• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Badlands Bowl

Jace Lewis was all over the field yesterday! That kid is a total beast and Letexier is a force in the middle with good range for a MLB. The Jobman kid had a pretty good motor too and was given the MVP on defense with a sack, a double tipped interception and a fumble recovery in a 10 man scrum. Yes those are great stats and feats, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut with a double tipped INT and a 10 man scrum fumble recovery. Lewis was a contant disruptive force from the first snap of the game to the last snap. It was a total shame he was not given the MVP. While Jobman was getting the double tipped INT, Lewis was in the grill of the ND QB making him throw a overthrown ball to be tipped twice. Bottom line Lewis was the best defensive player on the field last night. The 3rd and 4th best players after Jobman were Letexier and Rosling. The Griz D will be very good with those 3 for many years to come.

Too bad Montana didn't have a QB who wasn't color blind in that game. Based on those highlights we left about 35 points on the field.

Richard Cranium said:
. . . The other thing it shows is how dependent UND and NDSU are on out of state talent. . . .

Bison fans will be the first to tell you that they recruit nationwide. Seems to be working for them.

Also looks like #32 (Zachary Sweep) at 6'2", 210 lbs is somebody that NDSU missed on. He's going to Minnesota State University-Moorehead. He runs a 4.6 40 and was the state 100m hurdles champ. That'd be a nice guy to have back there at safety.

The Whitefish coach did a nice job of preparing the kids and having a good gameplan. Nice execution by the Montana team.

Here is a pix of the Montana signees at the Badlands Bowl...

Bradshaw, Jace Lewis, Trase LeTexier, Devin Maua and Cole Rosling

[tweet]https://twitter.com/43bradshaw43/status/744379971590774784[/tweet]

Richard Cranium said:
Jace Lewis was all over the field yesterday! That kid is a total beast and Letexier is a force in the middle with good range for a MLB. The Jobman kid had a pretty good motor too and was given the MVP on defense with a sack, a double tipped interception and a fumble recovery in a 10 man scrum. Yes those are great stats and feats, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut with a double tipped INT and a 10 man scrum fumble recovery. Lewis was a contant disruptive force from the first snap of the game to the last snap. It was a total shame he was not given the MVP. While Jobman was getting the double tipped INT, Lewis was in the grill of the ND QB making him throw a overthrown ball to be tipped twice. Bottom line Lewis was the best defensive player on the field last night. The 3rd and 4th best players after Jobman were Letexier and Rosling. The Griz D will be very good with those 3 for many years to come.

Having watched Jace a lot in high school it was same thing every game. Nose for the ball carrier, very physical and could single handedly ake over and blow up a play. Great kid and as competitive as you will find. I am glad people not familiar with Class B are getting to see his abilities.

wbtfg said:
How did the Rosling kid from capital look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rosling looked outstanding. He honestly looked like a man amongst boys on the field. He played mostly between the tackles and didn't get the most outwardly noticeable plays but considering his 50+ constant weight disadvantage across the line versus the ND OL he did amazing. Roslings steady and excellent play in the middle shut down ND power game between the tackles to allow the blitzes and outside defense players swarm the ball. I've never seen such a dominant 29 point win in my life! It wasn't even close! At one point an old man behind me from ND yelled out on a first play from the line of schrimmage go into punt formation! Because at that point deep into the first half of the game 2 of the 3 1st downs were on punt fakes for over 20 yards.

Paytonlives said:

This shot also includes Hardy, who will also play for the Griz.

81 - Hardy
77 - Maua
45 - Lewis
43 - LeTexier
57 - Rosling
67 - Bradshaw

go96griz said:
Paytonlives said:

This shot also includes Hardy, who will also play for the Griz.

81 - Hardy
77 - Maua
45 - Lewis
43 - LeTexier
57 - Rosling
67 - Bradshaw

Figured that's who those kids were when Stitt retweeted it....

a few questions hopefully someone can answer here....

1) Why do we not do a all-star game with Wyoming also? Would probably be better competition and they could alternate between Billings and Sheridan.

2) Why has AtlantaDoucheNozzle1 not been kicked off the site yet????

1) Should be easy and agree.
2) Over/under is at 2 days. I'll take the over. I think Mods are on vacation.

Used to be limited to 2 per sport, but has changed to no restrictions as far as I know. I know multiple Montana kids will be in 3 football games this summer.

Back