• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2016 Griz signing day list (36) Signed/ Official +11 more

krammer said:
garizzalies....this is a little harsh from what I have seen vs03 post on egriz this past couple months,,,,he has been as objective as anyone fan can be from my perspective....go griz !

Amen to that Krammer. What has happened to congeniality?

Sorry to you, fellow grizmen, I guess, but I'm not apologizing to Mr P. I show cats no mercy, in all walks of life, and particularly on our own board.
And I don't think they "won the state." At all. That's why I posed the question. Pound for pound, dollar for dollar, I think we won, if anyone can even tell at this point

Don't really know why I responded. You had the answer you wanted anyway. Just thought I'd give you some analysis. Maybe I should just redo the ranking and put every kid that committed to the Griz above everybody else, regardless of how good of a prospect they are. Like I said, I ranked the kids fair the previous year with the only Griz player being Josh Sandry not in my top five (Mitch Brott from Billings West was instead). As for the Griz fans who want to continue to actually talk about recruits this next year, I will respond if you have any questions and we can have an actual discussion.

garizzalies said:
Sorry to you, fellow grizmen, I guess, but I'm not apologizing to Mr P. I show cats no mercy, in all walks of life, and particularly on our own board.
And I don't think they "won the state." At all. That's why I posed the question. Pound for pound, dollar for dollar, I think we won, if anyone can even tell at this point
That's what they claimed last year

catsack said:
garizzalies said:
That's what they claimed last year

I think everyone was pretty adamant the Griz easily won the Montana recruiting battle last year. Whoever claimed that was simply denying the talent at the top of that list.

How I ranked them:
1) Jesse Sims (Corvallis) - DE/OLB
2) Colin Bingham (Missoula Big Sky) - TE/DE
3) Holden Ryan (Billings Central) - ATH
4) Dalton Daum (Butte) - WR
5) Mitch Brott (Billings West) - OT
6) Josh Sandry (Big Fork) - S
7) Brayden Konkol (Belgrade) - OLB/Safety
8) Logan Jones (Kalispell Glacier) - ATH
9) Marcus Ferriter (Butte Central) - DE
10) Andrew Harris (Kalispell Glacier) - DE

Both Desin and Bleskin's out comes weren't much worse than the Newly Famous
Oregon Ducks.....a smack down in the Brawl is still a lasting memory in every Montanan's mind

Back to player Hardy. It seems like he may end up on the defense as his brother mentioned that side of the ball for his younger brother. In any event this is one good looking player coming to Montana. Who knows at this point but when he adds a few lbs this kid will be excellent!

Sam A. Blitz said:
Devin Maua became the state champion AA heavyweight this last weekend.
so did Jake Sessions from Colstrip who signed a full ride with the Cats. I wonder if they faced each other this year.

WaGriz4life said:
Sam A. Blitz said:
so did Jake Sessions from Colstrip who signed a full ride with the Cats. I wonder if they faced each other this year.
Different classes so I doubt it.

Grizguyjj said:
WaGriz4life said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

Don't know if did, but at large tournaments like CMR Holiday, Tom LeProwse etc. B vs AA happens

Ursus1 said:
Grizguyjj said:
WaGriz4life said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

Don't know if did, but at large tournaments like CMR Holiday, Tom LeProwse etc. B vs AA happens

If all goes well, they'll have the opportunity to bump into one another down the road.

WaGriz4life said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

I read somewhere else that they wrestled against one another as sophomores. And as usual, the Griz came out on top. I believe Maua won 18-7.

BDizzle said:
WaGriz4life said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

I read somewhere else that they wrestled against one another as sophomores. And as usual, the Griz came out on top. I believe Maua won 18-7.

For an updated comparison, look to AA standout Noah Danielson from CMR. He was the favorite going into the AA State meet this year. On 1/9/16 Tom LeProwse tournament, Noah beat Jake by a 2-1 decision along with a 1-0 decision at the CMR classis on 12/19. These were Jake's only two losses on the year. At the State AA meet, Devin Maua upset Danielson by a 2-1 decision in the semifinals. Noah's second loss of the year from AA competition.

Another comparison comes with another AA standout, Jeff Queer from Butte. Jeff fell to Devin in the state AA finals last week after a 2:45 minute battle. During the CMR classis, Jake Sessions beat Jeff Queer in :30 seconds. There you have it. Also, Noah Danielson signed with Montana-Western for football last month.

The point of all this? Jake and Devin are both very good wrestlers and should excel on the football field for the Cats and Griz.

Back