• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Defensive MVP

What a sick joke. How about what South Dakota State did to Cowser and Southern Utah's top notch defense? Not very impressive defensive performance (or season stats for Big Sky Defensive MVP) to say the least.

Cannot wait to see Southern Utah get rolled in the playoffs and exposed for their weak schedule by getting blown out and giving up 40+ points. These awards are no better than the FCS polls, all biased.

grizband said:
Reminds me of the year Kane Ioane won Big Sky defensive mvp, but Jared Allen win the Buchanan. Hopefully this bodes well for Holmes in the national race...

There's no chance he wins Buchanan award when his own joke of a conference snubbed him for someone that put up stats that didn't even compare to his. F**k the bias within FCS football and screw the big sky conference, this conference became a joke when it expanded without splitting conference in half.

1Griz_Fan said:
grizband said:
Reminds me of the year Kane Ioane won Big Sky defensive mvp, but Jared Allen win the Buchanan. Hopefully this bodes well for Holmes in the national race...

There's no chance he wins Buchanan award when his own joke of a conference snubbed him for someone that put up stats that didn't even compare to his. F**k the bias within FCS football and screw the big sky conference, this conference became a joke when it expanded without splitting conference in half.
I cited an example when it did happen. Just hoping for the same outcome.

Make lemonade out of lemons...thank you BSC for putting a nice large chip on the shoulder of Tyrone. Watch him go bonkers in the playoffs.

Jaredkuehn said:
Make lemonade out of lemons...thank you BSC for putting a nice large chip on the shoulder of Tyrone. Watch him go bonkers in the playoffs.

Saw a few tweets today (not from Holmes) from a few players suggesting the overall vote is motivation. Jordan Tripp said it best though today on twitter pointing out that awards are just for walls, nothing more.

BWahlberg said:
Jaredkuehn said:

Saw a few tweets today (not from Holmes) from a few players suggesting the overall vote is motivation. Jordan Tripp said it best though today on twitter pointing out that awards are just for walls, nothing more.

I did see a tweet today from Tyrone in response to Brock Coyle: "Thanks brotha, just have to go get a natty"

When Tyrone wins the Buchanon Award (used to be, I guess. Suppose they did away with the Payton Award too-idiots) it'll prove how totally stupid, biased, and messed up the BSC is! They just couldn't get themselves to give it to Wagenman and Holmes in back to back years. It's crap!

BWahlberg said:
grizzbud said:
Who is Cowser? Holmes has better numbers in every stat? How could that happen?

Cowser's seems to be a recognition of a more successful career as a whole... I think... that's my best guess. Others have pointed out he's the best player on the best defense. However this is an individual award and not so narrow to look at the best player on just a single team.

I think you're right about the lifetime achievement award. I also think he's the second best player on that defense behind the safety Killebrew, witness the senior bowl invite. Much as I love Holmes, the success of the defense is as much a function of the exceptional play of KVA as anything else.

Latest posts

Back