• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

At least one cat fan gets it.

Dont disagree. It was good enough, but lots of room to improve...no doubt about that

pussycatkillerz said:
I'm very interested to see how they perform @ SFA.
Should give some good insight of what to expect for the rest of their season.
Why? SFA is so bad, even Weber beat them. Another Monmouth.

Tokyogriz said:
wbtfg said:
Tokyogriz said:
MSU has "Great Depth"... eh Ive seen little in the last couple games.

They may have this alleged "Depth" but lets see it on the field in the next few games.

To say the last game was underwhelming is an understatement. No one in their right mind can walk away from the Mesa game thinking "Wow what amazing depth MSU has!"

I think we have 11 guys on the 2deep hurt. So our depth is currently playing.

Hope you got more than what was on show last week.

Last week = NOT AMAZING

Agree it wasn't as dominant as we expected... But starting a QB that hadn't started since Hugh school, Poor O line play, and center snap issues... I'll take the shutout win. I do agree that this game at SFA is huge, and if e don't best them I'll be concerned. I think we'll play better than we did against Mesa and come out of there with the win.

Honest question for you guys... If you don't beat whatever the name of the team you're playing is by at least 75... Will you be concerned like you're saying we should be? Seriously... This team got beat by LAMAR, 75 to zip. I'm guessing Delaney isn't one to run up the score, but I would imagine that if you play even close to as good as you did against UND, starters will play the first Q, 2nd string plays the 2nd Q, then 3rd and 4th string plays the entire 2nd Half, and you should still beat them by 100. I am not joking... Have you ever played a team this bad in the history of WA Griz?

poorgriz said:
Tokyogriz said:
wbtfg said:
Tokyogriz said:

They may have this alleged "Depth" but lets see it on the field in the next few games.

To say the last game was underwhelming is an understatement. No one in their right mind can walk away from the Mesa game thinking "Wow what amazing depth MSU has!"

Last week = NOT AMAZING

Agree it wasn't as dominant as we expected... But starting a QB that hadn't started since Hugh school, Poor O line play, and center snap issues... I'll take the shutout win. I do agree that this game at SFA is huge, and if e don't best them I'll be concerned. I think we'll play better than we did against Mesa and come out of there with the win.

Honest question for you guys... If you don't beat whatever the name of the team you're playing is by at least 75... Will you be concerned like you're saying we should be? Seriously... This team got beat by LAMAR, 75 to zip. I'm guessing Delaney isn't one to run up the score, but I would imagine that if you play even close to as good as you did against UND, starters will play the first Q, 2nd string plays the 2nd Q, then 3rd and 4th string plays the entire 2nd Half, and you should still beat them by 100. I am not joking... Have you ever played a team this bad in the history of WA Griz?

Yes...I believe we played Western State in Pflu's 1st season as head coach (2010). I think the score was like 70-2 or something like that.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
poorgriz said:
Tokyogriz said:
wbtfg said:

Last week = NOT AMAZING

Yes...I believe we played Western State in Pflu's 1st season as head coach (2010). I think the score was like 70-2 or something like that.
We played western state in 2009 (championship run season) as well and won 38-0. We've played teams over the years that we had no business even entertaining at Wa-Griz IMO.

poorgriz said:
Tokyogriz said:
wbtfg said:
Tokyogriz said:

Last week = NOT AMAZING

Well, we've laid "55" on you slugs twice since wa-griz opened...wasn't it "55" last week too?? So it seems to me that the speed limit is "55" Obviously, in November I hope the grizmobile gets a pass to roll up "70". :lol: :egriz: p.s. i don't have a f.....g concern about any team right now.

poorgriz, to answer your question, Western State was pretty awful and way back when, Dicky through five touchdowns in about a 10 minute span against Minnesota-Duluth in 1994. So yes, the Griz have played some filthy teams before. I have no clue what the final score will be Saturday. I'm guessing Montana will play it pretty close to the vest though. I'm gonna say 50-7. No way the Griz try to score more than that. And NO, I won't be concerned because I AND YOU have already seen what JJ can do against Two FCS teams.

And it's pretty pointless for MSU fans to keep coming back here telling us how bad the FCS teams the Griz have played are, considering in August, most of you were telling us the Griz were going to start 1-3 WITH losses to App. State and UND!

AZGrizFan said:
Nitpicky, I know, but to state, as fact, that they have "great depth" after one game against a D-II opponent may be just a TAD premature. As someone pointed out in another (earlier) thread, they not only lost their pre-season OPOY in McGhee, they also lost their best RECEIVER, by Bleskin moving to QB...I'd say the jury is WAY out on this one until we see Bleskin and Co. perform against FCS-level competition.

Just have to say my wife has the exact same license plate in ND

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
poorgriz said:
Tokyogriz said:

Last week = NOT AMAZING

We played western state in 2009 (championship run season) as well and won 38-0. We've played teams over the years that we had no business even entertaining at Wa-Griz IMO.
Actually, UM played Western State TWICE, winning 38-0 in 2009, and 63-2 in 2010. They also played Ft. Lewis State a couple times, winning 49-0 in 2007 and 55-0 in 2005. Playing crappy Div. II teams is something of an ugly pattern, one I've never liked.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
Nitpicky, I know, but to state, as fact, that they have "great depth" after one game against a D-II opponent may be just a TAD premature. As someone pointed out in another (earlier) thread, they not only lost their pre-season OPOY in McGhee, they also lost their best RECEIVER, by Bleskin moving to QB...I'd say the jury is WAY out on this one until we see Bleskin and Co. perform against FCS-level competition.
You have your Bleskins mixed up. Tanner Bleskin is still at receiver; brother Jake Bleskin is the backup QB, now in action with McGhee on the shelf. But receiver Roderick is also out.

YEA, at least ONE Cat fan gets it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Griz have played DIIs before, and some of them haven't been any great shakes.

But without question, the Panhandlers will be the worst team to play in the history of WaGriz (unless it's hosted high school games).

In my humble opinion if the cats can't run the ball this weekend they "run" the risk of a long trip home. Way to much on jake's shoulders. The one thing the cats have going for them is the secondary is playing well. They need to win this thing going away. :ugeek:

nzone said:
In my humble opinion if the cats can't run the ball this weekend they "run" the risk of a long trip home. Way to much on jake's shoulders. The one thing the cats have going for them is the secondary is playing well. They need to win this thing going away. :ugeek:

The Cats will run the ball this weekend, and will come home whistling Dixie with a big fat W! The griz however better watch out for Pancake State, they're going to mess with you...big time!

Has anyone considered that the Cats and the Griz might both have good teams? ;)

Seriously, the Griz have had some great moments this year and JJ looks excellent. Jake did everything he was asked to do last week. He didn't choose the opponent. The original poster said, our depth has been good SO FAR. He ranked the Griz above the Cats.

It is true that we'll know more about both teams as the season progresses. It's all good. :thumb:

MontanaSTATEfan said:

Seriously, the Griz have had some great moments this year and JJ looks excellent. Jake did everything he was asked to do last week. He didn't choose the opponent. The original poster said, our depth has been good SO FAR. He ranked the Griz above the Cats.

It is true that we'll know more about both teams as the season progresses. It's all good. :thumb:

MSU is riding the coat tails of last years fluke. Your starting QB is down for a month or so and your supposed depth sure aint what most your fans think it is. Its going to be 3rd maybe even 4th place for MSU in the Big Sky this year. I would be surprised if you even get in the playoffs. look forward to the mid to late season meltdown your pussycats have almost every single year.

UM on the other hand actually has depth and real talent. More importantly they have a serious burn to win and get the last year of Salem trials behind them. Look forward to the ASS WHOOPING they are going to put on your cats. Its going to be a deep playoff run and a good shot at a NC run this year for UM. Have fun watching it on TV. :D

havgrizfan said:
And it's pretty pointless for MSU fans to keep coming back here telling us how bad the FCS teams the Griz have played are, considering in August, most of you were telling us the Griz were going to start 1-3 WITH losses to App. State and UND!

They rarely get it right when the future is the discussion.

After our Griz suffered a losing record, our fanbase was supposed to shrink dramatically. Our season ticket sales should have had the bottom drop out...

Instead we set a stadium attendance record in the season opener.

Robsnotes4u said:
AZGrizFan said:

Just have to say my wife has the exact same license plate in ND

She is a smart woman, apparently. ;)

Tokyogriz said:
MontanaSTATEfan said:

MSU is riding the coat tails of last years fluke. Your starting QB is down for a month or so and your supposed depth sure aint what most your fans think it is. Its going to be 3rd maybe even 4th place for MSU in the Big Sky this year. I would be surprised if you even get in the playoffs. look forward to the mid to late season meltdown your pussycats have almost every single year.

UM on the other hand actually has depth and real talent. More importantly they have a serious burn to win and get the last year of Salem trials behind them. Look forward to the ASS WHOOPING they are going to put on your cats. Its going to be a deep playoff run and a good shot at a NC run this year for UM. Have fun watching it on TV. :D

So you're two games in, and we're three in, yet to play a Big Sky game, and you've already figured that all out? Sweet! When's the stock market gonna crash again so I can pull my money out.

Personally I'm glad the general thought on this board is that you guys are now unstoppable and the CATS suck this year with DM out. It will make it that much more fun to come back here when you start playing tight games and God forbid lose a couple, and watch the meltdown that ensues. Saying the CATS are going to finish mid pack in the Big Sky and miss the playoffs is purely wishful thinking on your part. I trust what Ash has done here since he arrived, gotten progressively better each year, and I haven't seen anything yet to tell me this year will be any different even thought we've hit some rocky patches. I think we'll weather the storm. If we lose two of the next three games I'll concede that we've probably taken a step back.

Latest posts

Back