• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

3/21 practice report

BWahlberg said:
Gratton I believe is out for spring ball as he's on the mend from some sort of surgery I believe. He wears a helmet and dresses out but then doesn't run routes or participate in any drills. Sam's a tough guy so I'm presuming he's not out with a minor injury but on the mend from something with doctors orders not to partake in drills for now.

As for the question on Lider... I'm not sure, Brody McKnight seems to think so on him based on some stuff I've been told - but I've really not seen a lot of kicking (kickoffs / fieldgoals).
Any Carver sightings?

Brock Landers said:
BWahlberg said:
Gratton I believe is out for spring ball as he's on the mend from some sort of surgery I believe. He wears a helmet and dresses out but then doesn't run routes or participate in any drills. Sam's a tough guy so I'm presuming he's not out with a minor injury but on the mend from something with doctors orders not to partake in drills for now.

As for the question on Lider... I'm not sure, Brody McKnight seems to think so on him based on some stuff I've been told - but I've really not seen a lot of kicking (kickoffs / fieldgoals).
Any Carver sightings?

BW said in the 3/19 practice report that Carver was the standout on that day.

WaGriz4life said:
Mitch Saylor is going to be a big time receiver, a go-to-guy we haven't had since Mariani

QFT.

And I've had the same thought. I also think he'll play with that fire that other players can't help but feed off. I saw it in his high school play. H'e a 'fist pump' kinda guy... for lack of a better term.

Right now the 1st string has Saylor and Haynes wide with Carver and Warren in the slot. I'm assuming once Gratton returns in the fall that he might get his slot WR role back and bump Warren back or will split out and maybe send Haynes back (although if Haynes keeps it up as spring progresses it'll be dumb to keep him off the field).

Carver's done well, they're using him in some interesting new sets on offense as well.

DuCharme said:
WaGriz4life said:
Mitch Saylor is going to be a big time receiver, a go-to-guy we haven't had since Mariani

QFT.

And I've had the same thought. I also think he'll play with that fire that other players can't help but feed off. I saw it in his high school play. H'e a 'fist pump' kinda guy... for lack of a better term.

I agree that Saylor is going to be a Great Griz...not only from his HS Highlights but more importantly from his show of aggression/confidence while on the game turf as a Freshman for the Griz. He's a gamer...that is a possible All-American candidate by the time he's done.

Anyone know if Jacob Coogan(S) is in school and participating in Spring drills? His highlight video is impressive!

snap said:
Anyone know if Jacob Coogan(S) is in school and participating in Spring drills? His highlight video is impressive!

He played safety right? He might be but right now the four main safeties playing are Hermey, Tully, Lebsock, and Rominger.

BWahlberg said:
snap said:

He played safety right? He might be but right now the four main safeties playing are Hermey, Tully, Lebsock, and Rominger.

Yep, he's listed as a safety on the recruit list. I was just wondering if, as a JC transfer, he was here and getting it on this spring. Also, I was pretty sold on Nelo Butler being our next big thing (sounds like he just never got all the way back from a knee injury?) but RB is looking like the least of our worries this year. I guess we expected that to be the case with the guys we have coming back, but if Elder(!), Walden and Kirsch can carry it through to the season...that doesn't even seem fair.

BWahlberg, you seem to catch alot of the practices, can you tell me/the board the days and times in case we can catch one or some?

IntuitiveGriz said:
BWahlberg, you seem to catch alot of the practices, can you tell me/the board the days and times in case we can catch one or some?

Because BWahlberg is a public figure, and of course has a lawyer, I will answer on his behalf. Generally, Mon, Wed and Fri, from 3:20 to about 5:30 (?). Generally, in stadium on Mon and Wed, according to Missoulian, and at River Bowl on Fri. Scrimmages this Saturday, and April 14 and 21. Saturday scrimmage time wasn't set as of a day or so ago.

Pater_Ursus_Arctos said:
Growler1 said:
funky-DancingPickle.gif

You must be kidding, of course. The king of hyperbole is about as objective as a Taliban member attending a women's rights meeting.

All this hate only because he made fun of you?

Who doesn't make fun of the pathetic ass picker? :shock:

but beware, he's been known to threaten others with the use of weapons!

dancing_pickle.gif

the pathetic ass picker? :shock:

PlayerRep said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Because BWahlberg is a public figure, and of course has a lawyer, I will answer on his behalf. Generally, Mon, Wed and Fri, from 3:20 to about 5:30 (?). Generally, in stadium on Mon and Wed, according to Missoulian, and at River Bowl on Fri. Scrimmages this Saturday, and April 14 and 21. Saturday scrimmage time wasn't set as of a day or so ago.

Stop the presses. Two lawyer jokes from PR in the same day. :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Stop the presses. Two lawyer jokes from PR in the same day. :lol:

They're actually public figure jokes.

WaGriz4life said:

That don't say much for Sambrano ???

Thanks Brint good analysis .

Brint,
Out of curiosity, how would you describe the tone of practice? The first year seemed pretty laid back and almost the anti-hauck approach. Last year you described a more intense, attention to detail type of atomosphere. Where would you put this year? How are the new coaches assimilating?

Latest posts

Back