• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2016 Griz Football Recruiting (38)- 20 Verbals/ 8 Transfers/ 10 Walk-Ons & 3 Offers

Paytonlives said:
XxSpectrexX said:
Yahoo sports says offer is from down the road at MT State, is this an error?

This happens each year... some reports show Montana and some msu. Though most show msu, hard to believe but there are still recruiting sites that dont know the difference between a Grizzly and a cat.

I will search a little deeper.

Definitely need to differentiate between us and them... seems if it isn't Texas, California, or Florida they tend to not care as much. Considering UMT's track record and MSU's they should know the difference.

XxSpectrexX said:
Paytonlives said:
XxSpectrexX said:

This happens each year... some reports show Montana and some msu. Though most show msu, hard to believe but there are still recruiting sites that dont know the difference between a Grizzly and a cat.

Definitely need to differentiate between us and them... seems if it isn't Texas, California, or Florida they tend to not care as much. Considering UMT's track record and MSU's they should know the difference.

I took him off the list... appears some reports just left "State" off.

That is why state uses the M on their uniforms and marketing. They are trading on the success story of UM.

Spanky said:
That is why state uses the M on their uniforms and marketing. They are trading on the success story of UM.

Yeah, no sh!t. You don't see Michigan State with a M on their helmet. You don't see Oregon State with an O on their helemt. You don't see Washington State with a W on their helmet And so on...and so on... :lol: :werd:

IntuitiveGriz said:
Spanky said:

Yeah, no sh!t. You don't see Michigan State with a M on their helmet. You don't see Oregon State with an O on their helemt. You don't see Washington State with a W on their helmet And so on...and so on... :lol: :werd:

Yeah, and you don't see the Minnesota State Screaming Eagles with an M on....their.....uh......never mind. :mrgreen:

Eagles256.png

Looks like the 2016 Griz signing class will have a between 20-24 Players.

UM has only 17 Seniors (Only 3 on Offense!) There will be some players leave in the next 10 months and some schollies split.

Expect a D/ Special teams heavy year! (unless Greenberg and Peoples are UM's only kickers)

Seniors for this Fall:
OL John Schmaing
WR Tyler Lucas
WR Jamaal Jones

DE Tyrone Holmes
DE Derek Crittenden
DT Jamal Wilson
LB Connor Lebsock
LB Jeremiah Kose
LB Kendrick Van Ackeren
LB Herbert Gamboa
CB Nate Harris
S Eric Johnson
S Justin Whitted
S Jake Dallaserra

K/P Chris Lider
P Stephen Shaw
K Daniel Sullivan

Paytonlives said:
XxSpectrexX said:
Paytonlives said:
XxSpectrexX said:

I took him off the list... appears some reports just left "State" off.

Rey Green does have an offer from Montana according to discussions I've had with his coach

Paytonlives said:

UM has only 17 Seniors (Only 3 on Offense!) There will be some players leave in the next 10 months and some schollies split.

Expect a D/ Special teams heavy year! (unless Greenberg and Peoples are UM's only kickers)

Seniors for this Fall:
OL John Schmaing
WR Tyler Lucas
WR Jamaal Jones

DE Tyrone Holmes
DE Derek Crittenden
DT Jamal Wilson
LB Connor Lebsock
LB Jeremiah Kose
LB Kendrick Van Ackeren
LB Herbert Gamboa
CB Nate Harris
S Eric Johnson
S Justin Whitted
S Jake Dallaserra

K/P Chris Lider
P Stephen Shaw
K Daniel Sullivan

Our Defense is going to take a hit after this year..

grizcountry420 said:
Paytonlives said:

Seniors for this Fall:
OL John Schmaing
WR Tyler Lucas
WR Jamaal Jones

DE Tyrone Holmes
DE Derek Crittenden
DT Jamal Wilson
LB Connor Lebsock
LB Jeremiah Kose
LB Kendrick Van Ackeren
LB Herbert Gamboa
CB Nate Harris
S Eric Johnson
S Justin Whitted
S Jake Dallaserra

K/P Chris Lider
P Stephen Shaw
K Daniel Sullivan

True, however I think corner (lots of size, depth, and athletic ability) and safety will be awesome the next few years and perhaps strengths the next couple. The good news to me is that we have recruited really good lb recuits...Cy Cirmon should be ready to contribute next year. He's more physically mature than most of our recruits at that position. Also, King will return from his mission. Really excited to see Sims and Schye line up as d-ends. Hoping for some blowouts this year to get the young guys reps early and often. Right now interior d-line looks thin, especially with the loss of Ena, really hope he can make it at some point.

Alaska Griz said:
grizcountry420 said:
Paytonlives said:

Seniors for this Fall:
OL John Schmaing
WR Tyler Lucas
WR Jamaal Jones

DE Tyrone Holmes
DE Derek Crittenden
DT Jamal Wilson
LB Connor Lebsock
LB Jeremiah Kose
LB Kendrick Van Ackeren
LB Herbert Gamboa
CB Nate Harris
S Eric Johnson
S Justin Whitted
S Jake Dallaserra

K/P Chris Lider
P Stephen Shaw
K Daniel Sullivan

True, however I think corner (lots of size, depth, and athletic ability) and safety will be awesome the next few years and perhaps strengths the next couple. The good news to me is that we have recruited really good lb recuits...Cy Cirmon should be ready to contribute next year. He's more physically mature than most of our recruits at that position. Also, King will return from his mission. Really excited to see Sims and Schye line up as d-ends. Hoping for some blowouts this year to get the young guys reps early and often. Right now interior d-line looks thin, especially with the loss of Ena, really hope he can make it at some point.

Hopefully some of these guys you had mentioned at the LB spot get some reps in this year cause they will be green next season.

[/quote]
Rey Green does have an offer from Montana according to discussions I've had with his coach[/quote]

Vancouver (Wash.) Evergreen running back Rey Green was offered by Eastern Washington.

Defensive back

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gavinjcrow32/status/622197438846111744[/tweet]

http://www.northwesteliteindex.com/2015/07/16/kamiakins-crow-grabs-first-offer/

We just offered a full ride to Gavin Crow to play safety.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4566284/highlights/214098375/v2#

blackfootipa said:
We just offered a full ride to Gavin Crow to play safety.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4566284/highlights/214098375/v2#

Good size and speed for safety. He has great instincts and sheds blocks well. He does need to work on tackling consistency for the next level. He tends to drop his head on tackles (that is common though). I do like his attitude though. He plays hard all the time, and does look to create fumbles often.

Yukon said:
Defensive back

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gavinjcrow32/status/622197438846111744[/tweet]

http://www.northwesteliteindex.com/2015/07/16/kamiakins-crow-grabs-first-offer/

Added...

Back