• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Badlands Bowl this Saturday

info said:
Alaska Griz said:
Holden Ryan destroys the ND qb from the defensive side and puts him out of the game...then goes in on offense and runs twice for 23 yards, but McChesney throws a 60 yard pick 6. His 2nd pick of the game. Now 27-17. McChesney bounces back with nice touchdown pass to Logan Jones.

We stole Holden Ryan...he should be playing in the Pac-12 this fall.

Ryan will have a huge career at UM. The ND QB started the game with injured ribs, tough kid.

Both Jones (inside rec) and Daum (outside rec) ran quick slants on the right, and McChesney correctly hit the hot route (Jones crossing McChesney's face over the middle). But both were open. :thumb: :clap:

Alaska Griz said:
I would expect Andrew Harris (Griz) to get defensive MVP. He's had a great game so far. Nevermind, the kid from glacier just got his third pick.

You mean the kid (Cain Boschee, 1st team All-State CB) that was part of the state championship secondary that Daum had huge games against (averaging over 21 yards/rec against). That secondary also had another 1st teamer on it.

I bring this up because when I was commenting on Daum being a Griz recruit this past football season, before most of the board knew about him, some yahoo said Boschee wasn't anybody because the Griz or cats didn't offer him.

Well being a standout in football, point guard in basektball, standout in track and picking off 3 passes in an all-star football game would suggest Boschee is a pretty good athlete.

IdaGriz01 said:
mtgrizrule said:
What a TD run by Ferris as the 1st half was running down. What school is he attending? He has looked very good running and throwing the ball. 27-10 MT with around 30 secs left in the 1st half.
That was a might nifty run by Ferris!

I was going to talk about Ferris before the game, having seen him play multiple times. The kid is a great QB. He made one of the best game winning plays in state championship history (that I know of/seen), and certainly led his team to one of the greatest state championship come-back victories.

Dillon was being handled pretty well by Butte Central this past state championship game in Butte (at Montana Tech) for over 3 qtrs. Ferris took over in the 4th qtr, and made a highly improbably comeback to win.

Dillon ended up scoring a TD with a couple minutes left in the game, down 1 they decide to go for 2 and the win, Ferris rolled to his right, Butte Centrals 1st team All State DE (All state Basketball too) ran him down from the playside, dove and wrapped up Ferris's legs...and on the way down Ferris lofted a high floater over 3 people (1 Dillon rec and 2 leaping BC defenders) and into a Dillon recievers hands. I don't know how in the world he completed that short hail marry, it couldn't have missed the defenders fingers by more than 1 inch!!!

I am glad that the board got a little taste of some of the Griz players that they haven't seen play yet. I've seen them all play before, so seeing them play together was a treat. We got some good ones coming in! (this Aug) Some true frosh will play in 2015...

Back