• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2016 Griz signing day list (36) Signed/ Official +11 more

DuCharme said:
Ben Hardy. Brother of former Griz, Greg Hardy.

VS03 and others - any more info you can give us on Ben Hardy? I see you had him as the top TE in the State.

behappp said:
DuCharme said:
Ben Hardy. Brother of former Griz, Greg Hardy.

VS03 and others - any more info you can give us on Ben Hardy? I see you had him as the top TE in the State.

My shrine game post on Ben:

Ben Hardy comes to the shrine game from Fairview. The school produces good athletes nearly every year and Ben is no exception. What sets him apart from the rest is his height and pass-catching ability. He has a different frame than his older brother Greg as he is built a bit leaner but you can't teach 6'6". Ben is also a standout basketball and track athlete. Older brother Greg Hardy was an All-Big Sky TE for the Grizzlies. Anyway, Ben is the best TE prospect Montana has to offer and the Bobcats & Griz are interested. I'm sure the Griz have put out some interest and I'm unsure on the Bobcats interest under the new coaching staff. Ben was a two time All-State pick in football for the Warriors.

Ben will need to get stronger and improve his speed but if he develops correctly, he should fit into the inside receiver position. Again, you can't teach 6'6".

Thanks - as always, good insight. I believe that Stitt will find a way to use that 6'6" whether one calls it a TE or an inside receiver.

For 6'6", Hardy's speed actually isn't too shabby currently. It will be interesting to see what he does in track this spring. Plus he can always improve over the next 5 years (half decade). Their soph years, I found a 100 meter dash time that was near identical for Hardy and Corbin, off by just .02 second, what would have been a photo finish if you will.

Ok Hardy isn't going to dust any DBs after the catch on the Div 1 football field, but that doesn't matter, he's a huge target with a catch radius that you can't defend without out pass interfering/mugging him. Passing to him is like throwing downfield to a cellular tower, especially in the end zone, where we most like our passes to be caught. If he ends up displaying soft hands, lookout.

IntuitiveGriz said:
For 6'6", Hardy's speed actually isn't too shabby currently. It will be interesting to see what he does in track this spring. Plus he can always improve over the next 5 years (half decade). Their soph years, I found a 100 meter dash time that was near identical for Hardy and Corbin, off by just .02 second, what would have been a photo finish if you will.

Ok Hardy isn't going to dust any DBs after the catch on the Div 1 football field, but that doesn't matter, he's a huge target with a catch radius that you can't defend without out pass interfering/mugging him. Passing to him is like throwing downfield to a cellular tower, especially in the end zone, where we most like our passes to be caught. If he ends up displaying soft hands, lookout.

Always nice to have that possession receiver in short yardage as well. Can't just assume to stack the box.

behappp said:
Thanks - as always, good insight. I believe that Stitt will find a way to use that 6'6" whether one calls it a TE or an inside receiver.

In spread offenses (where they flex the traditional down TE out to a standing slot receiver position, instead of keeping him as an in-line TE next to a Tackle) they now call the TE an "H", short for H-Back.

These H's are typically lighter and faster than the old traditional TE's. For obvious route running and pass catching reasons. They are great blockers on the perimeter clearly too.

Damn, UM has got some good ones too!

IntuitiveGriz said:
behappp said:

In spread offenses (where they flex the traditional down TE out to a standing slot receiver position, instead of keeping him as an in-line TE next to a Tackle) they now call the TE an "H", short for H-Back.

These H's are typically lighter and faster than the old traditional TE's. For obvious route running and pass catching reasons. They are great blockers on the perimeter clearly too.

Comparing "tight ends" the Griz have gotten from the Montana ranks, Colin Bingham was more of a true tight end because of his blocking ability as well as his athleticism. Hardy has a long way to go to catch up to Colin in the blocking category due to their differences in overall strength coming out of high school. That is why I'm saying depending how Ben develops in terms of speed or strength, he may end up being an outside receiver in Stitt's offense instead of an inside receiver.

Hey PissSinceForever,
Can you please do a short post contrasting the 2016 MT recruits to each school? Maybe this has already been posted somewhere else? I'd like to just see the final/total names of each MT recruit to each school, and what was paid for each (i.e., was it a full scholly, partial, or PWO). I keep hearing that the cats somehow "won" the state and I would like to understand how that is even possible.
Thanks, Piss!

VimSince03 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
behappp said:

Comparing "tight ends" the Griz have gotten from the Montana ranks, Colin Bingham was more of a true tight end because of his blocking ability as well as his athleticism. Hardy has a long way to go to catch up to Colin in the blocking category due to their differences in overall strength coming out of high school. That is why I'm saying depending how Ben develops in terms of speed or strength, he may end up being an outside receiver in Stitt's offense instead of an inside receiver.

I like the idea of throwing up the sideline to a 6'6" guy on a go-route, for sure.

Hardy does have a long way to go to get to a "typical" X receiver speed though. But at 6'6" it might not matter that he doesn't possess that type speed.

And on Bingham, you don't have to tell me about him, that dude was the BEST blocker I've ever seen! BEAST. His coach even said he's the best he's ever seen.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Passing to him is like throwing downfield to a cellular tower, especially in the end zone, where we most like our passes to be caught.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's strong work, IG. :clap: :clap:

AZGrizFan said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Passing to him is like throwing downfield to a cellular tower, especially in the end zone, where we most like our passes to be caught.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's strong work, IG. :clap: :clap:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumb: Thanks AZ!

garizzalies said:
Hey PissSinceForever,
Can you please do a short post contrasting the 2016 MT recruits to each school? Maybe this has already been posted somewhere else? I'd like to just see the final/total names of each MT recruit to each school, and what was paid for each (i.e., was it a full scholly, partial, or PWO). I keep hearing that the cats somehow "won" the state and I would like to understand how that is even possible.
Thanks, Piss!

Gayrizzalies, you can find all the info right here.

http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=35926&p=521814#p521814

Also, I have not added these recruits to this page yet which gives an accurate depiction of who has gotten the best production from Montana players since 2010.

http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=37410&p=551446&hilit=Montana+recruiting+battle+since+2011#p551446

As far as who won, we won't know until 2-3 years. We don't even know who won last year's battle yet. I believe we won the "on-paper" battle this year not because we got more players, but because we got quality and quantity. Again, I posted on these kids all year and some of you didn't start running your mouths until they committed to the Grizzlies. So this year, if you see a Montana kid that you think is worthy, say it early and say it often and don't just start bragging them up until after they commit. Be unbiased and honest.

Overall, these kids will go to the school that presents the best fit for them not only on the field, but in the classroom as well. This year's Montana class was a great example of that.

IntuitiveGriz said:
VimSince03 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
behappp said:

I like the idea of throwing up the sideline to a 6'6" guy on a go-route, for sure.

Hardy does have a long way to go to get to a "typical" X receiver speed though. But at 6'6" it might not matter that he doesn't possess that type speed.

And on Bingham, you don't have to tell me about him, that dude was the BEST blocker I've ever seen! BEAST. His coach even said he's the best he's ever seen.

Best in-line blocking tight end to come out of Montana in a while. Was so impressed with Colin.

Also, if any of you want to talk Griz or Cat Montana recruits, I'll give you a strength and weakness of each kid. And I will be honest and unbiased. Make fun of what I say on here but if you want a real conversation, PM me.

VimSince03 said:
garizzalies said:
Hey PissSinceForever,
Thanks, Piss!

Gayrizzalies, you can find all the info right here.

http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=35926&p=521814#p521814

Also, I have not added these recruits to this page yet which gives an accurate depiction of who has gotten the best production from Montana players since 2010.

http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=37410&p=551446&hilit=Montana+recruiting+battle+since+2011#p551446

As far as who won, we won't know until 2-3 years. We don't even know who won last year's battle yet. I believe we won the "on-paper" battle this year not because we got more players, but because we got quality and quantity. Again, I posted on these kids all year and some of you didn't start running your mouths until they committed to the Grizzlies. So this year, if you see a Montana kid that you think is worthy, say it early and say it often and don't just start bragging them up until after they commit. Be unbiased and honest.

Overall, these kids will go to the school that presents the best fit for them not only on the field, but in the classroom as well. This year's Montana class was a great example of that.
Typical internet. Ask a simple question and get a bunch of spam in return. There's no way I'm going to click on your crappy site. I'm not buying whatever in the hell you're trying to sell me.

garizzalies....this is a little harsh from what I have seen vs03 post on egriz this past couple months,,,,he has been as objective as anyone fan can be from my perspective....go griz !

Back