• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A message and update from Reese Phillips

This young man has become my 2nd favorite Griz QB of all time. Do you have any doubt this team will play their guts out this weekend?

stilwtrgrizz said:
As I have said on this forum before, he is ONE HELL OF A YOUNG MAN. I know the older I get, and I have been doing that for quite a few years now, the more sentimental I get. This is honestly the 2nd time for me. The first time Saturday when I saw him go down because I hurt SO BAD for him. This time because I am SO PROUD of him and the way he is and has represented the Griz spirit, in spite of his circumstance. :cry:

I know POY are usually really excellent shots on the cats or such, but this is my favourite.

My heart went out to Reese when he got injured. I feel bad for him, being this is his team and his SR year. With that said, I've never witnessed a player at any level handle this kind of diversity with more class than Reese has. I will forever be fan of his, on and off the field. I do hope this will lead him into a long enjoyable career in coaching, and would love to see him as a GRIZ coach for a long time.

Speaking of coaches, if the majority of Stitt recruits are as much class as Reese, doesn't that show GRIZ NATION the quality of player and people Stitt is bringing into the program? With all the BS that has happened for the program recently, shouldn't the quality of players, on and off the field, be heavily considered in determining Stitt's future?

Either way, Reese, thank you for being such a class act, and leader!!!! :)

mtgrizrule said:
My heart went out to Reese when he got injured. I feel bad for him, being this is his team and his SR year. With that said, I've never witnessed a player at any level handle this kind of diversity with more class than Reese has. I will forever be fan of his, on and off the field. I do hope this will lead him into a long enjoyable career in coaching, and would love to see him as a GRIZ coach for a long time.

Speaking of coaches, if the majority of Stitt recruits are as much class as Reese, doesn't that show GRIZ NATION the quality of player and people Stitt is bringing into the program? With all the BS that has happened for the program recently, shouldn't the quality of players, on and off the field, be heavily considered in determining Stitt's future?

:clap: :thumb:

GO GRIZ!

stilwtrgrizz said:
IdaGriz01 said:
stilwtrgrizz said:
PDXGrizzly said:
If it's not a gruesome injury or someone getting a mug shot, you can count the Missoulian out. They don't care about positive or moving stories about Griz Football players. Only gore and drama for that poop rag.
For my money, it's not the JUST The Missoulian in the press that works that way these days......... :x :x
Theme: "Good news is no news." Been that way for a long time, but has gotten worse. Also, too many article writers should only be published on the editorial page (where you expect personal opinion and a distinct slant).

Along that line, I noticed this statement in the Helena IR sports section this morning in an article about Bobcats kicker Luke Daly. I quote

"Daly missed all of last season while serving a suspension for an off-field incident".....

IMHO, if that had been a Grizz player, it would have been mentioned in a much more descriptive and negative fashion than just "an off field incident" !!!!! :evil: :evil:

For certain. With that said it doesn't appear Daly is traveling with the team at all this weekend. Seems to be airing his grievances and displeasure with the coach on his open facebook account. #fuckunity

Nothing too dramatic but seems kind of childish to pout in public when you're still part of the team. Put on your big boy panties and get over it. How about winning your job back through hard work and perseverance? That would seem constructive to me.

signedbewildered said:
stilwtrgrizz said:
IdaGriz01 said:
stilwtrgrizz said:
For my money, it's not the JUST The Missoulian in the press that works that way these days......... :x :x
Theme: "Good news is no news." Been that way for a long time, but has gotten worse. Also, too many article writers should only be published on the editorial page (where you expect personal opinion and a distinct slant).

Along that line, I noticed this statement in the Helena IR sports section this morning in an article about Bobcats kicker Luke Daly. I quote

"Daly missed all of last season while serving a suspension for an off-field incident".....

IMHO, if that had been a Grizz player, it would have been mentioned in a much more descriptive and negative fashion than just "an off field incident" !!!!! :evil: :evil:

For certain. With that said it doesn't appear Daly is traveling with the team at all this weekend. Seems to be airing his grievances and displeasure with the coach on his open facebook account. #f***[*]

Nothing too dramatic but seems kind of childish to pout in public when you're still part of the team. Put on your big boy panties and get over it. How about winning your job back through hard work and perseverance? That would seem constructive to me.

Questioning coach's decision l like that is bush league. If I was Choke he would be done

mtgrizrule said:

People have very short memories, Rule.

signedbewildered said:
stilwtrgrizz said:
IdaGriz01 said:
stilwtrgrizz said:

For certain. With that said it doesn't appear Daly is traveling with the team at all this weekend. Seems to be airing his grievances and displeasure with the coach on his open facebook account. #f***[*]

If he's part of the same Daly family with which I'm familiar, I'll just say that that doesn't come as a shock...at all.

great read:

George Ferguson Column: Thank You Reese Phillips

http://www.havredailynews.com/story/2017/09/21/sports/george-ferguson-column-thank-you-reese-phillips/515562.html

Yukon said:
great read:

George Ferguson Column: Thank You Reese Phillips

http://www.havredailynews.com/story/2017/09/21/sports/george-ferguson-column-thank-you-reese-phillips/515562.html

Wonderfully great column......Thank you George Ferguson.......... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BWahlberg said:
Wow, incredible guy and horrible injury. Hopefully he can make a full recovery.

DKGcoaxUIAArW3F

What a class act!

I would think it would have swelling and bruising.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ReesePhillips11/status/914977988550127616[/tweet]

Yukon said:
I would think it would have swelling and bruising.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ReesePhillips11/status/914977988550127616[/tweet]

Wrap that SOB up and get on the pads and get back on that field...He is probably still more mobile this way than Gus was...HaHa!

As my sons' coach Klaboe used to tell them, "Son, just rub some dirt on it and get back in there!! We need you out there!"....... :lol:

Back