• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2017 Jerry Rice Award

77matcat said:
Aren’t most freshmen are 17/18.

Not saying Jensen didn’t have a good year. He’s at least a year, maybe a year and a half older than Anderson. Lots of Development happens your true freshman year. Hard to compare the two at the same place in time unless you can say how much value to the team Jensen was his first year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No, 18/19. Guess they should have red-shirted him.

Would have been nice if there were a bunch of juniors and seniors that started and he red-shirted.

WTF cares, besides you?

Andersen didn’t redshirt this season because there weren’t any redshirts or true soph/jr/senior players on the team available and or that were better players to keep him from seeing the field. Of all positions on a football team, it’s @ running back where you see the greatest number of freshmen playing. Calhoun played as a true freshman because there weren’t more talented upper-class men to keep him from it.

77matcat said:
So what was Jensen’s value to the team at 18???

He was busy being a student-athlete - 2016 National Football Foundation National High School Scholar-Athlete Award.

What is your point?

Dang! A college football forum that gets into a research subject (just for the sake of argument as if one were to walk along Broad Street in Augusta, Georgia listening to all the dang lawyers "talk").

Although this came out of a place not noted for anything other than research just to prevent their faculty from perishing (publish or perish anyone?) it does note the latest educational jargon--"trends"--and somewhere in here one ought to probably see "rigorous" just for good measure...

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.460.6285&rep=rep1&type=pdf

Griz 'n said:
77matcat said:
So what was Jensen’s value to the team at 18???

He was busy being a student-athlete - 2016 National Football Foundation National High School Scholar-Athlete Award.

What is your point?

There isn’t one, but there will doubtless be some kind of reply. Wondering if this is some kind of thread on state ag & rodeo clown college nation. It’s what a bunch of guys going to an engineering school would discuss.

No reason to get your undies in a wad. Earlier in the thread someone pointed out that (in their opinion) Jensen was far better that Andersen. Just pointing out that Anderson is a year or more younger, a true freshman.

77matcat said:
Aren’t most freshmen are 17/18.

Not saying Jensen didn’t have a good year. He’s at least a year, maybe a year and a half older than Anderson. Lots of Development happens your true freshman year. Hard to compare the two at the same place in time unless you can say how much value to the team Jensen was his first year.

If our sons classes are any guide the majority are 18. Other than that, there seems to be far more age 19 than 17 when entering as college freshmen. Someone like your Murray was a BIG exception age wise.

As to the rest of it... both Andersen and Jensen are exceptionally gifted athletes. Hope both stay healthy and we see just how far they can go during the next three years of their careers. :ugeek:

77matcat said:
No reason to get your undies in a wad. Earlier in the thread someone pointed out that (in their opinion) Jensen was far better that Andersen. Just pointing out that Anderson is a year or more younger, a true freshman.

So? Jensen is the 2nd best QB in the league (behind Gubrud) and he’s younger than every other starting QB.

77matcat said:

You’re really reaching to justify the injustice that was Gresch Jensen not being Big Sky freshman of the year.

Kudos for trying, I guess.

I’m guessing Big Sky folks voted based on personal knowledge vs national folks looking at stats.

Here’s hoping that both stay healthy and tear it up the next three years.

I didn’t think Jensen had a very good game his last game.

77matcat said:
I’m guessing Big Sky folks voted based on personal knowledge vs national folks looking at stats.

Here’s hoping that both stay healthy and tear it up the next three years.

I didn’t think Jensen had a very good game his last game.

30-49 (61%) for 326, 1 TD and 1 INT, and singlehandedly led a furious drive to almost Score and tie the game...while hurt.

Man if you didn't like any of that then you must HATE your QB.

I think we need to start a 15-year-old to guarantee we get frosh of the year awards. Yeah, he might not be the best freshman, but you have to adjust for age. Anyone can put up Jensen's numbers at 19/20. It's a shame the NCAA hamstrings these guys, because I know Gresch could get some of that Just For Men endorsement money next season.

Back