• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Awkwardness of Kent Haslam...

signedbewildered said:
Ursus1 said:
The use of the word "fine" to describe how an interview went was not a glowing report that's for sure. Really boasts of confidence in his opinion of Bobby....guess at least "shitty" "fair" or "okay" were not used.

:lol: :lol:

When my x wife was quiet, which was a real freaking rarity might I add, I would ask her if everything was ok. She would say she was quote unquote....fine.

534053354960592897-Twitter.png

goat rope (plural goat ropes) (slang) A confusing, disorganized situation often attributed to or marked by human error. (slang) A convoluted issue that is contested by many parties. A rodeo event in which competitors attempt to lasso a goat, usually for younger participants.

Would the UM Sports Information department be a giant goat rope?

Sunday after the Griz/Cat game Missoulian runs an article at night quoting Kent Haslam (who they just talked to at night) and he says no decision has been made on Stitt. By Monday morning he is firing Stitt.

Now this hired/not hired thing. It's been the worst kept secret ever... Practically his entire staff has loose lips and leaks to friends/media, etc.

Would he be considered the front runner at a place like Utah State? I assume USU would pay more than the UM job by quite a bit, but I do not know.
If he was a finalist and really wanted to the job it seems like he would have a good shot to get it with his resume and experience at Montana.

Brother Bear said:
Would he be considered the front runner at a place like Utah State? I assume USU would pay more than the UM job by quite a bit, but I do not know.
If he was a finalist and really wanted to the job it seems like he would have a good shot to get it with his resume and experience at Montana.

Based on what I could find online - looks like a 6-figure raise.

SoldierGriz said:
Brother Bear said:

Based on what I could find online - looks like a 6-figure raise.

He will make 500k+ at USU. I hope he gets it. Kent has been unbelievable at UM

Thanks Obama.

It's not unusual for folks to grow and develop into attractive candidates for bigger responsibilities, or to want to make things better for their family. Kind of what many of us sort of aspire to and perhaps were lucky enough to achieve. Take CDA, AZ & Everett for example. You'd have to hope that the culture he's built in the department will sustain and bridge things until Seth can make his own hire.

Nobody is perfect. If you have folks who work for you, every hire you make is a roll of the dice, even if they are good indivudals from great families, until they actually start succeeding and/or keep the program off the pages of TMZ. Good luck to him. Let's stop pretending he was born with the silver spoon in his mouth. The university was a dumpster fire for a while not all that long ago, and while the fire is out, there is an ongoing rebuild that will include inevitable turnover among the leadership and hopefully some new blood with energy and enthusiasm to keep that process moving forward.

Back