• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

At least one cat fan gets it.

A narrow loss @ SMU is all that separates MSU from being #1? Well considering NDSU is still NDSU what makes a them think even if they beat SMU they should be ranked above the Bison? That, to me, is delusional.

CoppernGold said:
A narrow loss @ SMU is all that separates MSU from being #1? Well considering NDSU is still NDSU what makes a them think even if they beat SMU they should be ranked above the Bison? That, to me, is delusional.

I believe he met number one in Big Sky.

Tokyogriz said:
MontanaSTATEfan said:
Has anyone considered that the Cats and the Griz might both have good teams? ;)

Seriously, the Griz have had some great moments this year and JJ looks excellent. Jake did everything he was asked to do last week. He didn't choose the opponent. The original poster said, our depth has been good SO FAR. He ranked the Griz above the Cats.

It is true that we'll know more about both teams as the season progresses. It's all good. :thumb:

MSU is riding the coat tails of last years fluke. Your starting QB is down for a month or so and your supposed depth sure aint what most your fans think it is. Its going to be 3rd maybe even 4th place for MSU in the Big Sky this year. I would be surprised if you even get in the playoffs. look forward to the mid to late season meltdown your pussycats have almost every single year.

UM on the other hand actually has depth and real talent. More importantly they have a serious burn to win and get the last year of Salem trials behind them. Look forward to the ASS WHOOPING they are going to put on your cats. Its going to be a deep playoff run and a good shot at a NC run this year for UM. Have fun watching it on TV. :D

Oh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

fypsTSs.jpg

kemajic said:
pussycatkillerz said:
I'm very interested to see how they perform @ SFA.
Should give some good insight of what to expect for the rest of their season.
Why? SFA is so bad, even Weber beat them. Another Monmouth.

Boy, in that case, I can't wait to hear about how they'd beat every team remaining on our schedule. :roll:

It doesn't matter who you played or what the score was in the end getting the "W" only counts. You don't get "extra" points for winning with style. After having BH as the head coach I think most Griz fans get it.

poorgriz, I'm not in the majority here because I actually DON'T think the Cats will finish in the middle of the pack, and I do think the same way I did three weeks ago, which is, the big Sky title is a three-team, three-game race essentially. I also do not think the Griz will go undefeated.

BUT....you guys kind of ask for what's being said here. Go back and look at a couple predictions threads on BN from July and August. Go back and look at what SOME Cat posters on here have said over the last month. It was those Cat fans who predicted the Griz would lose to both Appy and UND and get off to a 1-3 start with a loss added at NAU. Now, those same posters only can come back here and tell us how the Griz still really aren't good, they just didn't know that Appy and UND were so bad. (Which neither team is BTW). And the cherry on top for you guys is...the weekly, Monmouth is better than the Griz' last opponent speak (which any sane and rational fan of the game of football knows isn't true). It at least appears that a minority of MSU fans are running to Egriz scrambling to justify any way they can, that the Griz are somehow not back. All the while, on BN, fans are STILL claiming that somehow, the Cats match up better with NDSU than Kansas State does...

Any fan on BN claiming the Cats match up with NDSU are delusional. Griz are definitely back and in the running. With the talent they have it was only a matter of when.

'68griz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
poorgriz said:
Agree it wasn't as dominant as we expected... But starting a QB that hadn't started since Hugh school, Poor O line play, and center snap issues... I'll take the shutout win. I do agree that this game at SFA is huge, and if e don't best them I'll be concerned. I think we'll play better than we did against Mesa and come out of there with the win.

Honest question for you guys... If you don't beat whatever the name of the team you're playing is by at least 75... Will you be concerned like you're saying we should be? Seriously... This team got beat by LAMAR, 75 to zip. I'm guessing Delaney isn't one to run up the score, but I would imagine that if you play even close to as good as you did against UND, starters will play the first Q, 2nd string plays the 2nd Q, then 3rd and 4th string plays the entire 2nd Half, and you should still beat them by 100. I am not joking... Have you ever played a team this bad in the history of WA Griz?

Yes...I believe we played Western State in Pflu's 1st season as head coach (2010). I think the score was like 70-2 or something like that.
We played western state in 2009 (championship run season) as well and won 38-0. We've played teams over the years that we had no business even entertaining at Wa-Griz IMO.
Actually, UM played Western State TWICE, winning 38-0 in 2009, and 63-2 in 2010. They also played Ft. Lewis State a couple times, winning 49-0 in 2007 and 55-0 in 2005. Playing crappy Div. II teams is something of an ugly pattern, one I've never liked.

Hell,we have had FCS playoff teams roll over easier than these schools. Stat guy: look up some of the Wa Griz playoff blowouts. I seem to recall a small northwestern school that gave us a game. Western Oregon? Central Washington. One of those. They were elite at their level, which you gotta respect. It's playing a bad lower division team that sucks.

havgrizfan said:
poorgriz, I'm not in the majority here because I actually DON'T think the Cats will finish in the middle of the pack, and I do think the same way I did three weeks ago, which is, the big Sky title is a three-team, three-game race essentially. I also do not think the Griz will go undefeated.

BUT....you guys kind of ask for what's being said here. Go back and look at a couple predictions threads on BN from July and August. Go back and look at what SOME Cat posters on here have said over the last month. It was those Cat fans who predicted the Griz would lose to both Appy and UND and get off to a 1-3 start with a loss added at NAU. Now, those same posters only can come back here and tell us how the Griz still really aren't good, they just didn't know that Appy and UND were so bad. (Which neither team is BTW). And the cherry on top for you guys is...the weekly, Monmouth is better than the Griz' last opponent speak (which any sane and rational fan of the game of football knows isn't true). It at least appears that a minority of MSU fans are running to Egriz scrambling to justify any way they can, that the Griz are somehow not back. All the while, on BN, fans are STILL claiming that somehow, the Cats match up better with NDSU than Kansas State does...

I'm with you on all that, but I was never one that predicted a 1 and 3 start for um. My prediction was 8-4 reg season, and I did think you'd drop one of the first two. I honestly thought App was going to be better. You're off to a great start, and the really good teams are coming up on your schedule... Just like us.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
EastCoastGriz said:
TomCat88 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:07 pm

Note: This is based on how they've done so far, because I really don't have much of an idea how they're gonna do.

1. U of M - These guys have been razor sharp on offense over two games. Even if Appalachian St. and UND are bad on defense, their production has been through the roof. With Oklahoma Panhandle coming in this week, the Griz should hold for a week.
2. EWU - For two games and two drives the Eagles were No. 1, but Toledo may have solved their offense judging by the final 3.5 quarters. If teams can slow down the Eagles, they can be beat. An open week before SHSU on the 28th.
3. MSU - A narrow loss to SMU is all that separates MSU from being No. 1. The losses from injuries is also a factor, but MSU has shown it has great depth so far with Bleskin, Coe, Marshall, Sheridan, and Foster all playing at a very high level.
4. NAU - They struggled against UC Davis, but got the win thanks to a formidable defense that returned three players at each level. NAU has to get going on offense to keep up with the top three.
5. Portland State -This last one was tough to pick, but PSU gave Cal a big scare and has plastered two lower division teams. Cal Poly and SSU might have something to say in weeks to come, but it's PSU for now.

Right now, the Griz have the best front 7 on D, the best O-line, and the best QB in the conference. Our secondary is much improved and made a statement holding Hardin to 45 yards receiving last Saturday :eek: , which will be dam hard for many teams to duplicate. I think at this point in the season, Tomcat is spot on.

I agree on everything but JJ as the best QB in the BS conference. I'd say he's second best to EW's Vernon Adams. The guy upset Oregon State, and they nearly beat Toledo (two FBS programs). And his statistics throughout this process of playing 2 FBS schools:
Vernon Adams
GP: 3
EFFIC: 192.1
CMP-ATT-INT: 62-95-3
PCT. :65.3
YARDS: 1035
TD: 12
LONG : 63
AVG: 345.0

poorgriz said:
havgrizfan said:

I'm with you on all that, but I was never one that predicted a 1 and 3 start for um. My prediction was 8-4 reg season, and I did think you'd drop one of the first two. I honestly thought App was going to be better. You're off to a great start, and the really good teams are coming up on your schedule... Just like us.

Oh...pleazzzzzzzzze.....spare me the drama HavFan....maybe two catfans saying the Griz are not back.....and then just WHO is saying that MSU matches up with K-State....maybe one.....without even trying I can count 22 posters that talk smack about McGhee....say the bobcats won't make the playoffs, and other ridiculous statements etc. you act like the whole BN fan base does nothing but disparage the griz morning, noon, and night!!

Adams is great and it's a great year to be a QB in the Big Sky. JJ, Adams and DM (healthy) are all great.

BUT, EWU didn't nearly beat Toledo. After EWU led 14-13 at the end of the first, the Eags scored seven points the rest of the way and Toledo's defense was dominant. EWU's defense played a great game, but Toledo shut EWU doen the final 45 minutes. First-quarter score proved to be completely irrelevant.

Nice try Teton, but no I don't act like that. In fact, in every single post I use words like "minority of Cat Fans" or "Some Cat posters" Or "Some Cat Fans". I actually have defended BOTH fan bases in the constant sniping on the two boards. In a recent post I said "The Griz fans who don't respect DM are a miniscule percentage of Griz Nation." I have also used that same exact phrase when talking about MSU fans. When I post, I simply refer to the SELECT FEW Cat posterS ACTUALLY ON EGRIZ!. Like I've told you before, try fishing somewhere else. I hear the Madison is on fire right now.

havgrizfan said:
Nice try Teton, but no I don't act like that. In fact, in every single post I use words like "minority of Cat Fans" or "Some Cat posters" Or "Some Cat Fans". I actually have defended BOTH fan bases in the constant sniping on the two boards. In a recent post I said "The Griz fans who don't respect DM are a miniscule percentage of Griz Nation." I have also used that same exact phrase when talking about MSU fans. When I post, I simply refer to the SELECT FEW Cat posterS ACTUALLY ON EGRIZ!. Like I've told you before, try fishing somewhere else. I hear the Madison is on fire right now.

I am patiently waiting for the day that you can post on egriz without mentioning anything at all about a Bobcat player, coach, Bozeman, schedule, recruit, or fan!!! If you want to talk about the Bobcats I invite you to come over to BN.

Teton, It's quite simple to look at all my posts on here. I will bet you anything you'd like, including me wearing a Bobcat shirt to Griz-Cat this year to find more than 25 percent of my posts have anything to do with MSU. And, if you are trying to say I talk negatively about Bobcat players or coaches, you are completely off BASE. I have NEVER posted anything negative about an individual MSU player or coache. EVER. PERIOD. THE END. On the flip side, I have stated, many times how much I like Rob Ash, think he is an honest and genuine guy and a very good football coach. i have also posted how much I think of DeNarius McGhee, several times. The fact that I choose to respond to a HANDFUL of MSU posters on the MONTANA GRIZZLY MESSAGE BOARD, has nothing to do with what I think of MSU as a school, its football program or its coaching staff. I clearly and distinctly and objectively separate the TWO.

Tokyogriz said:
MontanaSTATEfan said:
Has anyone considered that the Cats and the Griz might both have good teams? ;)

Seriously, the Griz have had some great moments this year and JJ looks excellent. Jake did everything he was asked to do last week. He didn't choose the opponent. The original poster said, our depth has been good SO FAR. He ranked the Griz above the Cats.

It is true that we'll know more about both teams as the season progresses. It's all good. :thumb:

MSU is riding the coat tails of last years fluke. Your starting QB is down for a month or so and your supposed depth sure aint what most your fans think it is. Its going to be 3rd maybe even 4th place for MSU in the Big Sky this year. I would be surprised if you even get in the playoffs. look forward to the mid to late season meltdown your pussycats have almost every single year.

UM on the other hand actually has depth and real talent. More importantly they have a serious burn to win and get the last year of Salem trials behind them. Look forward to the ASS WHOOPING they are going to put on your cats. Its going to be a deep playoff run and a good shot at a NC run this year for UM. Have fun watching it on TV. :D

Not really a big deal if they're the 3rd place team. One league loss for the season could get you 3rd place easily in the unbalanced Big Sky

havgrizfan said:
Teton, It's quite simple to look at all my posts on here. I will bet you anything you'd like, including me wearing a Bobcat shirt to Griz-Cat this year to find more than 25 percent of my posts have anything to do with MSU. And, if you are trying to say I talk negatively about Bobcat players or coaches, you are completely off BASE. I have NEVER posted anything negative about an individual MSU player or coache. EVER. PERIOD. THE END. On the flip side, I have stated, many times how much I like Rob Ash, think he is an honest and genuine guy and a very good football coach. i have also posted how much I think of DeNarius McGhee, several times. The fact that I choose to respond to a HANDFUL of MSU posters on the MONTANA GRIZZLY MESSAGE BOARD, has nothing to do with what I think of MSU as a school, its football program or its coaching staff. I clearly and distinctly and objectively separate the TWO.

Mentioning the Cats in 25% of your posts is showing a lot of love :mrgreen: for a Griz Fan....that's why I kind of like you. The one tenth of one percent of Cat Fans that trash talk can still dominate many of your posts.....why do they deserve the coverage?

Teton Cat said:
havgrizfan said:

Mentioning the Cats in 25% of your posts is showing a lot of love :mrgreen: for a Griz Fan....that's why I kind of like you. The one tenth of one percent of Cat Fans that trash talk can still dominate many of your posts.....why do they deserve the coverage?

He didn't say he mentioned the Cats in 25% of his posts. Has the Cat troll ever made a post in which he didn't get facts wrong, make up something or tell a lie?

Back