• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BisoNation = Griz fans

Grizzlies1982 said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
Well, NDSU, I wouldn't be too enthused. I mean, really. For instance, both you guys and the Griz have an open date: 07 September 2013. The Griz could very, very easily drop their game with, huh, what is it , oh, yeah, right, Panhandle State, and schedule a game with NDSU for 07 September now couldn't they?

Even if it's a road game to the dreaded Fargo Dome...so what? It's not like the Griz would lose money on the deal...would they? Would the Griz really suffer any if they played the two-time defending FCS reigning Champion?...a drop in SOS in the Sagarin rating system?

"If fear is your universal master; fear is your universal conqueror."

Nice thought but who says we drop Panhandle at home... then go on the road to Fargo.
Let the Bisons come to Missoula. Replace an uninspired home sell out with a highly motivated home sell out.
:ugeek:
I'm sure NDSU has numerous opportunities to go on the road, but they want/need a home game, just like Montana wants/needs to keep its 6th home game.

kemajic said:
Huh? Montana clears $500 M to $700 M on home games. Add the buyout of the existing game. And a 5-game home schedule when the budget is already under serious duress. Not your best thinking.

...Montana clears $ 500 (M)illion to $ 700 (M)illion on home games?..and you talk about someone else's "best (clear) thinking?" That's why it was placed as a question, methinks.

To tell ya the truth I don't really care whether it's here or there; hypothetically speaking besides, anyways. Is your pauper little Missoula hurting that much economically that one little road game to Fargo determines bankruptcy or not? And worldly experts like you probably go around saying everyone else is selling out to those that give out the most moola: goin' FBS and all that. You probably deride the watering down of the FCS because many others are chasing after the so-called all-mighty dollar as well. And they talk about Griz spirit and being a fan of the Griz (all in place of selling their souls and signing their name in blood for a couple extra bucks) no less.

All right, off my soap box; would the Griz really suffer that much economically if they played the NDSU Bison in Fargo? My previous assumption was as an 11-game schedule and dropping Panhandle State and scheduling NDSU instead on 07 September 2013. I thought it'd be a break even propostion. Most of the fans that show up for a home game in Missoula are mostly locals anyways... right? People with season tickets for twenty to thirty years, no less. Sure, there may be a number of visiting fans and out of town fans but do they really spend that much? :roll: There's been a number of times I came in out of state to see a game and I ended up watching it at Red's. Not like the good o' days when one could get in free at half time. All well and good. But a half way decent rivalry with NDSU year end and year out, alternating the hosting every other game, would also be just as appetizing as having the same arrangement with, say, Appalachian State, now wouldn't you think? And a hell of a lot closer besides. Let the boobskats chase after the quick fix with SMU; they've earned their enmity. Why make it worse for the Griz by ignoring a golden opportunity of putting your guts where your mouth is?

The Griz need that sixth game...oh my God, what'll we do if we don't? In the words of Robin Selvig..."It's not the end of the world." Get over your pompous vanity in having the majority of your games in Waa Griz Stadium; take in on the chin and go out on the road every once in a while; who knows, you may even like it.

Wyogriz- Kemajic made a typo. we ALL know it's worth a million dollars for a home Griz tilt. No it's not the zula 30 yr ticket holders. It's a caravan on friday and saturday a.m. My lovely and I leave around 11:00 a.m. on Fridays. Spend about 200 on fuel, 250 on food, 175 on rooms, and 150 on booze. We also spend about 500 a yr in the bookstore. incidentals ...100. A home game is large to the U and the community. If the Bison want a game they can come here. We're not giving up a home game...totally f.....g stupid. :egriz:

hmmm, sounds like when the chips are down most of us don't want to play n.d.s.u. for the same reason m.s.u. backed out of playing them. sorry about that bizonnation, but at the end of the day montanans, even griz-cat fans, would rather stick together than hang out with a nodak. now run along and enjoy your wind, permafrost and tree.

Where is it written that we would have to travel to Fargo? We have our 6 home games and aren't the ones over the barrel. Why can't NoDak State shovel their asses to Missoula? We have the negotiating high-ground here. Why would our season ticket holders pay the price of a lost home game because the cats screwed over the Bison?

This is all irrelevant because there is little chance the schedule will change.

Paytonlives said:
Carnac says... "What will be the biggest ass kicking in msu history"

Answer... msu traveling to NDSU for the playoffs!

We already did that at thier house in playoffs didn't we?

Bisonation said:
Paytonlives said:
Carnac says... "What will be the biggest ass kicking in msu history"

Answer... msu traveling to NDSU for the playoffs!

We already did that at thier house in playoffs didn't we?
the bison are one of the worst fcs/iaa champions of all time. we've had teams that didn't win the conference outright that were better than n.d.s.u. defense is good, but the offense sucks. most of what little scoring you do comes from your defense.

DuCharme said:
Hells bells said:
Bisonation said:
crying-baby.jpg

Will you be my friends?

I had to fix it. :D
well played

the bison are one of the worst fcs/iaa champions of all time. we've had teams that didn't win the conference outright that were better than n.d.s.u.

Well stated - a lot; not all of their supporters are classless, clueless, arrogant jerks who you can annoy by simply wearing Griz gear in Fargo.

They have been able to fly under the radar running a dirty program while the focus of NCAA is on UND 80 miles North in Grand Forks over a name change.

The outfit in Fargo looks away at election fraud(it could be argued tolerates) with their football team knowing the NCAA could care less about some cow college in Fargo.

The hypocrisy of the NCAA shows when the Griz are subject to not only Federal Departments of Justice and Education snooping around while the NCAA who all they can find is a minor violation with Griz supporters giving out hot dogs while tailgating at Washington Griz Stadium.

To say this outfit's supporters = Griz fans. Dont dignify that thought with a response. As Griz Nation we should never stoop to their level by even mentioning them by name.

Bisonation said:
Well it's June 5 & NDSU and BisoNation are still sitting at 10 games since the pussycats ran away from the fargodome ......so we are declaring ourselves Griz fans for the year. (and maybe longer)
hope you got room on your bandwagon, MSU SUCKS!

http://bisonation.serverforumhosting.com/bisonation-griz-fans-t130.html

Boo f*cking hoo. Calling a NDSU fan a griz fan is an insult to griz fans everywhere. And who brags about drinking a bar out of Captain Morgan anyway... Oh yeah, d*uche bags.

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
"M" is the roman numeral for 1,000...not a typo

And if you're a 'legend in your own mind' then it is inexcusable for everyone and anybody else not to have known that; I won't ask for your forgiveness even though some around here do indeed have a 'God' complex about themselves. Yes, of course "M" in Ostia Roma = 1,000; if anything about the proper context was ever hinted at or even notioned let's hear it or forever hold your peace.

Besides which, you yahoos around this western hemisphere are not the modern day Romans, either. I don't care how delusional you all are. I don't care how much you go around spitting Latin in everyone else's face like you're some kind of Claude Frollo in some court of law; it still don't convince.

getgrizzy said:
hmmm, sounds like when the chips are down most of us don't want to play n.d.s.u. for the same reason m.s.u. backed out of playing them. sorry about that bizonnation, but at the end of the day montanans, even griz-cat fans, would rather stick together than hang out with a nodak. now run along and enjoy your wind, permafrost and tree.

moron.

snap said:
getgrizzy said:

moron.
...demagoguery.

No matter how we try men, Sheep will never fear us like they do in North Dakota. NDSU sucks see you in the fall. :eek:

Redonkuless1 said:
No matter how we try men, Sheep will never fear us like they do in North Dakota. NDSU sucks see you in the fall. :eek:
LOL NDSU sucks and EWU blows. That's why it's always windy in Great Falls

The last three times the Griz have played NDSU the Griz have lost!!!

I don't care if it's here, there or whatever. I've never ever seen the Griz defeat NDSU. This goes back as far as the Camellia Bowl - 13 December 1969 and subsequent (12 December 1970), plus afterwards. You can rag all you want about the Bison but I'd really, really much rather have the Griz doing it on the field instead of in the stands, in the parking lot or in the back alley behind some bar somewhere. Get a grip.

WyomingGrizFan said:
I thought it'd be a break even propostion. Most of the fans that show up for a home game in Missoula are mostly locals anyways... right? People with season tickets for twenty to thirty years, no less. Sure, there may be a number of visiting fans and out of town fans but do they really spend that much?
You are truly off your rocker. So you think the full Missoula hotels on game weekends are from the locals? And that 25,000+ comes from a town of 60,000? The percentage of season ticket holders living outside Missoula county is very significant and they spend more because many need lodging and meals. By far the largest city in MT is 340 miles from Missoula and it has a lot of season ticket holders. If you have ever driven I-90 on Friday night, Saturday morning or Sunday morning, you would have a clear sample of how many Griz fans travel significant distances and stay. One Griz plate after another. Wake up.

Incidentally, the $500 M to $700 M range was documented from Jim O'Day, numerous times.

kemajic said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
I thought it'd be a break even propostion. Most of the fans that show up for a home game in Missoula are mostly locals anyways... right? People with season tickets for twenty to thirty years, no less. Sure, there may be a number of visiting fans and out of town fans but do they really spend that much?
You are truly off your rocker. So you think the full Missoula hotels on game weekends are from the locals? And that 25,000+ comes from a town of 60,000? The percentage of season ticket holders living outside Missoula county is very significant and they spend more because many need lodging and meals. By far the largest city in MT is 340 miles from Missoula and it has a lot of season ticket holders. If you have ever driven I-90 on Friday night, Saturday morning or Sunday morning, you would have a clear sample of how many Griz fans travel significant distances and stay. One Griz plate after another. Wake up.

What?...1,000? Maybe as you say, 5,000? That is to say from out of town. O.K. Big deal. I was just talking off the top of my head anyways and I don't really much well care in the short run besides. So what? Is that all you ever care about when having a home game? The revenue it will bring in? the revenue of the Athletic Department reported was just over $ 3.18 (approx.) million for all of last year.

O.K. have but revenue the reason for having an athletic department; no sense in having an academic institution along with it, is there? But scrub up a team and have at it. What the hell do you need anything else for? If you don't have a monetary dollar sign applied it's useless, right?

Thew one thing I liked about Bobby Hauck when he was Head Coach is that he took the Griz on the road: to Orono, Maine. To Hofstra. To Huntsville, Texas. The reporters down there writing about Sam Houston State's upcoming game with the Griz were saying it was the most important game in the history of their football program...their super bowl!!! The Miami of FCS football being the University of Montana football Griz, coming to town. That should have put a sense of pride in your shallow being, but I guess not. All you give a fuck about is the almight dollar!!! Fuck You!!!

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
"M" is the roman numeral for 1,000...not a typo
And the common abreviation for thousands of dollars in the business world. Some people don't read, WyomingGrizfan, quite obviously.

Latest posts

Back