• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

a thread with adult conversation

AllWeatherFan said:
argh! said:
so i'm thinking about taking myself on a week long fishing trip in montana. georgetown lake is always fun, but i don't know the other waters in that area. any suggestions? i'll fly fish, but may decide to cheat an use a worm or hardware, if need be.

Just a hop, skip and a jump from Georgetown to the Big Hole, Beaverhead and Wise Rivers.

how difficult is finding an access point that isn't over-fished? i'm happy to trod a mile or so up- or down- stream, but so is everybody else....

argh! said:
AllWeatherFan said:
argh! said:
so i'm thinking about taking myself on a week long fishing trip in montana. georgetown lake is always fun, but i don't know the other waters in that area. any suggestions? i'll fly fish, but may decide to cheat an use a worm or hardware, if need be.

Just a hop, skip and a jump from Georgetown to the Big Hole, Beaverhead and Wise Rivers.

how difficult is finding an access point that isn't over-fished? i'm happy to trod a mile or so up- or down- stream, but so is everybody else....

The Jeff, from Twin to Whitehall. Not overrun with rich out of state flyboys and professional guides like its more famous brothers. Lots of big browns, 5 lbs +. Panther Martins and Rapalas will get you all the action you will need. Lots of river access in the Hells Canyon area.

All good choices; it's hard to go wrong in SWMT.

However, IMHO, the best river in close proximity to G-town is probably upper rock creek, or one of the 3 forks into it (ross's fork, middle fork and....what's the third one? east fork or maybe that's just rock creek?). There's only about a week or so left to float that stretch--which should be on everyone's bucket list.

Sometimes east-fork resevoir can be better than G-town, especially the far end.

And don't forget the warm springs ponds. I'm convinced the biggest fish in SWMT are in those ponds. Of course, they have feet and three-eyes but that just makes them fight harder

thanks, those are good ideas. anybody try the little blackfoot down by garrison in the past few years? it always "looks" like it would be home to a lot of fish.

argh! said:
thanks, those are good ideas. anybody try the little blackfoot down by garrison in the past few years? it always "looks" like it would be home to a lot of fish.

I've fished that stretch between Avon and Garrison quite a bit. Great fishing with good access points.

If you feel like driving a little farther, maybe give bobcat lake a try. It's right next to reno sales stadium and the browns are always biting.

Oh, and I agree with garizzalies about the upper stretch of Rock Cr. Another option with good fishing is Flint Cr along hwy 1.

snap said:
Oh, and I agree with garizzalies about the upper stretch of Rock Cr. Another option with good fishing is Flint Cr along hwy 1.

Yep Flint creek below PBurg is a great creek to fish. Nothing big but you can expect steady action and all you need is a hook, worm and a splitshot up the line about 2 feet.

snap said:
argh! said:

I've fished that stretch between Avon and Garrison quite a bit. Great fishing with good access points.
That's one piece of river I have never fished, but like argh said it looks really fishy and I have always wondered about it. How bout Nevada Cr reservoir? I heard it can fish pretty well too.

Hammer said:
How bout Nevada Cr reservoir? I heard it can fish pretty well too
I've caught perch there ice fishing--sucks 'til you catch the first one--then you use their eyeballs and it's on like donkey kong

snap has died:

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/06/20/streaming-eagles/?_php=true&_type=blogs&hp&rref=opinion&_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

argh! said:
snap has died:

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/06/20/streaming-eagles/?_php=true&_type=blogs&hp&rref=opinion&_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“R.I.P. little one,” read one Facebook tribute to Snap. “You are no longer suffering, so soar high with all the eagles at the Rainbow Bridge.”

:lol:

garizzalies said:
Hammer said:
I've caught perch there ice fishing--sucks 'til you catch the first one--then you use their eyeballs and it's on like donkey kong

Perch, if you can catch decent sized ones, are fantastic. I actually prefer it to walleye.

Hammer said:
garizzalies said:
Hammer said:

Perch, if you can catch decent sized ones, are fantastic. I actually prefer it to walleye.

i used to feed my cat perch when i was a kid. he really liked it.

argh! said:
Hammer said:
garizzalies said:
Hammer said:

i used to feed my cat perch when i was a kid. he really liked it.

I always kinda figured you were one of those guys that had a cat. :lol: :lol:

This guy maybe?

Flat+Top+Haircut+styles+for+Black+Men.jpg

36d259a16bb811554b637ed9eb99a967.jpg
[/quote]

Hammer said:
garizzalies said:
Hammer said:
They are rather small but you can catch a shitload of them; I don't think there is a limit? My friend smoked 'em and they were pretty darn delish

Back