• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Badlands Bowl

Richard Cranium said:
36-7 Montana the ND team only crossed the 50 yard line 1 time during the game. The Montana D was absolutely lights out!

Wow. Sounds like a route. Who got mvp's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool....Why didn't nalger play? I see coaches and qb from wf. Is he injured? Playing other all star games?

wbtfg said:
Cool....Why didn't nalger play? I see coaches and qb from wf. Is he injured? Playing other all star games?

Could be wrong, think I remember reading he had surgery, know he missed track season also.

Anyone know where the O'Reilly kid is going to college, thought he played a great game.

1972 said:
wbtfg said:

Could be wrong, think I remember reading he had surgery, know he missed track season also.

Anyone know where the O'Reilly kid is going to college, thought he played a great game.

Someone said he was going to Wyoming.

rgrizfan said:
wbtfg said:
Richard Cranium said:
36-7 Montana the ND team only crossed the 50 yard line 1 time during the game. The Montana D was absolutely lights out!

Wow. Sounds like a route. Who got mvp's?

Jobman and May

Jace Lewis kinda got jobbed on not getting the MVP. Lewis had 2-3 sacks and many hurries and tfl. The best players on the field was Lewis, Jobman, Rowling then Latexier. The Padmos kid can really kick! Jacob Hadley got burned giving ND their only score. I was surprised the Opland kid didn't contribute at all.

I learned on a different thread that the reason the Griz suck now is that they don't have enough in-state starters, young men who will teach the others how to die for the brand, rather than out-of-state "hired guns". This must explain NDSU's lack of success as they get minimal contribution from NO-DAK players. I learn something on here everyday!!!

All jokin' aside, good on the kids from "Big Sky Country" for teaching the lads from "Do you want cheese on that?" how to play football.

Montana 36, North Dakota 7

Montana 6 6 10 14 — 36
North Dakota 0 0 0 7 — 7

First quarter
Montana: Thomas Trefney 1 run (kick blocked), 10:16

Second quarter
Montana: Ben Hardy 35 pass from Luke May (pass fail), :43.

Third quarter
Montana: Karl Tucker 9 pass from May (Jered Padmos kick), 13:50.
Montana: Padmos 22 field goal, 7:14.

Fourth quarter
Montana: Payton O'Reilly 25 punt block return (Padmos kick), 14:13
North Dakota: Creighton Pfau 15 run (Zach Sweep kick), 11:38
Montana: Payton Lafrentz 28 pass from May (Padmost kick), 5:45.

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING: Montana, Thomas Trefney 19-49, Shawn Opland 8-13, Luke May 7-13, Karl Tucker 1-4, Dane Warp 7-(minus 10). North Dakota, Ben Bolinske 10-39, Creighton Pfau 13-23, Greg Bresnahan 3-15, Ty Jochim 6-11, Denver Colgrove 3-10, Adam Geiger 1-8, Nick Miller 1-5.

PASSING: Montana, May 14-18-229-1, Warp 7-9-55-2. North Dakota, Pfau 7-15-90-1, Bolinske 2-11-2-1.

RECEIVING: Montana, Tucker 8-72, Nate Simkins 6-110, Ben Hardy 2-33, Will Hunthausen 2-30, Payton Lafrentz 1-28, Opland 1-13, Trefney 1-(minus 2). North Dakota, Noah Wanzek 3-25, Bresnahan 3-19, Adam Geiger 2-47, Jochim 1-1.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Growler you gotta help me out. You've been pretty vocal about the Griz not going after MT kids and losing the battle to the Cats. Here we have what seem to be 6 very solid MT recruits who are going to be Griz. There are probably about 10-12 kids from MT who can play D1 on a good year and we got 6 of them. Are you saying these guys aren't meeting the Griz standards or your standards? Just trying to get a feel where you're coming from on this.

Not saying that at all. But, when Hauck/Paulsen were recruiting Montana, we got about 8 of the top 10 kids every year, and the only ones the Cats were able to sign were legacy kids or kids who wanted engineering or AG majors. Now, the Cats get 50% - 60% of the top 10. Big difference. We can quickly turn it around because of hiring 2-3 assistant coaches with strong Montana roots. But, as you know, I deal in reality, and the facts are that MSU has beaten us with in-state recruiting for at least 4-5 years. Will be interesting to see how Shann et. al. make a difference in next year's recruiting class.

Also, I have posted that our lack of a solid base of Montana kids in our starting lineup, as opposed to the Hauck era, is one of the reasons we don't seem to have that Montana pride "never-to-lose" that we used to have. In reality, out-of-state players, for the most part, are hired guns. They sign with the school who they think will give them the best chance to get to the NFL. They don't live and die Montana football like in-state kids do. When we had 8-9 Montana kids starting out of 22 starters, they set the tone and expectations for the other kids. Now, we have so few starters from Montana that this phenomenon doesn't exist any longer. That's my opinion, and I am sticking to it! I will tell you that this opinion is shared by several Ex-Griz players whom I know.

I disagree, but let's assume for a minute you're correct about MSU winning the in-state recruiting battle 'for at least 4-5 years". What has that gotten them? Zip. Zilch. Nada. They could only go 1-2 against arguably the worst coach in the program's last 30 years...a grand total of 2 playoff wins since 2010 (Montana has 4 in that span--I know, I know, not enough, but stay with me here)...5 wins TOTAL against the Griz since 1986. FIVE. And last year, down 44-22 before the Griz took their foot off the Bobcats' throat late in the 3rd. By what measure, exactly, are you so certain that MSU has "won the state" the past 4-5 years? What did Tanner Roderick accomplish? Gunnar Brekke? Connor Thomas? (And now presumably Daum?) Name 10 players from the state of Montana that play for the Bobcats right now that you think the Griz "lost" on...I can think of two. Maybe three.

And do you honestly think, for even a moment, that out of state kids are selecting Montana because they think going to Montana "will give them the best chance to get to the NFL"? You don't think it's because of the game-day atmosphere, the tradition of winning, the largest crowds in the FCS, etc., etc.? Go read some tweets from guys like Keith Thompson, Nate Harris, KVA, Kose, etc.......guys who literally BLEED Montana maroon, yet they're "not from around here". Calling those guys hired guns is a huge, gigantic slam of epic proportions. I would LOVE to see you call any one of those guys that to their face.

Keep living in denial, like Payton, Raider, et. al. But please stop the ridiculous comments telling me how many games the Cats have won versus the Griz, because that argument has ZERO relevance to this discussion. And, I want UM to get back to getting the TOP 6-7 players in the state each year, kids who can be starters, NOT in filling our roster with a bunch of Montana kids who ride the pines. It's about QUALITY, not QUANTITY. I stand firmly, as do several former Griz players from Montana high schools, that we have lost that swagger, that will-to-never-lose, that we had when more Montana kids were starting for us. You know what's funny to me....... 10-15 years ago Griz fans used to make fun of the Cats because they had to fill there roster with so many out-of-state kids (mostly from CA), and we had a roster heavily laden with home-state kids. Why is it so freakin' difficult for some Griz fans to admit that we have been out-recruited in-state the past 5 years? So many live in denial. i think it will change, but the past is in stone, and it ain't pretty.

let me see if I've got this straight: The Griz need more Montana kids as starters. We're getting out-recruited for the good Montana kids, but you can't name 10 players in the past 5 years that MSU has gotten that we would have wanted, and who'd be stars (and starters, presumably) for the Griz....and to complete this descent into the 7th circle of hell, you ALSO insist we're well into a death spiral into mediocrity as a program. So I ask once again, nostradumbass----WHO, from the State of Montana, in the past 5 years, should have come to Montana and started for the Griz, lifting them out of this downward spiral into mediocrity (your opinion, not mine, for what it's worth). Which Montana players that we "missed on" and have been "out recruited in state" on were our saviors? I mean, we have 31 Montana players currently on the roster. The scats have 33. Please tell me the 10-15 who should be Griz (that aren't) that would hoist the program onto their collective backs and lead us to another NC?

Brekke?
Roderick?
Thomas?
Newell?
Noah James?
Dylan Stenseth?
Folsom?
Barth?
Mac Bignell?
Brott?
Connor Sullivan?
Mahlum?
Marcus Ferriter?
Bryan Wilkes?
Caleb Gillis?
Dalton Daum?

Or perhaps you're referring to kids who should forego FBS scholarships (Osweiler, Miller, etc) or Ivy League opportunities?

Which one of these kids were going to put the program on its back, will it not to lose, and take it to the top? Put your money where your fucking mouth is.

Oh AZzzzz feelings hurt :,( put the cold one down and go to bed... Alpha and ag1 might not want to be your friend anymore.

I actually think AZ's post is great. Growler won't answer the question. He'll respond, but he won't answer the question.

CDAGRIZ said:
I actually think AZ's post is great. Growler won't answer the question. He'll respond, but he won't answer the question.

Never does. he'll brush it off with another personal attack, but never, ever EVER answers the actual facts. Never tries to unfuck his logical circles, because he KNOWS that's a lost cause. :lol:

Here's a ND flavored news recap of the game: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aCaTqsg6_c[/youtube]

Bertram said:
Here's a ND flavored news recap of the game: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aCaTqsg6_c[/youtube]

"Not many offensive highlights to show you for North Dakota but the defense showing OFF in this one."

:geek:

griz8791 said:
Bertram said:

"Not many offensive highlights to show you for North Dakota but the defense showing OFF in this one."

:geek:

Lol. The square heads from ND don't even know an ass whoppin when they see one. This game could have easily been a 60 point game. The refs kept it as close as possible by calling back 2 TD's and numerous big games with BS penalties. ND only crossed the 50 yard line one time the entire game. I'm sure the penalty yards against Montana were very close to the total offensive yards of ND.

After going over the game program showing the scores of the last 23 games here are the break downs of the margin of victories in the totally lopsided series. The series has been dominated by Montana with a 17-6 victory margin. North Dakota's 6 victories have been by an average of 8.16 points with only 1 win by more than double digits and that was by 24 points. The ND wins have been by 9,1,24,9,3 and 3.
Montana 17 victories have been by an average of 24.11 points. Montana has had 14 wins by 14 points or more, 9 wins by 21 points or more, 6 wins by 28 points or more, 5 wins by 35 points or more and 2 wins by 42 points or more. These numbers show the complete dominance of this series! The other thing it shows is how dependent UND and NDSU are on out of state talent. Many of Montana Bad Land Bowl talent has played in the NFL, been drafted and even made NFL Pro Bowl teams, compared to less than a handful of ND kids to make an NFL roster. I like seeing Montana boys kick the shit out of other states and do it in dominant fashion.

Richard Cranium said:
Jace Lewis kinda got jobbed on not getting the MVP. Lewis had 2-3 sacks and many hurries and tfl. The best players on the field was Lewis, Jobman, Rowling then Latexier. The Padmos kid can really kick! Jacob Hadley got burned giving ND their only score. I was surprised the Opland kid didn't contribute at all.
Sounds like we got a great deal with Jace Lewis and Letexier. Those two dominated both all-star games from the LB position this summer. Our depth at LB over the next 4 years is going to be ridiculous. We won't graduate a single LB in 2017, and [youtube][youtube][/youtube][/youtube]looking at just FR and RS-FR we've got.

Holden Ryan
Vika Fa'autuise
Cy Sirmon
Dante Olsen
Jace Lewis
Trase Letexier

Quality AND quantity.

Back