• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Badlands Bowl this Saturday

Yukon said:
SeattleBobcat said:
mtgrizrule said:
What a TD run by Ferris as the 1st half was running down. What school is he attending? He has looked very good running and throwing the ball. 27-10 MT with around 30 secs left in the 1st half.

I was wondering the same thing on who snagged Ferris, he's a great QB.
Western.

They stole one from both of us.

SeattleBobcat said:
Yukon said:
SeattleBobcat said:
mtgrizrule said:
What a TD run by Ferris as the 1st half was running down. What school is he attending? He has looked very good running and throwing the ball. 27-10 MT with around 30 secs left in the 1st half.

I was wondering the same thing on who snagged Ferris, he's a great QB.
Western.

They stole one from both of us.

Both of us?...we signed Willy Phlug who's already showed well in Griz scrimmage as a high schooler and you guys signed McChesney... you probably should have went for Ferris though.

Holden Ryan destroys the ND qb from the defensive side and puts him out of the game...then goes in on offense and runs twice for 23 yards, but McChesney throws a 60 yard pick 6. His 2nd pick of the game. Now 27-17. McChesney bounces back with nice touchdown pass to Logan Jones.

Alaska Griz said:
Holden Ryan destroys the ND qb from the defensive side and puts him out of the game...then goes in on offense and runs twice for 23 yards, but McChesney throws a 60 yard pick 6. His 2nd pick of the game. Now 27-17. McChesney bounces back with nice touchdown pass to Logan Jones.

We stole Holden Ryan...he should be playing in the Pac-12 this fall.

info said:
Alaska Griz said:

We stole Holden Ryan...he should be playing in the Pac-12 this fall.

Agreed...he was my favorite instate pickup this year, and that's saying something because we got some dandies.

Daum with a sweet ass 47 yard pass. A quick route near the sideline, he turned into a huge play! His speed made that play.

I would expect Andrew Harris (Griz) to get defensive MVP. He's had a great game so far. Nevermind, the kid from glacier just got his third pick.

Alaska Griz said:
Both of us?...we signed Willy Phlug who's already showed well in Griz scrimmage as a high schooler and you guys signed McChesney... you probably should have went for Ferris though.

Pflug!

Logan Jones and Boschee (sp?) have been impressive as well. Ferris appears to be the best QB in the state from the class of 2015. Western stole him. Then again, we are all happy with Pflug.

mtgrizrule said:
Logan Jones and Boschee (sp?) have been impressive as well. Ferris appears to be the best QB in the state from the class of 2015. Western stole him. Then again, we are all happy with Pflug.

Was Weyer the best QB in the state last year? He threw 3 picks. McChesney had a bad game and is a walk on. Very little chance that McChesney will be ahead of Jordan Hoy in the coming years.

KoolMoeDee said:
mtgrizrule said:

Was Weyer the best QB in the state last year? He threw 3 picks. McChesney had a bad game and is a walk on. Very little chance that McChesney will be ahead of Jordan Hoy in the coming years.

Jordan Hoy has the potential to do some real damage when he gets his chance.

IroneagleXP said:
KoolMoeDee said:
mtgrizrule said:

Just like Farhad Azimi!

IroneagleXP said:
KoolMoeDee said:
mtgrizrule said:

So I take it you like him a lot 2506....kinda creepy :shock:

I only watched the first half but here's my takeaways:

Daum, Ryan, Bingham & Ferris were the best three athletes on the field.
Our DB's did a fairly poor job of coverage against ND receivers...got lucky they dropped several well thrown balls.
Our run defense was the bomb.

How did Ferris not get a D-1 offer? That kid's a player...

AZGrizFan said:

Our DB's did a fairly poor job of coverage against ND receivers...got lucky they dropped several well thrown balls.

good assessment...I'd only add that future Griz Andrew Harris was probably the most talked about by the announcers and was probably the most disruptive player on the field, not to mention a pick 6.

Jones for MSU looked like a smart, quick player, and should be good for them. Didn't hear a peep or really notice any of their recruits other than Konkel had a pass interference that extended a ND drive and McChesney, who threw two picks (one pick six) and had a pretty forgettable game. I'm guessing Ferriter didn't play? Really happy with the Griz representation in this game. Most of our instate recruits were major cogs in this game and I feel even stronger that Stitt really did clean up on the top MT recruits this year. Bingham and Ryan are beasts, Daum can fly and was under thrown almost every time, and Harris has a great motor and plays tough. I think this will be an awesome MT corp in a few years, and I'm excited to see Jesse Sims suit up.

Alaska Griz said:
AZGrizFan said:

good assessment...I'd only add that future Griz Andrew Harris was probably the most talked about by the announcers and was probably the most disruptive player on the field, not to mention a pick 6.

Jones for MSU looked like a smart, quick player, and should be good for them. Didn't hear a peep or really notice any of their recruits other than Konkel had a pass interference that extended a ND drive and McChesney, who threw two picks (one pick six) and had a pretty forgettable game. I'm guessing Ferriter didn't play? Really happy with the Griz representation in this game. Most of our instate recruits were major cogs in this game and I feel even stronger that Stitt really did clean up on the top MT recruits this year. Bingham and Ryan are beasts, Daum can fly and was under thrown almost every time, and Harris has a great motor and plays tough. I think this will be an awesome MT corp in a few years, and I'm excited to see Jesse Sims suit up.

Forgot about Harris! And Ferriter was there, and was actually called quite a bit by the announcers....McChesney's game, while not as bad as the big Manhattan QB's game a couple years ago, was certainly forgettable. Ferris completely outplayed him (at least in the first half that I watched).

Sounds like Holden Ryan is quite the player. I wonder if the coaching staff will consider playing him on the defensive side of the ball. For now....I'm just glad he's a griz.

Back