• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A message and update from Reese Phillips

PDXGrizzly said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Think the Missoulian will cover this? What an amazing young man! I'd say best of luck to you Reese but I already know you'll accomplish everything you set out to do in life.

If it's not a gruesome injury or someone getting a mug shot, you can count the Missoulian out. They don't care about positive or moving stories about Griz Football players. Only gore and drama for that poop rag.

For my money, it's not the JUST The Missoulian in the press that works that way these days......... :x :x

Grisly Fan said:
Did all the rest but didn't break the fibula. I live with a tear in the cartilage in the "saddle" of the joint. It will never heal and there is no realistic treatment. I still deal with the affects of my injury 30 years later - though it is easily livable. Not nearly what Reese has experienced -- nor will from this point forward. He is younger than when my injury happened and hopefully will heal better in the long run. I believe that top-notch rehab can make a huge difference. I hope he gets it. Godspeed Reese to good health!
He should. The UM Physical Therapy department is ranked generally in or near the top 10% in the country. (Disclosure: My sister-in-law was once chair of that department, but she has long since retired.)

stilwtrgrizz said:
PDXGrizzly said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Think the Missoulian will cover this? What an amazing young man! I'd say best of luck to you Reese but I already know you'll accomplish everything you set out to do in life.
If it's not a gruesome injury or someone getting a mug shot, you can count the Missoulian out. They don't care about positive or moving stories about Griz Football players. Only gore and drama for that poop rag.
For my money, it's not the JUST The Missoulian in the press that works that way these days......... :x :x
Theme: "Good news is no news." Been that way for a long time, but has gotten worse. Also, too many article writers should only be published on the editorial page (where you expect personal opinion and a distinct slant).

IdaGriz01 said:
stilwtrgrizz said:
PDXGrizzly said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Theme: "Good news is no news." Been that way for a long time, but has gotten worse. Also, too many article writers should only be published on the editorial page (where you expect personal opinion and a distinct slant).

Along that line, I noticed this statement in the Helena IR sports section this morning in an article about Bobcats kicker Luke Daly. I quote

"Daly missed all of last season while serving a suspension for an off-field incident".....

IMHO, if that had been a Grizz player, it would have been mentioned in a much more descriptive and negative fashion than just "an off field incident" !!!!! :evil: :evil:

BWahlberg said:
Wow, incredible guy and horrible injury. Hopefully he can make a full recovery.

DKGcoaxUIAArW3F

Just an exceptionally incredible class young man. Best of everything to you Reece and GrizNation is in your court forever.

Missoulian still has the photo posted in the photo gallery of their online edition. Pure clickbait and extremely poor taste and decision by the Missoulian. It would appear at this point that they will not taking it down despite the public outcry otherwise.

zengriz said:
...standing ovation for reese phillips...
...you move forward with you life...
...we will always have your back...
...once a griz always a griz...

... :clap: :clap: :clap: ...

This. Coach Stitt say thay are going to try and get him to the side lines this SAT. if it happens lets give him that standing O he deserves

RayWill said:
zengriz said:

This. Coach Stitt say thay are going to try and get him to the side lines this SAT. if it happens lets give him that standing O he deserves

He needs that recliner that Monte is always advertising. Get it over to him on the sidelines with a harness attachment to hold up his leg.

RayWill said:
zengriz said:

Great idea :clap:

RayWill said:
zengriz said:

Gotta think Reese will be in the box and not on the sideline this weekend. Dude deserves a huge standing O regardless.

firmgriz said:
RayWill said:
zengriz said:

Gotta think Reese will be in the box and not on the sideline this weekend. Dude deserves a huge standing O regardless.

I agree and said that previously, but are there only stairs to the press box? Assume no elevator.

firmgriz said:
RayWill said:
zengriz said:

Any way to get it announced on the PA?

Heard on Tootell & Tatonka that he was already back at practice, riding around in a golf cart with his injured leg propped up. Kid is a class act all the way.

Glad this thread is back on football (yes, I was a sinner too).

This is sad (now), but worth recording. What might have been … Reese Phillips hot start:
2.3 games | 57/80 (71%) passing | 661 yards | 4 TD

This injury reminds me of an injury back in the late 80s of a highly acclaimed QB. It brought on either Grady Bennett or Brad Lebo from backup spot if I recall correctly. Anyone recall details?

No knowledge of this situation BUT I have seen some that might be similar. Tibia dislocates thus pulling on connective tissue band that connects the tib/fib...fibula gets fractured by the pull. Usually a plate to fix fibula us needed. Eithet way going to be a long revovery and hopefully no long term problems. Great person, class act and a true Griz for life.

Back