• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2016 Snapshot

by grizeyes » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:51 pm

grizatwork wrote:
Just to take this in the opposite direction. I feel as if he were put in a position by our do or die defensive strategy that gave the receivers the advantage over our defensive backs. I also believe that a snapshot in time does not give a true reflection of anything.

I can tell you my one and only interaction with Yamen. I was on the field after the Idaho State game with my grandson who was getting autographs on his football. He went up to Yamen and handed him the ball. Yamen knelt down to get at his level and asked him, "what do you say?" My grandson had to ask him for his autograph politely. He then had a pleasant conversation with my Grandson asking him how he enjoyed the game and how he was doing in school. I thanked him for not letting my grandson be rude and had a short but pleasant conversation with him. It became obvious to me that he was raised right and wanted to teach my grandson as much how to act after the game as you do on the field. I appreciate his effort for my team, but I appreciate the 2 minutes he spent with my grandson more. I am sure he will be successful in what ever he does.

Great Post. :thumb:

Absolutely ..... :clap: :clap: :clap: There were a lot of defensive players out of position last year and to pin it on Yamen is in very poor taste

grizatwork said:
Just to take this in the opposite direction. I feel as if he were put in a position by our do or die defensive strategy that gave the receivers the advantage over our defensive backs. I also believe that a snapshot in time does not give a true reflection of anything.

I can tell you my one and only interaction with Yamen. I was on the field after the Idaho State game with my grandson who was getting autographs on his football. He went up to Yamen and handed him the ball. Yamen knelt down to get at his level and asked him, "what do you say?" My grandson had to ask him for his autograph politely. He then had a pleasant conversation with my Grandson asking him how he enjoyed the game and how he was doing in school. I thanked him for not letting my grandson be rude and had a short but pleasant conversation with him. It became obvious to me that he was raised right and wanted to teach my grandson as much how to act after the game as you do on the field. I appreciate his effort for my team, but I appreciate the 2 minutes he spent with my grandson more. I am sure he will be successful in what ever he does.

Good post. No need to pile on the guy, especially not knowing if he's completely at fault on some of those plays...

Ringneck said:
VimSince03 said:
Sandry should've started all year.
Word and amen.

I was disapointed in Sanders coverage this past season as well.

But everyone needs to watch the film closely, Sandry missed a sh :!: t-ton of tackles. But as a youngin' that was to be somewhat expected... going to be a great one when all said and done.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Ringneck said:
VimSince03 said:
Word and amen.

But everyone needs to watch the film closely, Sandry missed a sh :!: t-ton of tackles. But as a youngin' that was to be somewhat expected... going to be a great one when all said and done.

A common thread on all message boards is that the second name on the two deep is better than the first.

mtgriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Ringneck said:
VimSince03 said:
Word and amen.

A common thread on all message boards is that the second name on the two deep is better than the first.

:lol: :thumb:

mtgriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Ringneck said:
VimSince03 said:
Word and amen.

Well.....all I can say about Sandry is.......he got beat a few times at the Griz spring game... then ran our top notch receivers down and tackled them from behind. I think the kid will be fine.

daGrizJ said:
mtgriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Well.....all I can say about Sandry is.......he got beat a few times at the Griz spring game... then ran our top notch receivers down and tackled them from behind. I think the kid will be fine.

Not a dig at any individuals - just seems like the guy that plays less is many times thought of more highly due to fans' selective memories of minus plays over plus plays. Especially true of the QB position.

mtgriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Ringneck said:
VimSince03 said:
Word and amen.

A common thread on the litterbox message board is that the second name on the two deep is better than the Green Bay Packer starters.

Edited for accuracy.

Latest posts

Back