• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Defensive MVP

Rats of Butte said:
Cowser over Holmes makes no sense. Doesn't Holmes have him beat in damn near every statistic?

Yep

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Bwahlberg/status/669248744408281088[/tweet]

Cowser, who is a two-time all-Big Sky first-team player, finished the season with 11 sacks and 17 tackles-for-loss. In the process of posting those statistics, Cowser set the FCS all-time record in both categories
Didn't Holmes have 14 sacks? Or are they talking over his whole career?

Also, how did Gamboa make first team over KVA?

grizzbud said:
Who is Cowser? Holmes has better numbers in every stat? How could that happen?

Cowser's seems to be a recognition of a more successful career as a whole... I think... that's my best guess. Others have pointed out he's the best player on the best defense. However this is an individual award and not so narrow to look at the best player on just a single team.

BWahlberg said:
Total garbage.

I'm going to assume that the fact that Crowser returned a fumble for a TD that is why he got the nod over Tyrone Holmes for Defensive Player of the Year?? I'm a little confused....Crowser is a a great player but am I missing something??

James Cowser, DE, Southern Utah – 62 TT (29 solo), 17 TFL, 11 SK, 3 QBH, 2 FR with 100 return yards and 1 TD, 3 FF (11 games)

Tyrone Holmes, DE, Montana – 77 TT (28 solo), 17.5 TFL, 14 SK, 7 QBH, 2 FF (11 games)

This is a joke of a snub for Tyrone. Cowser won that only on rep/body of work for his career. Not that Holmes needs any more motivation but I hope he takes in out SDSU on Saturday!

I didn't know it was intended as a lifetime achievement award! Hopefully the FCS committee will look at the best defensive player this year!

EverettGriz said:
This conference is a f***[*] joke. Always has been. Always will be.

Get us the hell out of it!!!!!

Most accurate post in over a year on this site....

BWahlberg said:
grizzbud said:
Who is Cowser? Holmes has better numbers in every stat? How could that happen?

Cowser's seems to be a recognition of a more successful career as a whole... I think... that's my best guess. Others have pointed out he's the best player on the best defense. However this is an individual award and not so narrow to look at the best player on just a single team.

I think Brint is right, they gave this as somewhat of a career achievement award. While Cowser is deserving and a great player, Holmes should have won it this year, and it probably shouldn't have been close...

Speechless...

I guess only thing Holmes can do is get the Buchanan and shove it in the bsc face

Reminds me of the year Kane Ioane won Big Sky defensive mvp, but Jared Allen win the Buchanan. Hopefully this bodes well for Holmes in the national race...

Latest posts

Back