• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

5 biggest position battles going into spring ball

mtgrizrule said:
CV Griz Fan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
PlayerRep said:
I know and talked to several people who were there and involved, and I also know which poster on this board is a huge liar. I also know the grade in school of the kid you kept saying was a high school kid, i.e. high school friend of the Griz player was then a junior year. I know who was and wasn't drinking. I know what those parents think of you.
See what I mean..................

Some Griz parents like Alpha... Parents of poor tacklers and fumblers not so much.....
Also, Mtgrizrule was a witness to the South Dakota incidenhttp://www.egriz.com/grizboard/faq.php?mode=bbcodet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; too.

I was hoping to put that ugly scene to rest, water under the bridge, as far as I am concerned. It does this board no good for me to add to fuel the fire between Alpha and PR. No matter what I say, do, or post it does this board no good. I saw what I saw, and it did shed a negative light on the GRIZ fans. If you all want to revive this, that is up to you. My side of it is long buried on the threads around that time. That is providing those threads have not been deleted. I remember one thread being lost in space. I can say that I enjoyed watching the game with Alpha and the guys with him. I've encountered him in person a few times, and he was a cool dude to me. I've never hung with PR per say. I've heard he is a pretty good guy as well. Yes, I've had a few disagreements with a few things at egriz regarding him, but such is life. Regardless, I do agree with a lot of the points he makes, and a lot of his information.

In my book, I have nothing against either, personally. A lot of this is from online experiences and personas prevailing over their true identities and personalities. They are both alright by me. They certainly make egriz interesting. :thumb:

As I ponder you post, I have realized that I probably shouldn't have referenced that incident. 420's post was a funny reminder about parents and sportsmanship but the wounds of that affair probably haven't completely healed yet. My Bad......

EverettGriz said:
Umista said:
And I was just getting ready to bet.....and this happens?

umm what was the bet....?

I dunno. But evidently you need an electronic handshake or some shit like that.
Actually, I believe an egriz bet is not finalized until both men pee into the same toilet at the same time and "swordfight" with their respective urine streams. Then, and only then, it is binding.

garizzalies said:
EverettGriz said:
Umista said:

Actually, I believe an egriz bet is not finalized until both men pee into the same toilet at the same time and "swordfight" with their respective urine streams. Then, and only then, it is binding.

PlaYarapE would spin and get out of that bet as well. He would reference the ol Yeller vs Clear decision of 1887. That one was a pisser.

Now I remember my bet:
I took E-Griz to be contentious, growly, get under one's skin, liars, bull headed, name callers, rock throwers, liberals, skeptics and many more to numerous to list.-------- Versus a poetic E-Griz sing along at Alpha's summer house with Gwen, Royce and Pat as guests.

$100 anyone?

Umista said:
Now I remember my bet:
I took E-Griz to be contentious, growly, get under one's skin, liars, bull headed, name callers, rock throwers, liberals, skeptics and many more to numerous to list.-------- Versus a poetic E-Griz sing along at Alpha's summer house with Gwen, Royce and Pat as guests.

$100 anyone?

Your forgot fanboy bed wetters.

EverettGriz said:
Umista said:

tech_img_02L.jpg

I'm afraid some eGrizzers would use these to give each other handies though

Not me but I would use it at restaurants to give the waitress a little slap on the moneymaker after she brings me a sandwich................

griz4life said:
PlayerRep said:
Stitt's offense is set up to run many more plays (like another half of a game). It has to be hurry-up to run that many plays. It would be ball control only if the play results were shorter than longer, and it took more plays to score. I would think this would be more taxing on o-lineman than hurry-up big play offenses. If Stitt's offense is ball control, it will help the defense, but it will be very demanding on the offense--as well as the opposing defense. I believe Stitt's offense needs 8 receivers, not 10.

We’re going to bring in (six) wide receivers. ... You really need about 10 guys going into a game with our offense and the up-temp. You cannot have receivers running 90 snaps a game.”--- Bob Stitt

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/football/stitt-griz-load-up-on-local-talent-receivers/article_c6499fd7-2c68-5619-8378-f5ef8235bc65.html#ixzz3SnX0D8QI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That is a Bob Stitt qoute (...10 guys...). However the problem is it is an abbreviated quote. Stitt actually elaborated, saying that he heeds 8 in the game rotation, and needs 2 in reserve in case of injury to the 8 man rotation.

BWahlberg said:
I'd posted a guess on 2-deep but based on these battles my opinion before spring ball would go:

QB: Simis / Chalich

RB: Nguyen / Counts

S: Johnson / Epperly

CB: (opposite of Harris) Nelson / McKinley

Interior OL:

G: Todd / Kelly
C: Weyer / Luke
D: Dietrich / Kelly or Alley
No love for Prater? The only reason why I bring him up is because of his military background. Those guys are trained to think on the fly. Just a thought...

Latest posts

Back