• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2016 Griz Football Recruiting (38)- 20 Verbals/ 8 Transfers/ 10 Walk-Ons & 3 Offers

mtgrizrule said:
krammer said:
I am kind of surprised we are not recruiting the eastern slope of he rockies in the Denver area....there are 110 high schools that play football there...I would think stitt would be well connected...maybe later...

I've been fortunate enough to have lived in the Denver and Omaha areas. Those 2 metro areas have plenty of talent that flies under the radar. It will be interesting to see the areas Stitt adds to the GRIZ pipelines. It takes awhile to build a pipeline in any good area. Right now Stitt, and his staff are working on the transitional phases of his hiring. As the system is in place, and the players are familiar with the expectations, etc time will open up for the staff to start putting their own stamp on recruiting. We will see a few players from new areas in the upcoming recruiting class, to what extent, I really am not sure. :thumb:

that sounds reasonable....I too am from Denver,(c.u grad) (37 years ago),,,that place has exploded as you know with all the influx of people moving in.....even with c.u. csu and unc....still leaves a bunch of talent untapped and I am not counting the western slope.....air force is pretty much goes nation wide for recruits, so I didn't list them.....we should be able to compete with everyone else down there for the talent pool imo....it's great to be a griz fan in these times .....

krammer said:
mtgrizrule said:
krammer said:
I am kind of surprised we are not recruiting the eastern slope of he rockies in the Denver area....there are 110 high schools that play football there...I would think stitt would be well connected...maybe later...

I've been fortunate enough to have lived in the Denver and Omaha areas. Those 2 metro areas have plenty of talent that flies under the radar. It will be interesting to see the areas Stitt adds to the GRIZ pipelines. It takes awhile to build a pipeline in any good area. Right now Stitt, and his staff are working on the transitional phases of his hiring. As the system is in place, and the players are familiar with the expectations, etc time will open up for the staff to start putting their own stamp on recruiting. We will see a few players from new areas in the upcoming recruiting class, to what extent, I really am not sure. :thumb:

that sounds reasonable....I too am from Denver,(c.u grad) (37 years ago),,,that place has exploded as you know with all the influx of people moving in.....even with c.u. csu and unc....still leaves a bunch of talent untapped and I am not counting the western slope.....air force is pretty much goes nation wide for recruits, so I didn't list them.....we should be able to compete with everyone else down there for the talent pool imo....it's great to be a griz fan in these times .....

Stitt mentioned that he will be recruiting the Denver area, so I think we all can be happy with that. :thumb:

And yes, it is great to be a Griz Fan in these times...especially with the HUGE Riverfront Triangle project that is in the planning stages....(it will be located just west of downtown)....consisting of a 175 room hotel, a small Boutique Inn, 30,000 sq/ft Conference Center, an Office Building, 50 Condos, 25,000 sq/ft of Retail Space, plus Smaller Shops, 200 Housing Units, 800 Parking Spaces, and a Pedestrian Bridge over the Clark Fork River...which will make Missoula a major destination in the Northwest...(creating 160 permanent jobs by 2025).

Couple all that, with all the major improvements to the UM Athletic Facilities like the new Academic Center, new Champions Center (weight room), new football locker room, new Softball Stadium, new Indoor Golf Center...and I'd say it's the most exciting time in Griz History (as far as amenities on and near campus).

krammer said:

Boy you're not kidding, I had seen where Denver was one of the, if not the, hottest housing markets in the country...

We've already stolen two Air Force kids away this year, with a transfer and with a HS recruit de-committing from Air Force and choosing Montana. :D :clap:

These are the Montana kids I know are getting serious attention from UM:
Chase Benson -- DE, 6-5, 245, Helena High (Helena)
Michael Jobman – WR/OLB, 6-4, 200, Huntley Project High (Wordon)
Jed Nagler -- WR/DE, 6-3, 210, Whitefish High (Whitefish)
Peyton O’Reilly -- ILB, 6-1, 220, Bozeman High (Bozeman)
Dane Warp -- QB, 6-3, 170, Havre High (Havre)

I think Carson King was to be back from his LDS mission in time for the 2016 season. 6'3" LB, Dillon

NEW OFFER: Ezra Cleveland 6'6" 280 DE Spanaway, WA (Bethel School)

Also has offers from Air Force, Boise State, Eastern Washington, Hawaii, Montana State, Nevada, Oregon State, Portland State, and Utah State.

WaGriz4life said:
NEW OFFER: Troy Conyers 6'6" 315 OT El Paso, TX (El Paso Prep)

Also has offers from Central Connecticut State, Robert Morris, and Towson

Potential Dola'er there. :thumb:

kyle_sample said:

Add in Andrew Grinde - CMR (RB) & Thomas Trefney- Glacier (RB)

Paytonlives said:
kyle_sample said:

Add in Andrew Grinde - CMR (RB) & Thomas Trefney- Glacier (RB)

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=70333&p=1061036#p1061036

Just like we all have believed, the success of former Griz playing in the NFL has had in impact in recruiting for Montana:

Fa'atuiese - ""They’ve got like 12 players in the NFL," said Faatuiese, who will sign his papers this week and accept a full-ride scholarship. "Last year they got like their three starting linebackers (drafted). I know their teams do well each year."

Owen Burke: seen this tweet today:

Jeremy Bennett ‏@jrbennet 15h15 hours ago
@UMGRIZZLIES_FB I'm telling you Coach Stit @owen5burke from D'evelyn in Colorado can sling it! He is excited to be there on Monday

He look's great, but I think he is just coming to a camp? He's just a jr. at this point. Class of 2016. Yahoo does show interest in Montana and Stitt did mention he wants a pipe line from Denver, seeing that is where he has been the last 15 years.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1737894/owen-burke

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Owen-Burke-170670/print

http://www.denverpost.com/preps/ci_26683357/develyn-qb-owen-burke-has-been-hitting-record-books

http://blogs.denverpost.com/preps/2014/10/04/football-develyn-qb-owen-burke-throws-500-plus/14266/

Here's a QB Stitt ought to target for 2017. This was my daughter's school...Kellen Mond is the QB. These are his SOPHOMORE highlights, first year as a starter. He'll be a junior this coming year....the last 2 QB's from this team went to Oklahoma (Trevor Knight) and TCU (Ty Summers):

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggyqqTxeCdU[/youtube]

#30 is Jake Killeen, a senior OLB on the same team....ended up going D-III...an absolute STEAL for Wheaton College IMHO.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C9iGc-78pQ[/youtube]

THIS is a pipeline Stitt ought to open.

Back