• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

All but one conference profitable after CFP playoff

NorthwestFresh said:
mtgrizrule said:
Please NWF, if possible, please respectfully agree to disagree. These threads are getting tiresome with rehashing same things over and over. Thank you

I'm offering substantive, legitimate concerns, and other than you, I'm not receiving anything other than insults in return. If I reply back with an insult, isn't that fair game? There are no "Ms" on all of the buildings in either Bozeman or Missoula, and you know this to be true.

I'm embarrassed for you cohorts here. They don't have to respond to me, do they? You can blame me, I suppose, but I find the MWC thoughts to be so unrealistic that I can't believe these posters are being serious.

Rather it be you, or other posters........someone be the better person. Why respond to the crap posts? (referring to both sides). That alone would cut out much of the BS and help keep threads on track.

mtgrizrule said:
Rather it be you, or other posters........someone be the better person. Why respond to the crap posts? (referring to both sides). That alone would cut out much of the BS and help keep threads on track.

That's fair enough. I've made my points about UM needing a lot more financial support to join the MWC, and even that wouldn't be enough as the MWC is currently structured.

I'll move on.

NorthwestFresh said:
mtgrizrule said:

That's fair enough. I've made my points about UM needing a lot more financial support to join the MWC, and even that wouldn't be enough as the MWC is currently structure.

I'll move on.

We will all see how this all plays out for the GRIZ and FCS. You did make some legit points, unfortunately the chemistry of the threads was not very good. :thumb:

NorthwestFresh said:
get'em_griz said:
When all is said and done in the next few years, Montana's facilities are going to be light years ahead of the rest of the Big Sky. :cool:

That's awesome! They will still be near the bottom of the MWC, which is the point.

You know, given the ass pounding the Griz have handed the 'scats regularly over the past 35+ years, you'd think you would be doing everything POSSIBLE to convince Griz fans TO support a move to the MWC, if for no other reason that to be able to avoid that inevitable mid-November beatdown.

And you seriously need to take reading comprehension classes of some sort. Your twisting of words on this site is become that of legend.

NorthwestFresh said:
mtgrizrule said:
Please NWF, if possible, please respectfully agree to disagree. These threads are getting tiresome with rehashing same things over and over. Thank you

I'm offering substantive, legitimate concerns, and other than you, I'm not receiving anything other than insults in return. If I reply back with an insult, isn't that fair game? There are no "Ms" on all of the buildings in either Bozeman or Missoula, and you know this to be true.

I'm embarrassed for you cohorts here. They don't have to respond to me, do they? You can blame me, I suppose, but I find the MWC thoughts to be so unrealistic that I can't believe these posters are being serious.

If you're so fucking embarrassed, don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. :roll: :roll:

NorthwestFresh said:
Spanky said:
........tell us where state college will be with the big M on the side of the buildings attempting to mislead recruits that you are actually the University of Montana? :lol:

I assume MSU will do what they always tell recruits. Come and get a degree in business, science, or engineering (fields that actually matter, hence MSU's enrollment booming while UM's is declining), have a great 4-5 years in a place you'll never forget, and play for a football team that makes the FCS playoffs more often than not, and typically gets at least one home game for the playoffs.

What's UM going to tell players they are recruiting to Missoula if they're in the MWC?

"We have plans! Plans, I tell you!! Nevermind Wyoming's fancy-smancy $45m dollar athletic center!"

"Indoor practice facility? What are you talking about? Missoula isn't a cold-weather city! We don't need some waste of space. It doesn't get cold here!"

AustinSmith_MakeItMissoula02.jpg

Also, there is no "Big M" on the sides of building on either the MSU or UM campuses. I wouldn't expect you to know this, though. :thumb:

:lol: :lol:

Yeah. The one cold snap in the last 15 years. :roll: But you're right, it's like that 8 months a year. :roll:

NorthwestFresh said:
get'em_griz said:
When all is said and done in the next few years, Montana's facilities are going to be light years ahead of the rest of the Big Sky. :cool:

That's awesome! They will still be near the bottom of the MWC, which is the point.

So, new locker rooms, new weight rooms, new training rooms, new meeting rooms, new coaches offices, new academic center, new indoor practice facility, and yet somehow they're going to be near the bottom compared to facilities in the MWC? How so? Are they going to build them with 'Scat engineers? Use substandard materials? Build over a fault line? In a flood zone? Seriously, man, your logic makes ZERO sense. Are they going to be world class? No...but they certainly won't be shit when compared to many of the existing facilities in the MWC. That's just pure Griz hatred talking there...photos have been posted that blow your weak argument out of the water, but don't let that stop you. :lol:

AZGrizfan, I was at the freezing semifinal games against Stephan F. Austin, and then Troy State during the Dave Dickenson days, sitting in the stands. 70-7 was one game, and 70-14 was the other. Heck, even Dolan caught a TD pass in one of those games!

Both games were ridiculously cold. I can tell that you were at neither of the them, nor the snow game in the later '90s when the Griz hit a late FG win in the snow 30-28!

I was there for all of them. Where were you?

Montana was penalized by the NCAA on July 26, 2013 and forced to vacate its last five wins of the 2011 season. One win was against Montana State. It was also forced to vacate its conference title and appearance in the 2011 FCS playoffs.

AZGrizFan said:
NorthwestFresh said:
get'em_griz said:

So, new locker rooms, new weight rooms, new training rooms, new meeting rooms, new coaches offices, new academic center, new indoor practice facility, and yet somehow they're going to be near the bottom compared to facilities in the MWC? How so? Are they going to build them with 'Scat engineers? Use substandard materials? Build over a fault line? In a flood zone? Seriously, man, your logic makes ZERO sense. Are they going to be world class? No...but they certainly won't be shit when compared to many of the existing facilities in the MWC. That's just pure Griz hatred talking there...photos have been posted that blow your weak argument out of the water, but don't let that stop you. :lol:

Photos of actual facilities versus planned photos of "planned" upgrades at UM.

Why are you dismissing Wyoming spending $44m to upgrade their athletic complex? UM's is struggling to reach the $14m point without having to finance it via "future revenue."

So AZGrizfan, how much money of your own are you donating to fund all of the planned projects that you're bragging about, and how they will surpass anything in the delusional attempt to get into the MWC?

NorthwestFresh said:
So AZGrizfan, how much money of your own are you donating to fund all of the planned projects that you're bragging about, and how they will surpass anything in the delusional attempt to get into the MWC?
Why does that even matter, the point is the facilities are getting built. I am proud of USU's new facilities. I didn't pay a dime for them, but they benefit my school and its programs.

How much do you donate to MSU? You brought up donations.

NorthwestFresh said:

Why are you so obsessed with how much money people are donating? Honestly, its none of your fucking business how much I donate.

NorthwestFresh said:
AZGrizfan, I was at the freezing semifinal games against Stephan F. Austin, and then Troy State during the Dave Dickenson days, sitting in the stands. 70-7 was one game, and 70-14 was the other. Heck, even Dolan caught a TD pass in one of those games!

Both games were ridiculously cold. I can tell that you were at neither of the them, nor the snow game in the later '90s when the Griz hit a late FG win in the snow 30-28!

Montana was penalized by the NCAA on July 26, 2013 and forced to vacate its last five wins of the 2011 season. One win was against Montana State. It was also forced to vacate its conference title and appearance in the 2011 FCS playoffs.

Wrong. Wrong. And WRONG again. I was at the SFA game. I was also at the SFA game a couple years ago when it was (allegedly) cold. Maybe you need to get the sand out of your vagina...or drink more. :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
NorthwestFresh said:

Wrong. Wrong. And WRONG again. I was at the SFA game. I was also at the SFA game a couple years ago when it was (allegedly) cold. Maybe you need to get the sand out of your vagina...or drink more. :thumb:
So now egriz posters didn't graduate from UM, don't donate money to the school, and don't go to Griz games. Got it :thumb:

.......and don't care about the University outside of the football program. Did I miss anything?

WaGriz4life said:
AZGrizFan said:
NorthwestFresh said:

So now egriz posters didn't graduate from UM, don't donate money to the school, and don't go to Griz games. Got it :thumb:

.......and don't care about the University outside of the football program. Did I miss anything?

And we're also delusional. :lol:

I've been around a very long time and I have seen some very weird sorts come and go. This one seems to be so envious of the success story of our athletic department (especially football) that his emotions are running out of control. He seems to be under the impression that his negative comments about the possibility of UM changing conferences will dissuade our decision makers from considering such a move.
It is reality that his school of choice doesn't fit the bill in their athletic department, thus, he receives some strange enjoyment by demeaning UM.
Finally, it is sad indeed, that he considers himself a member of the bobcat aristocracy having graduated from college of which I question and those that didn't are of a lower class.
Years ago, I would have enjoyed observing him make such comments to a young Dennis Washington.

Spanky said:
I've been around a very long time and I have seen some very weird sorts come and go. This one seems to be so envious of the success story of our athletic department (especially football) that his emotions are running out of control. He seems to be under the impression that his negative comments about the possibility of UM changing conferences will dissuade our decision makers from considering such a move.
It is reality that his school of choice doesn't fit the bill in their athletic department, thus, he receives some strange enjoyment by demeaning UM.
Finally, it is sad indeed, that he considers himself a member of the bobcat aristocracy having graduated from college of which I question and those that didn't are of a lower class.
Years ago, I would have enjoyed observing him make such comments to a young Dennis Washington.

Aww, his feelers got hurt. It's OK. I'm sure you're the next Denny Washington. Just keep telling yourself that, and it can come true.

NorthwestFresh said:
EverettGriz said:
You're so full of shit. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Wait. you're a cat fan. Sorry for the duplicity.

Wanna bet? I do find it sad that a university that is seeing a decline in enrollment is trying to raise $14m for a new weight room, but then again, that's always been the priority in Missoula, hasn't it?

Actually yes--I'll take that bet. I'll bet that the Champion's Center has broken ground prior to 3 years from today.

Back