• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2013 Griz Football Class Signed (24)

garizzalies said:
cuz our biggest hole is qb yet we only recruited one that i know of
i get the strategy; i realize qbs are typically the best athletes on a squad
but I don't think we need more ATHs.

Spanky said:
We were without talent at WR, DB and QB ( without JJ ). Our coaches have done an excellent job filling the voids, with the exception of QB unless the freshman can get it done. Once again, UM will be able to compete with the best in FCS.

BDizzle said:
The Billings News (I can't remember what channel) had a good clip on Makena Simis. He seems like he is very excited to come in here and compete for the starting job right away. Looks like we are going to have quite a bit of QB competition here in the next few years.

I hear tell the coaching staff thinks very highly of Simis. May be the hidden gem of the recruiting class.

AllWeatherFan said:
garizzalies said:
cuz our biggest hole is qb yet we only recruited one that i know of
i get the strategy; i realize qbs are typically the best athletes on a squad
but I don't think we need more ATHs.

Spanky said:
We were without talent at WR, DB and QB ( without JJ ). Our coaches have done an excellent job filling the voids, with the exception of QB unless the freshman can get it done. Once again, UM will be able to compete with the best in FCS.

BDizzle said:
The Billings News (I can't remember what channel) had a good clip on Makena Simis. He seems like he is very excited to come in here and compete for the starting job right away. Looks like we are going to have quite a bit of QB competition here in the next few years.

I hear tell the coaching staff thinks very highly of Simis. May be the hidden gem of the recruiting class.

I said back in Makena's junior year that he's going to be one heck of a QB. I still firmly believe that.

You can add a preferred walk on kicker for next year as well.

Ben Worst- PK- Twin Falls High School, Twin Falls, Idaho

Pretty good kid. Suprised that BSU didn't take a runner on him considering how bad their kicking game has been for the last couple years. Watched him hit from 50 a couple of times last year. He is pretty difficult to block because he gets the ball up in a hurry. Sneaky strong.

Obviously the staff feels that they need to bring in some more competition for the kicking game. Not sure if he'll pan out, but he's definately good enough to take a look at.

Here is an article:

http://magicvalley.com/sports/local/twin-falls-kicker-ben-worst-commits-to-montana/article_93f8bc32-8165-11e2-953b-0019bb2963f4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back