• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

#AskCDA

bgbigdog said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
CDA,

Why do Griz fans fear losing relevancy? It seems their biggest fear is having MSU pass them by

CDA.

All this Bobcat this and that. Why is this still a thing? Not that I've wasted any time thinking about it, but I got nothin...

It's been a while now, still not thinking about it, still got nothin.

Nope, nothin...

Even the next day, nothin... Just can't be a thing.

BG, this is an incredible question people often ask me. It's weird, I know. The Bobcat stuff is odd. I can only surmise that they are still a thing because we let them be so. They honestly have no place in the same conversation with UM other than an archaic rivalry that UM has not coincidentally dominated. That said, it is still a lot of fun to remind MSU fans of the institution's inferior status. It's low-hanging fruit, so to speak. Kind of like when the eldest brother reminds his lil' bro that he can steal lil' bro's girlfriend whenever he wants, but chooses not to because the legal girls know what goes where.

bgbigdog said:
CDA,

Like myself, am sure you're saddened @ the news of the passing of the great Chuck Bednarik. Concrete Charlie was one of the last of the great two-way players in college and as a professional prior to the advent of the No Fun League. I've long thought his hit on Frank Gifford served as an example/motivation for Keith Thompson as he played the App. State game.

My question is a two parter, (1) do you think we'll ever see another iron man like Chuck who could go "both ways" and (2) has anyone ever served you up a more perfect room service fastball?

I suppose I should hang up now and wait for AG1 to answer. There has to be some correlation to LV here. One can only imagine...

BG, this is a series of tremendous questions that people ask me often. I am indeed saddened by the loss of the one true iron man, Chuck Bednarik. He was a national treasure and a great American. To address your great questions in turn:

1) I do not think we will ever see another guy who can go both ways like CB. Even with all the social advances we've had in this great nation, the two-way football players have been underrepresented and under appreciated.

2) While I appreciate hanging curves over fastballs, and the fact that most of the players who go both ways hail from parts unknown and end up attending MSU, I think you would be interested in knowing that one of the best consiglieres in the original consortium of the FSPB was none other than Tommy "Two Ways" McMurphy. He was a tough Butte kid. He always said the condition of his "situation" downstairs was due to the fact that Butte winters rivaled those of Antarctica, and the takers always believed him. He would always show it on full display down on Front, and therefore, quite literally, single handedly made UM athletics what it is today. I am fairly certain that Grizbeer's relative, Wilma "Gams" Fitzpatrick could attest to what I'm saying based on her days before she received her surname by "fitting Patrick."

Grizo406 said:
Not to keep you too busy here, CDA, but since I've only ask you one other question on this thread, I feel I'm justified in askin' this one:

I'm getting ready to drive to Florida from Missoula...what route do you suggest I take?

Any/all suggestions will be appreciated!

Grizo, my old friend, this is a great question that people often ask me. I am never too busy to field a question from a great American such as yourself. Not that I would ever want to go to Florida, due to it being flat, hot, and stupid, I would suggest taking Broadway out of Missoula all the way to the WEST. Once you hit MSO, park the truck and go to the ticket counter. Purchase a ticket to your destination (deal with your connection(s)), and wait in the terminal for your boarding call. Once onboard, order three scotches at first call so you don't have to rely on them coming back. Upon arrival in Florida, take an Uber to your lodging. Be sure to try to hike Britton Hill, the highest peak in all of Florida. At 345 feet above sea level, I hope you don't get nosebleeds easily. It will be quite the adventure. Enjoy, buddy!

CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
CDA,

Why do Griz fans fear losing relevancy? It seems their biggest fear is having MSU pass them by

LTCF, this is a great question asked of me often, by people. We cannot fear what won't ever come to pass. Write that down. Thus, to the extent that Griz fans appear to display a fear of MSU "passing UM by," they are being irrational. You and I both know that MSU plays second fiddle in the Montana band. I think you might have been able to simply use "relevance" in the question. By the by, I hope you have been killing fish on that rig you built.

I have not been fishing yet this year as I have had a number of honey do projects to complete, but am anxious to just get on the water

Grizo406 said:
Not to keep you too busy here, CDA, but since I've only ask you one other question on this thread, I feel I'm justified in askin' this one:

I'm getting ready to drive to Florida from Missoula...what route do you suggest I take?

Any/all suggestions will be appreciated!

The one that gets you out of town the fastest......................

:coffee:

CDA,

I have two questions.

1. Which is better, Starbucks coffee or Army mess hall coffee?
2. Why isn't the new blackberry classic more popular? It has a freakin' "hub" where all your notes, tweets, messages, emails etc. are displayed in the same place. I love it. You?

Respectfully,
Solidergriz

CDA,

As luck would have it, our pal Robert Frost was born on this day in 1874. I am interested in your take on his writing referencing eGriz in particular. These three, among many, stand out to me.

I'm not confused. I'm just well mixed.

I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.

Wow. To me, his perception of the depth/breadth of thought expressed in the pages of this FFFA internet message board is amazing. And it's equally amazing how many of the posters have taken poetic license and inspiration from his writings. Please join me in a tall boy or two today to celebrate!

AllWeatherFan said:
You would agree, wouldn't you, sir, that this question sounds a lot like cross-examination?

Ah... Not so much. Secondly, my father was the only sir in our family. Call me Shirley.

SoldierGriz said:
CDA,

I have two questions.

1. Which is better, Starbucks coffee or Army mess hall coffee?
2. Why isn't the new blackberry classic more popular? It has a freakin' "hub" where all your notes, tweets, messages, emails etc. are displayed in the same place. I love it. You?

Respectfully,
Solidergriz

SoldierGriz, first off, thank you for your service to our country. Second, these are two great questions often asked of me, by people.

1. Army mess hall coffee. Starbucks is fine, but they often fuck up your name. For instance, if you say the coffee is for "Raymond," they will almost always summon "Graymen." The foreign substances in the coffee between Starbucks and the mess hall are roughly equal, but at least in the mess hall any nickname they call you will be known and well-earned.

2. I'm not sure what a Blackberry is because it's not 2007 and I have shit to do.

I hope these answers find you well.

bgbigdog said:
CDA,

As luck would have it, our pal Robert Frost was born on this day in 1874. I am interested in your take on his writing referencing eGriz in particular. These three, among many, stand out to me.

I'm not confused. I'm just well mixed.

I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.

Wow. To me, his perception of the depth/breadth of thought expressed in the pages of this FFFA internet message board is amazing. And it's equally amazing how many of the posters have taken poetic license and inspiration from his writings. Please join me in a tall boy or two today to celebrate!

BG, this is not a question. Accordingly, people have not asked me this often. Nevertheless, it is great. I just got back from the RF Appreciation Gala at the Portofino in Redondo Beach. Rest assured that your post was discussed at length at the Gala. Rusty O'Halligan, of none other than the South Bay Post, even theorized that all writings are influenced in some way by Bobby F. I can't disagree. We all find ourselves in a yellow wood from time to time. I've even met a few gals in the San Fernando Valley who swear by woods that are lovely, dark, and deep. I'm not sure what they mean, but they had 1990s boob jobs (the kind we grew up on), so I was all ears. After all, who can really question poetry?

CDA,

Hopefully this finds you well. With some interest, have been reading a discussion thread concerning fumbling. Even more recently, the issue of fumbling vs. a muff emerged. I understand that a fumble is counted in the stat sheet, but a muff isn't.

Why is this? I hold the muff in high regard, and the notion that it counts for nothing when it appears is highly disconcerting. Please advise...

bgbigdog said:
CDA,

Hopefully this finds you well. With some interest, have been reading a discussion thread concerning fumbling. Even more recently, the issue of fumbling vs. a muff emerged. I understand that a fumble is counted in the stat sheet, but a muff isn't.

Why is this? I hold the muff in high regard, and the notion that it counts for nothing when it appears is highly disconcerting. Please advise...

I have always heard of the pleasure of muff-diving. However, I sure don't see much joy in those players that drop the ball and then jump on it to keep the opposing team from gaining possession. Am I missing something???

bgbigdog said:
CDA,

BG, this is a great question that people ask me often. As one who has fumbled with a few muffs, I can attest to the confusing nature of the demarcation line between the two concepts. The definitive answer is: A fumble happens when a player has a hold of the ball and drops it. A muff is something a player wants to have a hold of once his balls drop. One of them takes you out of the game; the other keeps you in.

I hope this is of some assistance.

CDAGRIZ said:
bgbigdog said:
CDA,

BG, this is a great question that people ask me often. As one who has fumbled with a few muffs, I can attest to the confusing nature of the demarcation line between the two concepts. The definitive answer is: A fumble happens when a player has a hold of the ball and drops it. A muff is something a player wants to have a hold of once his balls drop. One of them takes you out of the game; the other keeps you in.

As it turns out, PR was correct and I was wrong. Muffs do count as fumbles on the stat sheet. However muffing a fumble or fumbling with a muff do not. Carpet not matching the drapes is definitely an issue though.....,

CV Griz Fan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bgbigdog said:
CDA,

As it turns out, PR was correct and I was wrong. Muffs do count as fumbles on the stat sheet. However muffing a fumble or fumbling with a muff do not. Carpet not matching the drapes is definitely an issue though.....,

CDA:
All of this talk of muffs and fumbling around with muffs has got me thinking. I mean, I'll admit that I'm kinda of an elder statesman on Egriz. I've fumbled with my share of muffs, bushes and
landing strips. I have even tangled with a few taints in my time which require a whole different skill set. It's difficult out there for the young lothario to compete. Is there any kind of compendium that exists out there where young "bucks" can reference these topics while they're pursuing their natural ambitions? I mean, God forbid if they had to find out the "hard way" that fumbling around with a muff doesn't count on the stat sheet.....

CV Griz Fan said:
CV Griz Fan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bgbigdog said:
CDA,

CDA:
All of this talk of muffs and fumbling around with muffs has got me thinking. I mean, I'll admit that I'm kinda of an elder statesman on Egriz. I've fumbled with my share of muffs, bushes and
landing strips. I have even tangled with a few taints in my time which require a whole different skill set. It's difficult out there for the young lothario to compete. Is there any kind of compendium that exists out there where young "bucks" can reference these topics while they're pursuing their natural ambitions? I mean, God forbid if they had to find out the "hard way" that fumbling around with a muff doesn't count on the stat sheet.....

Mo Club

CV Griz Fan said:
CV Griz Fan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bgbigdog said:
CDA,

CDA:

CV, my answer to the question posed will require some thought, and I am happy to report that it is one asked of me often, by people. That said, at this preliminary stage, I want to point out the bolded above as perhaps the most perfectly crafted sentence I have ever had the pleasure of reading. This is no bullshit. What you have done here so perfectly encompasses the world in which we live that I want all to bask, just a bit, in your words. You are a true American.

CDA,

I don't know how to put this in an elequant sentance so I will just ask.

Any progress on the Bigfoot research?

CDA,

I noticed this thread has sadly slowed. Is it possible you have actually answered every single question in the history of mankind except the one about your mind-blowing bigfoot research and this one? Thank you in advance.

SoldierGriz

Back