• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

1st team all Big Sky

I wonder if KVA has the Missoula police officers who overcharged the 5, and the Missoulian, for not making 1st team? If he lost even a vote or two due to the publicity, it could have moved him to 2d team. Plus, he didn't play against ISU. Wonder how Kramer voted. I think he's the best backer in the conference.

fanofzoo said:
Potomac Griz said:
Raider said:
Gamboa 1st Team and KVA 2nd Team.

Yeah, that makes a ton of sense. :?

Thought the same thing... Nothing against Gamboa but that's very surprising.

Can Gamboa look at himself in the mirror and say he was better than KVA ?

No, but he can challenge the reflection to a fight.

PlayerRep said:
I wonder if KVA has the Missoula police officers who overcharged the 5, and the Missoulian, for not making 1st team? If he lost even a vote or two due to the publicity, it could have moved him to 2d team. Plus, he didn't play against ISU. Wonder how Kramer voted. I think he's the best backer in the conference.

If that were the case Gamboa would have been hurt in the voting as well, he clearly was not.

SaskGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

If that were the case Gamboa would have been hurt in the voting as well, he clearly was not.

Nope, don't agree. Gamboa was never charged with a felony like KVA. Gamboa's incident (disorderly conduct?) occurred before the season and 10 weeks before KVA's, and 3 months before the voting. Gamboa missed a non-conference game; KVA missed a conference game. Apples to oranges.

PlayerRep said:
SaskGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Nope, don't agree. Gamboa was never charged with a felony like KVA. Gamboa's incident (disorderly conduct?) occurred before the season and 10 weeks before KVA's, and 3 months before the voting. Gamboa missed a non-conference game; KVA missed a conference game. Apples to oranges.

Perhaps, or perhaps only certain professions specialize in trivial hairsplitting. I imagine most coaches don't base their votes on felony vs misdemeanor.

I don't know what the coaches ballots look like, but if the BSC listed KVA as an ILB that may have been the actual reason for his not getting first team votes.

SaskGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
SaskGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Perhaps, or perhaps only certain professions specialize in trivial hairsplitting. I imagine most coaches don't base their votes on felony vs misdemeanor.

I don't know what the coaches ballots look like, but if the BSC listed KVA as an ILB that may have been the actual reason for his not getting first team votes.

Not sure that the difference between a felony and a misdemeanor is "hair-splitting". People, including coaches, are more likely to notice a felony charge than a misdemeanor charge, and the level of publicity for a felony is much larger. Like you, I don't know if coaches, or any coach, would not rate a player as 1st team if he had huge bad press due to a felony charge, later reduced to a misdemeanor. Yes, the ILB designation seemed odd.

Latest posts

Back