• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2013 Griz Football Class Signed (24)

Special K said:
Prediction: In two years, it will become apparent that Tucker Schye was the best player recruited out of Montana high schools in 2012. This kid is a stud, tall, long, rangy, with speed. He can easily put on more weight without it effecting his quickness or speed. Big frame. He played for a smaller school, which is why he is flying under the radar.... just like Kroy Biermann did at Hardin. But it will be shown in time that he is the gem of the 2012 high school players from Montana.
The kids from Bigfork that I've talked to and played against him in the Semi's totally agree. Also Josh Janssen from Loyola who dismantled Bigfork earlier in the season is the second the best Class B player. I watched him dominate on both sides of the ball.

We have crossed the 90,000 view and 1000 post tread so its time for this Bear to take a long needed rest. But before I do, some final thoughts on 2013 recruiting.

1- The coaches had a plan and fulfilled that plan. SPEED! This class can flat out get up and down the field. The coaches looked at last year and all the close loses and saw what most of us saw, UM was out athleted and at times seemed slow.

2- Great job with limited schollies. Only 12 senior plus three transfers out. To get players like Ari Morales to walk on as a prefered walk-on and Zach Vis as a partial tells me that players want to be Griz.

3- The lack of Montana recruits, does not show the lack of trying. UM as stated, was looking for speed in the WR, RB and DB areas. This year the state of Montana had few of those kinds of players. Janssen (Loyola) Schye (Malta) & Grahm (Big Sky) are three of the fastest kids in the state. Yes, the kitties got three guys I wish were griz. Roderick (Nevada Transfer), Devin Jeffries (Glacier) and Trevan Timmer (Great Falls) are VERY VERY Good. I'm not as high on the other 8 Montana kids that became kitties including Vitt and Brekke. Seem like reaches in some cases.

4- The two transfers will both make immediate impacts! Van at RB can flat out fly and VanAckeren is a fast hitting Safety.

5- Favors (RB), Rogers (WR), Ralston (TE), Russell (DB), Parker (DB), McKinley (DB) and Strahm (DB/LB) are all future stars.

6- If TE- Curtis White does transfer and is healthy... HE IS A STUD!!!

7- I love that the Griz coaches are looking at higher rated athletes. It cant hurt to ask and UM was "beat out" by the likes of UCLA, Oregon and Nebraska.

8- Considering the circus that has ocurred with legal matters I believe that the UM coaches did an incredible job this year.

9- I really liked last years class and this years is I think a slightly better class. That makes me fairly certain that the dip in the road is almost past the football program.

10- I dont think the Griz are done... Look for 3 or 4 new faces after Spring football.

11- 204 days to App State!!!!

Where the real fun begins is with the players below... Who is going to step up and truly surprise in the next few years????
QB Makena Simis 6'2" 185 (Capital HS) Boise, ID (Top QB in Idaho)
RB- John Nguyen 5'7" 187 (Bellevue HS) Bellevue, WA (Partial) (Some say better then his brother)
OL- Cameron Rokich 6'5" 250 (Juan Diego HS) Draper, UT (UM's only OL this year)
WR/RB- Mick Delaney 6'0" 185 (Bozeman HS) Bozeman, MT (Partial) (???)
TE- Noah Scarver 6' 3" 230 (Washburn HS) Minneapolis, MN (Highly though of in Minnesota)
TE- Josh Horner 6'5" 215 (CMR HS) Great Falls, MT (Partial) (Mr. Everything for CMR)
TE- Cooper Sprunk 6'4" 240 (Jesuit HS) Portland, OR (Prefered Walk-on) (A surprise late addition)
LB- Cole Landes 6'2" 215 (Bellevue HS) Bellevue, WA (Prefered Walk-on)(A surprise late addition)

bigforkgriz said:
Special K said:
Prediction: In two years, it will become apparent that Tucker Schye was the best player recruited out of Montana high schools in 2012. This kid is a stud, tall, long, rangy, with speed. He can easily put on more weight without it effecting his quickness or speed. Big frame. He played for a smaller school, which is why he is flying under the radar.... just like Kroy Biermann did at Hardin. But it will be shown in time that he is the gem of the 2012 high school players from Montana.
The kids from Bigfork that I've talked to and played against him in the Semi's totally agree. Also Josh Janssen from Loyola who dismantled Bigfork earlier in the season is the second the best Class B player. I watched him dominate on both sides of the ball.

I agree about Schye. He has the chance to be the best player in our class. Lucky for us he played at Malta. I think he and Strahm will be dominant LBs for us in a few years. Jeffries and McQueary would have been nice pickups.

Agreed! Thanks PL for all your work on this!

As to # 9, I like what Coach Delaney said, “You put this class and that class (last year's) together, and maybe that’ll keep you from throwing me in the river for another 7 or 8 months. We’re really excited about it.”

:lol:

Go Griz!
Maul'em!

Paytonlives - I can't thank you enough. Your efforts and contributions to this site are amazing. Thanks!

Geez, no kidding. What an amazing job you did, Payton. Some day, you'll have to start rating the state recruits for NWprepts.

Payton thank you very much for all of your work on the recruits. It's a pleasure to have a person like you on here keeping the rest of us up on recruiting. Your the king of recruiting and a mirror of Brent with his practice and game updates! You should be proud!

I know we offered Dajon Williams QB from Pflugerville Texas, and I think each and every year we should keep going down there and try to get ourselves a dual threat guy. I mean it wouldn't hurt and maybe we could stumble upon a gem like the cats did with DM.

NikeGrizz said:
I know we offered Dajon Williams QB from Pflugerville Texas, and I think each and every year we should keep going down there and try to get ourselves a dual threat guy. I mean it wouldn't hurt and maybe we could stumble upon a gem like the cats did with DM.

If only Pflugrad was still our coach. I mean, the headline basically writes itself.

"Pflugrad goes to Pflugerville for QB."

Mitch Lomax headed to Azusa Pacific

http://www.laurielomax.com/2013/02/11/commitment-day/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WyomingGrizFan said:
behappp said:

http://www.laurielomax.com/2013/02/11/commitment-day/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Huh?

I was thinking he was Griz material.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Reading that blog, it's readily apparent why he didn't choose Montana.

AZGrizFan said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
behappp said:

Huh?

I was thinking he was Griz material.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Reading that blog, it's readily apparent why he didn't choose Montana.

Well, I'd have to admit, I didn't really read the blog other than to confirm the NAIA Azusa Pacific commitment sort of deal. The "Griz material" was his sports activity prowess and capabilities, etc., acknowledgment. That I came across the..."(his) four year mission to explore strange new California traditions..." might be the revelation you're referring to?

I lived in California for five years myself and I don't know about "new" California traditions; other than the fact there aren't any more orange groves where they used to be. Mostly hitting up on the wineries in Napa Valley, etc. Cannery Row in San Francisco. Disneyland in Anaheim. Same o' smog in L.A. No more Alcatraz. San Juan Capistrano wasn't too bad.

I haven't done the tree sitting thing in the Redwoods yet, though; nor the belly skiing down Mount Shasta yet, either.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...Portland state is a non-religious commuter school." Is that where they go from hiding underneath their beds until they join up with the Bhagwans and get shipped on their buses from one polling place to another, voter-register same day as casting a vote, in the name of the "Mighty Guru?"

Back