• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

#AskCDA

LongTimeCatFan said:
CDA,

Why do Griz fans fear losing relevancy? It seems their biggest fear is having MSU pass them by

CDA.

All this Bobcat this and that. Why is this still a thing? Not that I've wasted any time thinking about it, but I got nothin...

It's been a while now, still not thinking about it, still got nothin.

Nope, nothin...

Even the next day, nothin... Just can't be a thing.

CDA,

Like myself, am sure you're saddened @ the news of the passing of the great Chuck Bednarik. Concrete Charlie was one of the last of the great two-way players in college and as a professional prior to the advent of the No Fun League. I've long thought his hit on Frank Gifford served as an example/motivation for Keith Thompson as he played the App. State game.

My question is a two parter, (1) do you think we'll ever see another iron man like Chuck who could go "both ways" and (2) has anyone ever served you up a more perfect room service fastball?

I suppose I should hang up now and wait for AG1 to answer. There has to be some correlation to LV here. One can only imagine...

Many great questions here, gentlemen. Please allow me until tonight to answer. All will become clear, I promise.

Above average regards,
CDA

bgbigdog said:
CDA,

Like myself, am sure you're saddened @ the news of the passing of the great Chuck Bednarik. Concrete Charlie was one of the last of the great two-way players in college and as a professional prior to the advent of the No Fun League. I've long thought his hit on Frank Gifford served as an example/motivation for Keith Thompson as he played the App. State game.

My question is a two parter, (1) do you think we'll ever see another iron man like Chuck who could go "both ways" and (2) has anyone ever served you up a more perfect room service fastball?

I suppose I should hang up now and wait for AG1 to answer. There has to be some correlation to LV here. One can only imagine...

Keith Thompson's hit was great but Frank Gifford sat out the entire following season recovering from Bednarik's tackle. There's really no comparison.....that was a "top five" hit in NFL history.

CV Griz Fan said:
bgbigdog said:
CDA,

Keith Thompson's hit was great but Frank Gifford sat out the entire following season recovering from Bednarik's tackle. There's really no comparison.....that was a "top five" hit in NFL history.

With all due respect, top five clothesline all-time.

bgbigdog said:
CV Griz Fan said:
bgbigdog said:
CDA,

True. But in those days, everything was legal so it was all part of tackling. There were some players in that game that thought Bernarik had killed Gifford.....

CV Griz Fan said:
bgbigdog said:
CV Griz Fan said:
bgbigdog said:
CDA,

True. But in those days, everything was legal so it was all part of tackling. There were some players in that game that thought Bernarik had killed Gifford.....

Most believe he suffered brain damage on that play evidenced by his marriage to Kathy Lee...

Ursa Major said:
CV Griz Fan said:
bgbigdog said:
CV Griz Fan said:

Most believe he suffered brain damage on that play evidenced by his marriage to Kathy Lee...

Great point. But still it was pretty funny watching Kathy Lee trying to keep it together on TV after Frank got caught on tape making his move on that large chested flight attendant......

CV Griz Fan said:
Ursa Major said:
CV Griz Fan said:
bgbigdog said:

Great point. But still it was pretty funny watching Kathy Lee trying to keep it together on TV after Frank got caught on tape making his move on that large chested flight attendant......

I'll paraphrase this badly, but let him without sin cast the first stone. We've all had our issues with post concussion syndrome, Kathy Lee & large-chested flight attendants. Now haven't we?

bgbigdog said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Ursa Major said:
CV Griz Fan said:

I'll paraphrase this badly, but let him without sin cast the first stone. We've all had our issues with post concussion syndrome, Kathy Lee & large-chested flight attendants. Now haven't we?
Worse yet is post coital concussion syndrome (PCCS)...it's a national shame that we don't have a telethon for this. #fuckJerryskids

Ursa Major said:
bgbigdog said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Ursa Major said:

Worse yet is post coital concussion syndrome (PCCS)...it's a national shame that we don't have a telethon for this. #f***[*]

This may be a stupid question, but how does one acquire a coital concussion?

LongTimeCatFan said:
Ursa Major said:
bgbigdog said:
CV Griz Fan said:

Worse yet is post coital concussion syndrome (PCCS)...it's a national shame that we don't have a telethon for this. #f***[*]

If you don't know, my friend, you're not doing it right...

Ursa Major said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
Ursa Major said:
bgbigdog said:

What's next? All husbands need to have their brains analyzed after death to determine if "rough sex" caused their Dementia?

Ursa Major said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
Ursa Major said:
bgbigdog said:

Yeah, uh, I'm married

:shrug:

LongTimeCatFan said:
Ursa Major said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
Ursa Major said:

Yeah, uh, I'm married

:shrug:

Probably out of practice then.

Not to keep you too busy here, CDA, but since I've only ask you one other question on this thread, I feel I'm justified in askin' this one:

I'm getting ready to drive to Florida from Missoula...what route do you suggest I take?

Any/all suggestions will be appreciated!

AllWeatherFan said:
Okay, CDA:

Why have people stopped posting questions? Do they feel you have lost your mojo? Are they tired? Drunk? Is that too many questions? Can you spot the grammatical error?

Have a nice day.

AWF

First, AWF, this is a great question that people often ask me. They haven't stopped. Therein lies the rub. I stopped answering for a bit due to an ill-advised trip to the least coast to conduct some PR. I apologize to you and all of eGriz for my absence. Second, if anyone ever thinks that I have "lost my mojo," he or she should be immediately committed on psychiatric hold. Third, they may be tired, but that is no excuse. Fourth, they are likely drunk, and that is an excuse. Fifth, there are never too many questions. Finally, I think the error is in #5: "Are those too many questions?" may have been more appropriate.

I hope these answers find you well.

LongTimeCatFan said:
CDA,

Why do Griz fans fear losing relevancy? It seems their biggest fear is having MSU pass them by

LTCF, this is a great question asked of me often, by people. We cannot fear what won't ever come to pass. Write that down. Thus, to the extent that Griz fans appear to display a fear of MSU "passing UM by," they are being irrational. You and I both know that MSU plays second fiddle in the Montana band. I think you might have been able to simply use "relevance" in the question. By the by, I hope you have been killing fish on that rig you built.

Back