• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Baer Spray

IMeanGrizness

He is an asshole plain and simple. The way he treats players, well you guys wouldn't believe it if I told you. When he first started telling us how things were gong to be, we all looked at each other and thought he was joking. It is embarrassing to have a coach like this at any level and he should be fired for the way he treats players.

More defensive departures soon you can count on it.

IMeanGrizness said:
He is an asshole plain and simple. The way he treats players, well you guys wouldn't believe it if I told you. When he first started telling us how things were gong to be, we all looked at each other and thought he was joking. It is embarrassing to have a coach like this at any level and he should be fired for the way he treats players.

You can say that again.

ButtHurt!! Really! These are college football players, time to grow up a little.

He is mean, I can't take being yelled at, I want to go home! (This for real?)

I guess coach should make the player go stand in corner in time out?

Huggers???

Go Griz!

IMeanGrizness said:

you're on the team and posting on eGriz about your coach? sure...

IMeanGrizness said:

Let me officially welcome you to the real world then. If you can’t handle a coach being an “asshole” then do not ever plan on getting a job. Dealing with assholes is part of growing up and what one person calls an asshole another might call just being honest, straight forward, or they don’t talk bullshit. Like I tell my kids, I’m not your friend I’m your father and that’s different relationship. Well, he’s your coach not your friend and the Griz desperately needed coaches to get back on track.

Grizzly96 said:
IMeanGrizness said:

Let me officially welcome you to the real world then. If you can’t handle a coach being an “asshole” then do not ever plan on getting a job. Dealing with assholes is part of growing up and what one person calls an asshole another might call just being honest, straight forward, or they don’t talk bullshit. Like I tell my kids, I’m not your friend I’m your father and that’s different relationship. Well, he’s your coach not your friend and the Griz desperately needed coaches to get back on track.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizzly96 said:
IMeanGrizness said:

Here's another "real world" application for you: People don't quit jobs...they quit managers. If you have to be an asshole to get your point across you're failing.

IMeanGrizness said:

This guy is obviously a troll and shouldnt be on the board. they claim to be a player half the time. they then claim to be a regular joe on other posts. says nobody knows why players left, calls jensen a quitting baby, says he thinks Fav might have been told to go to LB but really has no idea, even though he claims to be a defensive player for the team. trys to stir up drama in almost every post he has made. oh and picked the griz 8th in a prediction poll. if you are a player on the team...the team could do better. but its prob. a old man with a bitter grudge on griz fans or just someone who just hates their their life because it sucks.

alabamagrizzly said:
IMeanGrizness said:

You can say that again.

:lol:

alabamagrizzly said:
IMeanGrizness said:

You can say that again.

LOL

Grizzly96 said:
IMeanGrizness said:

I Mean Grizzness, dont listen to this non sense. That isnt how the real world works. The only thing he is right on is that a parent isnt a friend they are a parent.
I am pretty sure if you asked him the question, do your kids respect you because they love you or do they love you because he is a narcissistic ass hat that they hate? He will tell you they respect him because they love him and even when he disciplines they know he loves them?

Grizzly96 you have no idea what is happening in that locker room. Down playing it and saying the guy is just an asshole for the right reasons is weak. That's not whats happening here.

I have a couple of "HYPOTHETICAL" questions for you.

1) If you were on a sports team and your coach said to you and your teammates, I dont want to be here. I am only here for a paycheck. my home is in _________. Would you respect or want to play for that guy? To me thats a real morale killer. Is that the kinda coach that you would want to play for?

2) What if your son went to a college, was a true freshman on a sports team and a new coach comes in and in front of the whole team tells your son that he sucks and the only reason he is on this team is because his sister was fucking the last coach that was here. Your son obviously wouldnt be in position to fight back in any way because if he did, the coach would hold it over his head. If he did it would essentially ending his sports career as long as that coach was there, maybe even cost him his scholarship.What would you do as a parent?
My guess based on your defense of this is that you would tell your son to bad for you. Maybe your sister was fucking the last coach. I on the other hand as a parent would be on the first plane out there and put my fist so far down the coaches mouth he would be shitting his teeth out.

I Mean Grizzness- Dont be fooled, in the real world the person that said said either of these "HYPOTHETICALS" to or in front of all of his co-workers would be carrying his belongings to his car before lunch and in the case of #2, probably taking a ride in an ambulance. At least thats what would happen to you in Philadelphia. Maybe Montana has gotten softer.

Grizzly96- Ill give you the benefit of the doubt. Using the two "HYPOTHETICALS" I posted perhaps your position on this may be different.

In closing. I dont care which side of the isle you are, Pro or anti Hauck, Hauck in his own words has said that it will take a few years to get the band back together. Baer wasnt his 1st choice and Haucks options may have been limited. If you can asked the vast MAJORITY of the players and even a few of the coaches off the record they would tell you Baer thinks this job is beneath him.

AZGrizFan said:
Grizzly96 said:
IMeanGrizness said:

Here's another "real world" application for you: People don't quit jobs...they quit managers. If you have to be an asshole to get your point across you're failing.

Do not disagree with that statement, but again who you see as an asshole I may not and vice versa. That was more my point and handling someone that you consider an asshole and still taking care of business is something that is life.

Grizzly96 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Grizzly96 said:
IMeanGrizness said:

Do not disagree with that statement, but again who you see as an asshole I may not and vice versa. That was more my point and handling someone that you consider an asshole and still taking care of business is something that is life.

Agreed. Until you can find a job where you can take care of business while NOT having to deal with an asshole.

PAGriz said:
Grizzly96 said:
IMeanGrizness said:

I Mean Grizzness, dont listen to this non sense. That isnt how the real world works. The only thing he is right on is that a parent isnt a friend they are a parent.
I am pretty sure if you asked him the question, do your kids respect you because they love you or do they love you because he is a narcissistic ass hat that they hate? He will tell you they respect him because they love him and even when he disciplines they know he loves them?

Grizzly96 you have no idea what is happening in that locker room. Down playing it and saying the guy is just an asshole for the right reasons is weak. That's not whats happening here.

1) If you were on a sports team and your coach said to you and your teammates, I dont want to be here. I am only here for a paycheck. my home is in _________. Would you respect or want to play for that guy? To me thats a real morale killer. Is that the kinda coach that you would want to play for?

2) What if your son went to a college, was a true freshman on a sports team and a new coach comes in and in front of the whole team tells your son that he sucks and the only reason he is on this team is because his sister was f***[*] the last coach that was here. Your son obviously wouldnt be in position to fight back in any way because if he did, the coach would hold it over his head. If he did it would essentially ending his sports career as long as that coach was there, maybe even cost him his scholarship.What would you do as a parent?
My guess based on your defense of this is that you would tell your son to bad for you. Maybe your sister was f***[*] the last coach. I on the other hand as a parent would be on the first plane out there and put my fist so far down the coaches mouth he would be shitting his teeth out.

I Mean Grizzness- Dont be fooled, in the real world the person that said said either of these "HYPOTHETICALS" to or in front of all of his co-workers would be carrying his belongings to his car before lunch and in the case of #2, probably taking a ride in an ambulance. At least thats what would happen to you in Philadelphia. Maybe Montana has gotten softer.

Grizzly96- Ill give you the benefit of the doubt. Using the two "HYPOTHETICALS" I posted perhaps your position on this may be different.

In closing. I dont care which side of the isle you are, Pro or anti Hauck, Hauck in his own words has said that it will take a few years to get the band back together. Baer wasnt his 1st choice and Haucks options may have been limited. If you can asked the vast MAJORITY of the players and even a few of the coaches off the record they would tell you Baer thinks this job is beneath him.

I love your hypothetical questions, you actually know what is going on in the locker room!!! Baer doesn't want to be here and he doesn't respect anyone on the team. Since he says he will only be here shortly he needs to leave now and get a competent person in his position. He shouldn't even be getting paid for what he is doing right now!

PAGriz said:
Grizzly96 said:
IMeanGrizness said:

2) What if your son went to a college, was a true freshman on a sports team and a new coach comes in and in front of the whole team tells your son that he sucks and the only reason he is on this team is because his sister was f***[*] the last coach that was here. Your son obviously wouldnt be in position to fight back in any way because if he did, the coach would hold it over his head. If he did it would essentially ending his sports career as long as that coach was there, maybe even cost him his scholarship.What would you do as a parent?
My guess based on your defense of this is that you would tell your son to bad for you. Maybe your sister was f***[*] the last coach. I on the other hand as a parent would be on the first plane out there and put my fist so far down the coaches mouth he would be shitting his teeth out.

You do not know me so I will also give you the benefit of the doubt. I have a very good handle on what’s going on in the locker room and the majority is positive I can assure you. When you go from one extreme of coaching(Stitt’s staff) to another(Huack’s staff) this kind of stuff will happen. Happens every year in college football.

As for your scenarios.....

1. If a coach/boss/whoever said something like that, it would not change how I did things. It’s not about respect for them, but I have respect for myself to do what is right and give my full effort in spite of the circumstances. If that’s their attitude it will be a reflection of them, not me and it will catch up to them.

2. I would tell my son to prove him wrong and I did in a similar circumstance. It doesn’t matter what he says or thinks, bust your ass and prove him wrong. He did and became a leader on the team. Your actions say more than your words ever will. My son has played football in college at the D1 level and he was 19 when he left the house. I would definitely not go and make the coach shit his teeth, though I would want to no doubt. At 19 he was man enough to fight his own battles. I am there for him to offer wisdom, but he had to fight them himself and learn to do so. Part of becoming a man in my opinion.

Like I said earlier, what one calls an asshole another does not and vice versa. If Baer is truly this way, then it will catch up to him, but regardless, dealing with someone who is an asshole is part of life. Deal with it, keep doing what’s right, move on. That’s more what I was trying to say, though I guess it may have not come out that way.

Back