• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Awkwardness of Kent Haslam...

timjayko said:
You know what Kent.. if your next hire is a bust just like Stitt was your name should be next on the shi** list! You ask for swagger yet your press conference contains none... maybe you should resign too? Look at attendance this year.. worst ever in Washington-Grizzly stadium.... If Kent were AD when Don Read was head coach you probably would have shipped him out too after a few years yes? Reality check Griz Nation: we are currently in the dark ages as a football program.. Our expectations are too high if you ask me. What have we done in the last 8 years? Have we been to a championship? Nope. I think we need to stop having such high expectations of our program.. maybe then when the pressure is not so high players can focus on just playing and coaches can focus on just coaching.. not worry about keeping their jobs! You better hire a true gem HC this around Kent.. or your a** is getting shipped next time around too (taste of your own medicine)!!
My! A tough talker. Let's lower our expectations and stay mediocre.

kemajic said:
timjayko said:
You know what Kent.. if your next hire is a bust just like Stitt was your name should be next on the shi** list! You ask for swagger yet your press conference contains none... maybe you should resign too? Look at attendance this year.. worst ever in Washington-Grizzly stadium.... If Kent were AD when Don Read was head coach you probably would have shipped him out too after a few years yes? Reality check Griz Nation: we are currently in the dark ages as a football program.. Our expectations are too high if you ask me. What have we done in the last 8 years? Have we been to a championship? Nope. I think we need to stop having such high expectations of our program.. maybe then when the pressure is not so high players can focus on just playing and coaches can focus on just coaching.. not worry about keeping their jobs! You better hire a true gem HC this around Kent.. or your a** is getting shipped next time around too (taste of your own medicine)!!

yeah lets shoot for at least 5 place in the bsc, comfortable yet semi respectful

fanofzoo said:
kemajic said:
timjayko said:

yeah lets shoot for at least 5 place in the bsc, comfortable yet semi respectful

As long as its BH who takes up there, it will be considered successful given the mess Stitt left behind.

kemajic said:
timjayko said:

I think someone started celebrating turkey day a little early Kem :beer: lol

Haslam said in a phone call with 406mtsports.com on Monday evening that Monday's interview went "fine," and declined commenting on specific candidates.

Haslam said the job has garnered substantial interest, though.

"Whenever there's an open head coaching position, especially one that's high profile at a great place like the University of Montana, there's a lot of interest in it," Haslam said. "The challenge becomes sifting through all of that interest and trying to find the right person and trying to deal with the things that are unknown.

"I just try and process those and rely on the people I trust and will give good, sound advice and that's really where we're at right now in the process."

Haslam also declined to give a specific update as to where Montana is in the search process.

"We're still in that search process and so we're going to continue to search and to talk and to continue with different folks. The search is progressing and I want to make sure we're being thorough."

Haslam added: "The interview process is ongoing. ... I want to move along as quickly as possible. We do have that early signing day that's out there in December."

YEP, originally I saw Kent as a yes-man. However, I have since changed my mind! He took the bull by the horns, putting the university's interest' front and center moving on from the Stitt era. Not to say Bob Stitt failed because he did not. But we , just weren't accomplishing our goals.. I believe coach Stitt gave all he had! And that's the most you can do! That's what makes this so difficult! Now if Kent does his home work he will see Bobby Hauck is a very good man and a great football coach! We need to finish this thing right and get Bobby Hauck on board as soon as possible with early signing only a matter of days from now we need to move and move quickly..We need to stay in house with the proven winner this time!!!Bobby Hauck.. It will be a big change but it will be for the better long term!!! Welcome home BH

i_the_sky said:
YEP, originally I saw Kent as a yes-man. However, I have since changed my mind! He took the bull by the horns, putting the university's interest' front and center moving on from the Stitt era. Not to say Bob Stitt failed because he did not. But we , just weren't accomplishing our goals.. I believe coach Stitt gave all he had! And that's the most you can do! That's what makes this so difficult! Now if Kent does his home work he will see Bobby Hauck is a very good man and a great football coach! We need to finish this thing right and get Bobby Hauck on board as soon as possible with early signing only a matter of days from now we need to move and move quickly..We need to stay in house with the proven winner this time!!!Bobby Hauck.. It will be a big change but it will be for the better long term!!! Welcome home coach Hauck!!!

Brother Bear said:
Exsaint, do you have any info that Ty Detmer is interviewing with Haslam or just wondering out loud?

Hope it's not true, but stranger things have been done!

i_the_sky said:
i_the_sky said:
YEP, originally I saw Kent as a yes-man. However, I have since changed my mind! He took the bull by the horns, putting the university's interest' front and center moving on from the Stitt era. Not to say Bob Stitt failed because he did not. But we , just weren't accomplishing our goals.. I believe coach Stitt gave all he had! And that's the most you can do! That's what makes this so difficult! Now if Kent does his home work he will see Bobby Hauck is a very good man and a great football coach! We need to finish this thing right and get Bobby Hauck on board as soon as possible with early signing only a matter of days from now we need to move and move quickly..We need to stay in house with the proven winner this time!!!Bobby Hauck.. It will be a big change but it will be for the better long term!!! Welcome home coach Hauck!!!

This post confirms why people like you are not selecting the next head coach! Wow, delusional!

The use of the word "fine" to describe how an interview went was not a glowing report that's for sure. Really boasts of confidence in his opinion of Bobby....guess at least "shitty" "fair" or "okay" were not used.

Ursus1 said:
The use of the word "fine" to describe how an interview went was not a glowing report that's for sure. Really boasts of confidence in his opinion of Bobby....guess at least "shitty" "fair" or "okay" were not used.

:lol: :lol:

When my x wife was quiet, which was a real freaking rarity might I add, I would ask her if everything was ok. She would say she was quote unquote....fine.

signedbewildered said:
Ursus1 said:

:lol: :lol:

When my x wife was quiet, which was a real freaking rarity might I add, I would ask her if everything was ok. She would say she was quote unquote....fine.

You should have replied "whatever" that would send her through the roof.....trust me

EverettGriz said:
The University of Montana is beyond fortunate to have Kent as their AD.

Unfortunately, he'll get sucked up by a P5 far too soon.

Yes. What about TDC? Griz softball? Haslam has been great. It’s not like Stitt went 0-11. Haslam has done a fine job. I think he’s just under pressure on this football thing.

Back