player and two, a HC needs to do a better job demanding that one of his best players gets the accolades that they deserve. That's all I am saying.....

fanofzoo said:
Potomac Griz said:
Raider said:

Not the kids fault that the Bigsky decided this way. Congratulations to all.

CV, I don't disagree with you one bit. I also think there is something to what PR said earlier. There may be a little anti-griz in SOME of the voting. Kramer pretty much went on record admitting Stitt already annoyed him this summer.

edit: granitegriz, I agree with you too. I thought Harris played like a First-teamer this season.

havgrizfan said:
CV, I don't disagree with you one bit. I also think there is something to what PR said earlier. There may be a little anti-griz in SOME of the voting. Kramer pretty much went on record admitting Stitt already annoyed him this summer.

edit: granitegriz, I agree with you too. I thought Harris played like a First-teamer this season.

There might be anti-Griz sediments out there. But what's right, is right. I can live without Holmes being the Defensive Player of the year because there were a few top defensive players in conference this year. But putting KVA on 2nd Team All-BSC, like Coyle, is a Rat F**k....

Agreed, though I think Holmes' body of work speaks for itself as far as defensive MVP. But no question, KVA got absolutely robbed. We'll see when the real FCS All-American Team comes out which of the linebackers the country thinks most highly of I guess.

havgrizfan said:
Agreed, though I think Holmes' body of work speaks for itself as far as defensive MVP. But no question, KVA got absolutely robbed. We'll see when the real FCS All-American Team comes out which of the linebackers the country thinks most highly of I guess.

Good point. But I'm afraid the dye might already be cast for KVA. It would take some real balls to put him on the All American team now.
I just hope he might get a "Brock Coyle" type chance in the NFL to redeem himself. But I don't know.... This is why I don't like these stupid All Star votes. It's friggin' Faulk vs Gino Toretta all over again. Total Bull Shit... I'll get off my soapbox now.... Thank you and good night.....

CV Griz Fan said:
havgrizfan said:

Good point. But I'm afraid the dye might already be cast for KVA. It would take some real balls to put him on the All American team now.
I just hope he might get a "Brock Coyle" type chance in the NFL to redeem himself. But I don't know.... This is why I don't like these stupid All Star votes. It's friggin' Faulk vs Gino Toretta all over again. Total Bull Shit... I'll get off my soapbox now.... Thank you and good night.....

Do you think voters for all-american actually look up or look at whether a good and known player was named 1st or 2 team all-conference? Injuries, and jealousies, can keep players from getting all-conference. I wouldn't think all-american voters would look that closely. Don't know, tho.

Latest posts

Back