• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Back to Football - O-Line

AZDoc said:
Paytonlives said:
Time to re-evaluate...

50 Cody Meyer R-Jr.
74 Angel Villanueva R-Jr.
77 Dallas Hart R-Jr. S
62 Dylan Eickmeyer R-So.
79 Esai Longoria R-So.
73 Brandon Scott R-So.
78 Conlan Beaver R-So.

51 Cole Sain Fr.
65 Gerrit Bloemendaal Fr.
67 Tyler Ganoung Fr.
72 Conor Quick Fr.
76 Colton Keintz R-Fr.
60 Cody Hartsoch Fr.
63 Trevor Welnel Fr.
68 Cody Kanouse Fr.
70 Skyler Martin R-Fr.
75 Sean Anderson Fr.

In my opinion, the only thing wrong with that, is the Fr behind so many of them. Pretty quality overall group. Now, how about 2 last second drop downs...

Expect Kanouse, Anderson, Ganoung are gonna play this year and all are 305+. They will have a learning curve but they have talent. Sain has also looked decent so far

PlayerRep said:
GrizGeneral said:
Dalton better invest in some PF Flyers...

One of the things that people like about Sneed is that he is considerably faster than Jensen.

Does Humphrey or Harris have any wheels? Given our luck with healthy QBs the last few years I hope there’s someone else with speed waiting...Graves maybe?

GrizGeneral said:
PlayerRep said:
GrizGeneral said:

One of the things that people like about Sneed is that he is considerably faster than Jensen.

Does Humphrey or Harris have any wheels? Given our luck with healthy QBs the last few years I hope there’s someone else with speed waiting...Graves maybe?

I don't know about Humphrey but I've read where Harris is a pocket passer. Maybe he has some escapability, but I get the idea he's not much of a threat to run.

Cole Sain is a stud and may be starting this season. Sirmon is also apparently on OL now trying to bolster the ranks of a thin position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firmgriz said:
Cole Sain is a stud and may be starting this season. Sirmon is also apparently on OL now trying to bolster the ranks of a thin position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep Cole Sain has the best tape I saw last year for our incoming OL and did it at one of the top programs in the nation. He was a big get and will be a stud. He went up against 3 and 4 star d linemen all the time

dirtysoup said:
GrizGeneral said:
PlayerRep said:
GrizGeneral said:

I don't know about Humphrey but I've read where Harris is a pocket passer. Maybe he has some escapability, but I get the idea he's not much of a threat to run.

Huh? Sneed has nice speed and is a big threat to run. Have you not seen this video from his frosh year at UNLV? Is/was the longest run in UNLV history. My understanding is that he has had to learn, over the years, how to stay in the pocket, and not take off as quickly.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-Lkry-SF01&hsimp=yhs-SF01&hspart=Lkry&p=dalton+sneed+td+video#id=1&vid=0d2e57f5e28e44fe129d4146c97dfdc9&action=click

mtgrizfankb said:
AZDoc said:
Paytonlives said:
Time to re-evaluate...

50 Cody Meyer R-Jr.
74 Angel Villanueva R-Jr.
77 Dallas Hart R-Jr. S
62 Dylan Eickmeyer R-So.
79 Esai Longoria R-So.
73 Brandon Scott R-So.
78 Conlan Beaver R-So.

51 Cole Sain Fr.
65 Gerrit Bloemendaal Fr.
67 Tyler Ganoung Fr.
72 Conor Quick Fr.
76 Colton Keintz R-Fr.
60 Cody Hartsoch Fr.
63 Trevor Welnel Fr.
68 Cody Kanouse Fr.
70 Skyler Martin R-Fr.
75 Sean Anderson Fr.

In my opinion, the only thing wrong with that, is the Fr behind so many of them. Pretty quality overall group. Now, how about 2 last second drop downs...

Expect Kanouse, Anderson, Ganoung are gonna play this year and all are 305+. They will have a learning curve but they have talent. Sain has also looked decent so far

Those are the 4 I was thinking as well, but that's just based on other people and not my eyes. The truth is that O-line play is something that any year player can do, and many big programs have freshmen playing. Technique and polish is what is learned as they mature and makes a good lineman. Strength obviously plays a part, but many "strong" linemen get owned with poor technique.

PlayerRep said:
dirtysoup said:
GrizGeneral said:
PlayerRep said:

Huh? Sneed has nice speed and is a big threat to run. Have you not seen this video from his frosh year at UNLV? Is/was the longest run in UNLV history. My understanding is that he has had to learn, over the years, how to stay in the pocket, and not take off as quickly.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-Lkry-SF01&hsimp=yhs-SF01&hspart=Lkry&p=dalton+sneed+td+video#id=1&vid=0d2e57f5e28e44fe129d4146c97dfdc9&action=click

The question was if there was someone besides Sneed that could run in case of injury. I was saying Harris is a pocket passer from what I've read. I've seen Sneed's long run at UNLV and I have visions of him running like that all over Wa-Griz- when he's not throwing of course. :D

dirtysoup said:
PlayerRep said:
dirtysoup said:
GrizGeneral said:

The question was if there was someone besides Sneed that could run in case of injury. I was saying Harris is a pocket passer from what I've read. I've seen Sneed's long run at UNLV and I have visions of him running like that all over Wa-Griz- when he's not throwing of course. :D

My mistake.

First, let me admit that I have no "authoritative" insider information. And with the gag rule placed on those who attend practices (essentially), there's not much solid information coming out of practice. Like many, I think the overall season record will depend upon the defense (What a surprise!)

That being said, and suggesting no names or super-sources, there are lots of snippets of information creeping out about the other side of the ball. (Smart phones are great!) From what I've seen in those snippets, I think a lot people are going to be pleasantly surprised at how good this OL is going to be. Yes, they make some mistakes, but the guys are quick, strong, and (probably most impressive) seem to have really good footwork, despite their relative lack of experience. Thus, I am (guardedly) optimistic.

Well stoner is back. That’s good. Honestly I expect the oline to be better than most think. OL is all about reps and being comfortable. These young guys are gonna play and make mistakes but I’m not expecting it to be as bad as everyone thinks

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1029511628318945280

Nice! Thanks Colter. Wonder how Bobby/Germer convinced him to come back and not even be on scholarship?

Either way, glad to have him back and nice job whomever convinced him to rejoin the team!

Welcome back!

Back