• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

a thread with adult conversation

EverettGriz said:
argh! said:
anybody been to the silver dollar lately?

St. Ignatius, Fairfield, or Ennis?

One of the greatest tasting beers in my life was at the SD in Ennis. I had spent the entire day at the 4th of July parade with the bitchy ex-Mrs. Ursa. I don't even remember what I was drinking. All I remember thinking was, Ahhh! Sweet liquor, make it all go away. She was happy that morning catching a grayling. It didn't take and she was a complete ass the rest of the day and night.

As a result, that was not the only beer I drank that day.

for some reason the thought of the silver dollar brings up memories of beers in de borgia... i wonder if that bar still exists? it has only been 30 years.

argh! said:
for some reason the thought of the silver dollar brings up memories of beers in de borgia... i wonder if that bar still exists? it has only been 30 years.

HELL yeah, it still exists. I use their shitter on a fairly regular basis on my drives to Missoula.

They've got like a gas station, a restaurant, even a little hotel now.

And it's still a dump.

jA1lDLRle7Z5ia-640m.jpg

i was thinking of a place that was actually in de borgia, not the "world famous" 50000 silver dollar bar. can't remember the name.

anyone ever go to sam white' s mountain bar on the way up macdonald pass? now that was a bar!

argh! said:
i was thinking of a place that was actually in de borgia, not the "world famous" 50000 silver dollar bar. can't remember the name.

anyone ever go to sam white' s mountain bar on the way up macdonald pass? now that was a bar!

Oh. Yeah, wasn't that place the "Oasis"?

I think the original 50k Silver Dollar bar was actually in De Borgia too.

I've been in the Silver Dollar on Railroad Street a few times in the last few years. Still has the coldest beer in town. And Irish whisky. And bikers.

Butte's Silver Dollar Bar might have the best live music in town. [Of course, that is only true when there's no karaoke at the Party Palace.]

EverettGriz said:
My ridiculously hot hair stylist rubs her self against me during my visits

I'm not sure I have any respect for a man that goes to a hair stylist but I guess you get a free pass for the reasoning! :thumb:

i guess there is a place called the 'o aces' in de borgia now. when i think of the oasis, i think of the one in manhattan. is that still around?

argh! said:
i guess there is a place called the 'o aces' in de borgia now. when i think of the oasis, i think of the one in manhattan. is that still around?

Yep Scottys is still there. May have the best prime on the planet. If not its pretty close to the top.

Scotty got his start in Whitehall, working for my aunt and uncle when they owned the Palm Bar in the late 70's early 80's. Leased the little restaurant space from them for his Resvedts Steak House. It was a big hit then he bought the place in Manhattan and formed Sir Scotts Oasis and the rest is history. The steaks and Prime Rib are still amazing to this day. Just had a ribeye there about 6 months ago. Incredible.

so i'm thinking about taking myself on a week long fishing trip in montana. georgetown lake is always fun, but i don't know the other waters in that area. any suggestions? i'll fly fish, but may decide to cheat an use a worm or hardware, if need be.

argh! said:
so i'm thinking about taking myself on a week long fishing trip in montana. georgetown lake is always fun, but i don't know the other waters in that area. any suggestions? i'll fly fish, but may decide to cheat an use a worm or hardware, if need be.

Just a hop, skip and a jump from Georgetown to the Big Hole, Beaverhead and Wise Rivers.

Back