• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A Players Parent perspective

Glad that the good shines through the shit around here!

Glad to hear you are all joining the family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UMGriz75 said:
Interesting. One thing I did NOT say is that Stitt is not a "good recruiter." I am looking at results. And no, the record this past season is not good. Anyone who believes that does not affect "recruiting" is welcome to believe it.

I too enjoy seeing parents and players look approvingly at UM as a school and a place to play high quality sports, get great educations, and build quality young lives and characters and know how to win!

Some of us want to keep it that way.
Shut your trap. You've been owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PD, a very warm welcome to you, your son and your entire family. The University of Montana is a special university, which I'm sure your son will quickly discover on his own. We're damn proud of the place and our program, and we're excited and honored when families like yours join it.

Thanks for posting. And GO GRIZ!!!

I am consulting one of our trademark lawyers to see if this new name infringes for my trade name. I plan to provide his response to 75, to have him review and presumably lengthen it.

PlayerRep said:
I am consulting one of our trademark lawyers to see if this new name infringes for my trade name. I plan to provide his response to 75, to have him review and presumably lengthen it.

post of the decade.

brewskis said:
UMGriz75 said:
Interesting. One thing I did NOT say is that Stitt is not a "good recruiter." I am looking at results. And no, the record this past season is not good. Anyone who believes that does not affect "recruiting" is welcome to believe it.

I too enjoy seeing parents and players look approvingly at UM as a school and a place to play high quality sports, get great educations, and build quality young lives and characters and know how to win!

Some of us want to keep it that way.
Shut your trap. You've been owned.
I'm sorry you are so bitter. You misled so many people last year with such extreme hyperbole, I am surprised you still show your face. However, when people want to come to the University of Montana it is a great thing, especially if it is honestly represented to them.

The Athletic Department has had a rough ride; I was a staunch defender of it during its troubles. I am glad the recruit got a phone call and that a parent is very happy over that. It's a competitive world out there. As I have often noted, it's the seemingly small courtesies -- even just a phone call -- that can make a huge personal difference to a student, a player, or a parent. And to the perception of a program and the kind of people in it.

I am glad to see it is once again proven true.

griz parent, thanks for the breath of fresh air ....we, here at e-griz are a dysfunctional family but family just the same....we are all grizzly's for life....we want the best for your son, your family and the u of montana.....welcome to griz nation sir....

Hope your son has a great experience at U of M. Just don't take seriously the junior high level disputes and comments posted way too often on egriz. If you sort through all the chaff, there are occasionally some good "wheaty" posts on egriz that make a visit worthwhile. Griz football fans are passionate about our team and we want the best (winning seasons and a great college experience) for the boys that choose to dedicate so much time to Griz football.

PlayerRep said:
This is quality posting. Nicely done.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

PlayerRep said:

This is eGriz, I was under the impression that lengthening things was part of standard operating procedure here.

PlayerRep said:

Trade name should be no problem. No one reading PD's post and your body of work could possibly confuse you two.[emoji57]

PlayerDad said:
Hello E Griz,

My son will be a Red shirt freshman this year!!! He told me to give this web site a gander ) yes, lots of the boys read your forum)

I'll start with this. When my son was being recruited, he had several D1 FBC schools and several D1 FCS schools after him. Your team, the Griz was my (the parents) least favorite. I mean Montana???? Who goes there? Not to mention I researched all the crap that had tainted your football program the last couple years. You guys are coming back from some heavy shit...
Shame on ME!!! I only researched the bad!!!! Further research showed me what a storied football program and passionate fans you have up there!!! This Forum proves that!! Along with the passion for your team come the passion to get back to the TOP!!!

Let me back up. So my son gets a call from Coach Stitt. Son, do you have an HOUR to spend with me on the phone tomorrow? My son was a bit taken by this because NOT ONE coach that was recruiting him requested this. Coach Stitt called the next evening and proceeded to go through 60 detailed and pointed questions
(academic and football knowledge questions )with my son. All very detailed. ALL of Coach Stitts recruits go through this process. I was absolutely blown away at coach Stitts recruiting process!!!! The time and effort he put into my son. I repeat NOT ONE of the other coaches did this!!
So we set up a visit. My sons final of the 5 visits. My son picked Montana over New Mexico because he LIKED what coach Stitt offered) Upon arrival we were absolutely BLOWN AWAY at coach Stitt and his staffs professionalism. Their attention to detail was like no other visit we had!! And, to walk through that tunnel at field field level was a rush for us like NO OTHER!!!
That day is what sold my son on Montana and we feel truly blessed!!!

With that said. This program as storied as it is, will take time and patience to get back to the top. We live in this instant gratification time where we forget what patience means??????

I'm a football man. I'm a die hard Fan of the Oakland Raiders and CU Buffs. TRUST ME!!! it will happen!!!
Mike McIntyre was not able to do what he did with the proper time and patience. HE NEEDED THE BOYS HE RECRUITED TO BLOSSOM!!!! NOW LOOK!!!

My Raiders that's a different story. They just taught me patience. LOL

Bob Stitt is a solidified professional who has yet to make his mark. I know last year at the end was brutal!!! And I understand the lack of Patience some of you have, Your fans for Gods sake!!! You want your team back on top!!!

After sitting in this mans office and hearing his overall plan with my own ears. My son is part of this plan as are so many of his 2016 recruits and beyond!!! You have some BAD ASS kids coming in that you have no clue about...

Give this man a chance!!! Especially the Poster 75 lol.

YOUR IN GOOD HANDS GRIZ NATION!!!!

PATIENCE...

F the CATS!!

Love Missoula and love the GRIZ!

It is good to know that Stitt can impress and lure a kid who needed to be impressed to be won over. I never doubted he can BS and Washington-Griz,the campus and the fan-base have won-over many an indifferent recruit.
The problem seems to be Stitt's ability to game-manage and talent-evaluate. Stitt is convinced he can throw that lateral-screen to anyone alive, even to talent-less players like Nacarato or Lyons. He finally found a guy who can actually run that play (Louis-McGee) but he tried and tried and tried and tried that same play to Nacarato in 2015 and it NEVER worked. I don't like coaches that think "their system" is what works instead of being flexible and finding a way to use the talent you have to it's full potential. He is also a horrible clock-manager, insisting on running a hurry-up offense in the 4th quarter with a small lead, instead of milking the clock. It cost us a win vs Cal-Poly in 2015 specifically. There have been several other games with poor time-out usage and clock-management. Hopefully he recruits enough talent and we won't have to worry about close games. That is his only hope to succeed.

Zirg said:
It is good to know that Stitt can impress and lure a kid who needed to be impressed to be won over. I never doubted he can BS and Washington-Griz,the campus and the fan-base have won-over many an indifferent recruit.
The problem seems to be Stitt's ability to game-manage and talent-evaluate. Stitt is convinced he can throw that lateral-screen to anyone alive, even to talent-less players like Nacarato or Lyons. He finally found a guy who can actually run that play (Louis-McGee) but he tried and tried and tried and tried that same play to Nacarato in 2015 and it NEVER worked. I don't like coaches that think "their system" is what works instead of being flexible and finding a way to use the talent you have to it's full potential. He is also a horrible clock-manager, insisting on running a hurry-up offense in the 4th quarter with a small lead, instead of milking the clock. It cost us a win vs Cal-Poly in 2015 specifically. There have been several other games with poor time-out usage and clock-management. Hopefully he recruits enough talent and we won't have to worry about close games. That is his only hope to succeed.
I don't know how many times we need to go over this, but apparently we still do.

Stitt doesn't call a play like that. He calls a formation and a string of routes and a run option. The QB, in last year's case Gus, then reads the defense, calls motion, etc. to then find an optimal target, or make an audible.

Nearly every time the QB threw the out, it was the QB making that decision. When you throw it too much, as tended to be the case last year, it doesn't work, but that's the flexibility that Stitt gives his QB in this offense. There were still plenty of times this year where it worked just fine.

We're going to be okay, guys.

Recruiting wise, Stitt is again proving himself to be an absolute monster, which was the subject of this great thread.

Zirg said:
PlayerDad said:
Hello E Griz,

My son will be a Red shirt freshman this year!!! He told me to give this web site a gander ) yes, lots of the boys read your forum)

I'll start with this. When my son was being recruited, he had several D1 FBC schools and several D1 FCS schools after him. Your team, the Griz was my (the parents) least favorite. I mean Montana???? Who goes there? Not to mention I researched all the crap that had tainted your football program the last couple years. You guys are coming back from some heavy shit...
Shame on ME!!! I only researched the bad!!!! Further research showed me what a storied football program and passionate fans you have up there!!! This Forum proves that!! Along with the passion for your team come the passion to get back to the TOP!!!

Let me back up. So my son gets a call from Coach Stitt. Son, do you have an HOUR to spend with me on the phone tomorrow? My son was a bit taken by this because NOT ONE coach that was recruiting him requested this. Coach Stitt called the next evening and proceeded to go through 60 detailed and pointed questions
(academic and football knowledge questions )with my son. All very detailed. ALL of Coach Stitts recruits go through this process. I was absolutely blown away at coach Stitts recruiting process!!!! The time and effort he put into my son. I repeat NOT ONE of the other coaches did this!!
So we set up a visit. My sons final of the 5 visits. My son picked Montana over New Mexico because he LIKED what coach Stitt offered) Upon arrival we were absolutely BLOWN AWAY at coach Stitt and his staffs professionalism. Their attention to detail was like no other visit we had!! And, to walk through that tunnel at field field level was a rush for us like NO OTHER!!!

With that said. This program as storied as it is, will take time and patience to get back to the top. We live in this instant gratification time where we forget what patience means??????

I'm a football man. I'm a die hard Fan of the Oakland Raiders and CU Buffs. TRUST ME!!! it will happen!!!
Mike McIntyre was not able to do what he did with the proper time and patience. HE NEEDED THE BOYS HE RECRUITED TO BLOSSOM!!!! NOW LOOK!!!

Bob Stitt is a solidified professional who has yet to make his mark. I know last year at the end was brutal!!! And I understand the lack of Patience some of you have, Your fans for Gods sake!!! You want your team back on top!!!

After sitting in this mans office and hearing his overall plan with my own ears. My son is part of this plan as are so many of his 2016 recruits and beyond!!! You have some BAD ASS kids coming in that you have no clue about...

PATIENCE...

F the CATS!!

Talent-less? I'm assuming you were over-served tonight by calling two Division I college football players out like that. Bad form, mister.

Zirg said:
PlayerDad said:
Hello E Griz,

PATIENCE...

F the CATS!!

If it's all on Stitt, then was NDSU and UNI not considered close games, where strategy won out?...I completely understand the frustration, because I feel it too, but it goes both ways you know. Not to mention last season has passed.

PlayerDad said:
Hello E Griz,

PATIENCE...

F the CATS!!

Welcome to GRIZNATION, hope we can meet you and your family at a GRIZ game over the next 4 to 5 years. I love it when former players, or parents of players post here.

BTW, I nominate Playerdad for post of the year. I feel he will keep EGRIZ well balanced and in line the next 4 to 5 years. Please encourage other parents to post and add their input. It was great to read to how our staff recruits. That is some insight no other poster has ever provided here. Thank you again.

Back