• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2 Out Of 3

Jaymerz said:
Please. If Gustafson doesn't over-throw receivers the entire game, including the 4th down conversion attempts, everyone on this board says the coach is a genius. Players play the game, and the truth is that Gustafson is an inconsistent passer. Until Stitt gets a more reliable passer in the QB spot, his game plan will always be at risk of outcomes like this NAU game.
:thumb: you are correct :thumb:

PlayerRep said:
GeauxGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Semore got exposed as a rookie DC and the defense struggled ...

Not sure this is accurate.

I would argue that our lack of team speed was exposed, and especially the secondary and LBs in pass coverage.

Can we at least wait until the team is mostly Stitt recruits to grab the pitchforks?

Does nobody understand the major impact of losing scholarships and the lost years of PR experiment coaching?

We may still be a year or *gasp* two away from recovering. But I would argue we are going the right direction. There have been bigger programs than UM that have suffered longer after similar problems.

I think UM has pretty good team speed on both sides of the ball. Which backers and secondary do you think are slow, or not fast?

How is it even disputable that the "defense struggled"? You want to blame most of the defensive struggle on the players? You think the DC's game plan was good and he did a good job?

I'm sure 4 more schollies would help, but I don't think that accounts for letting NAU score so many points. Which of the defensive starters do you think don't have scholarships?

Which bigger programs have struggled after "similar" problems?

I agree that UM is probably going in the right direction. I just hope it's fast enough. I know teams don't win every game, and have let downs, but losing to CP and NAU don't seem like steps in the right direction.

One thing Griz have done over the years is play up to the competion or down to it. CP and NAU are not bottom feeders and Sourer's is a good coach as well as CP coach many years of experience with those two coaches. UM plays poor on the road that needs to change. I agree with you PR on team speed. NAU was good at holding, block in the back, push offs and pick plays and Strong was out of position.

AZGrizFan said:
Jaredkuehn said:
kemajic said:
G-BEARS said:
In order to beat Eastern, we need to get a lot more pressure on the QB then we did against NAU. If Gubrud has time in the pocket, he will simply pick us apart.
It's amazing how little pressure we put on Kemp.
If I recall, NAU led the nation in sacks allowed this season. I think the number was 4 heading into this game. I was hoping the Griz could put some pressure on the 2nd string QB, but their O-line was damn impressive.

It was the difference in this game.
Two turnover and 4 turnovers on downs (half resulting in short fields) may have been more of a difference.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
Jaredkuehn said:
kemajic said:
It's amazing how little pressure we put on Kemp.
If I recall, NAU led the nation in sacks allowed this season. I think the number was 4 heading into this game. I was hoping the Griz could put some pressure on the 2nd string QB, but their O-line was damn impressive.

It was the difference in this game.
Two turnover and 4 turnovers on downs (half resulting in short fields) may have been more of a difference.

Agreed....but the O-line play of NAU was the difference in us keeping them from scoring at will or not.

GeauxGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Semore got exposed as a rookie DC and the defense struggled ...

Not sure this is accurate.

I would argue that our lack of team speed was exposed, and especially the secondary and LBs in pass coverage.

Can we at least wait until the team is mostly Stitt recruits to grab the pitchforks?

Does nobody understand the major impact of losing scholarships and the lost years of PR experiment coaching?

We may still be a year or *gasp* two away from recovering. But I would argue we are going the right direction. There have been bigger programs than UM that have suffered longer after similar problems.

NAU knew what was coming and Semore failed to make any adjustments that worked. NAU took advantage of the rookie DC.

PlayerRep said:
grizcountry420 said:
Great play calling today, Stitt..

Look at the bright side. The Griz almost scored as many points against EWU as the Cats did.

The cats would have a good chance in Bozeman. Sad part of this conversation is that it might be the only thing left to play for. For both teams. At least we beat the cats....good grief how we have fallen.

Allezchat said:
So I haven't been paying much attention, I see someone said Counts didn't play. Has he played at all since he came back?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

He played on special teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AllWeatherFan said:
When did Beau Baldwin get so fat? Christ, he looks like Val Kilmer!

When Napoleon started to get fat, he lost his edge. Look for Baldwin to start circling the toilet next year.

grizcountry420 said:
Stitt's record is now 13-8.. The more I watch this offense, the more I dislike it..

That winning percentage can't be acceptable to very many Griz fans

Ursus1 said:
grizcountry420 said:
Stitt's record is now 13-8.. The more I watch this offense, the more I dislike it..

That winning percentage can't be acceptable to very many Griz fans

At one point in Pflu's 2nd year he was 9-6 after the Sac State game. Won 9 in a row after that before losing to SHSU in the semi's.

Still way too early to judge this team, this offense, or this head coach. 19 games? Seriously?

I don't know about everyone else but I'm starting to get tired of just seeing shotgun formation with our Offense, I don't really feel we have the players needed to do what stitt is trying to do with his offensive scheme (yet). I really feel with our current players we would be better suited with a pro style offense if we could actually get a skilled power running back (bulky and fast like yo Humphrey used to be). I miss that style of offense that we used to have that worked well for us. I feel like Montanas currently trying to match Easterns Offensive scheme of Spread and Shoot and well we just don't execute as well as them (they have one of the best WRs ever to play the game in the history of the Big Sky at that position ) especially at QB (Eastern really recruits QBs that are pretty dang consistent at throwing the ball down the field day in and day out). I'm really happy to see Brady Gus go next year, as I feel like he has been a Jekyll and Hyde kind of QB for us (maybe Stitt should have given the other Senior Chalich a few shots this year ?). Overall I still feel MT has yet to find its identity on Offense. We need to stop trying to emulate what works for others and focus on what can work
for us. This includes Stitt, I don't care what worked for him at the school of mines he needs to step up and figure out a new offense that works the MAJORITY of the time at this level (FCS and Big Sky play) not maybe 2 out of 3 games...

AllWeatherFan said:
When did Beau Baldwin get so fat? Christ, he looks like Val Kilmer!

06pavarotti-600.jpg

Just throooow it to Cooooooperrrrrrr !

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
grizcountry420 said:

Look at the bright side. The Griz almost scored as many points against EWU as the Cats did.
No one this year has scored less against EWU than Montana.

but.. hey, look on the bright side of things. We had 540 total yards of offense out gaining EWU by 85 yards..

grizcountry420 said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
grizcountry420 said:

No one this year has scored less against EWU than Montana.

but.. hey, look on the bright side of things. We had 540 total yards of offense out gaining EWU by 85 yards..
Totally satisfying.

Latest posts

Back