• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BisoNation = Griz fans

WyomingGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
I thought it'd be a break even propostion. Most of the fans that show up for a home game in Missoula are mostly locals anyways... right? People with season tickets for twenty to thirty years, no less. Sure, there may be a number of visiting fans and out of town fans but do they really spend that much?
You are truly off your rocker. So you think the full Missoula hotels on game weekends are from the locals? And that 25,000+ comes from a town of 60,000? The percentage of season ticket holders living outside Missoula county is very significant and they spend more because many need lodging and meals. By far the largest city in MT is 340 miles from Missoula and it has a lot of season ticket holders. If you have ever driven I-90 on Friday night, Saturday morning or Sunday morning, you would have a clear sample of how many Griz fans travel significant distances and stay. One Griz plate after another. Wake up.
Who gives a f*** if you can't put it on the field, A-hole!!!!
Well that clarifies your contribution.

kemajic said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
I thought it'd be a break even propostion. Most of the fans that show up for a home game in Missoula are mostly locals anyways... right? People with season tickets for twenty to thirty years, no less. Sure, there may be a number of visiting fans and out of town fans but do they really spend that much?
You are truly off your rocker. So you think the full Missoula hotels on game weekends are from the locals? And that 25,000+ comes from a town of 60,000? The percentage of season ticket holders living outside Missoula county is very significant and they spend more because many need lodging and meals. By far the largest city in MT is 340 miles from Missoula and it has a lot of season ticket holders. If you have ever driven I-90 on Friday night, Saturday morning or Sunday morning, you would have a clear sample of how many Griz fans travel significant distances and stay. One Griz plate after another. Wake up.
Who gives a f*** if you can't put it on the field, A-hole!!!!
Well that clarifies your contribution.

And yours is no different that murdering off thousands of humans over in the Middle East and throwing money at them in so-called compensation; as if that settles all arguments. Just buy everybody off; they don't count any more than those down south of the border either. your attitude is an insult. It's been duly noted by quite a few these days; world-wide.

kemajic said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:
"M" is the roman numeral for 1,000...not a typo
And the common abreviation for thousands of dollars in the business world. Some people don't read, WyomingGrizfan, quite obviously.

Maybe common to you...a Corporate America sycophant. If you know it everybody else must have to know it as well...you neurotic son of a pig. I also remember what Dwight David Eisenhower cited in his Farewell Address back in 1961 about the Military-Industrial (Corporate American) complex. What the hell do you care; once you're dead, you don't have to worry about it anymore, right?

kemajic said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:
And the common abreviation for thousands of dollars in the business world. Some people don't read, WyomingGrizfan, quite obviously.

And just because you have a degree in business finance or whatever, doesn't make you an expert in every other career field, either. Lucidity is contingent on the first speaker; meaning it's up to you bozo to have clearly defined terms when you utter anything!!! Not just leaving it all up to implication and setting entrapments so you can go struting your stuff around like you're some big 'numero uno' to everyone.

Business world?...you mean to tell me that if you were delivering a speech at the United Nations that everyone there, all delegates included, are going to completely understand that when some white ass uses "M" in regards to a monetary figure that quite naturally 1,000 is what is meant and tough luck to everyone else if everyone else but the white ass didn't know that? You got to be joking.

If that's the way you do business, where it's 100 % of you and nobody else, guess what, dude, you'd be shit out of luck if it's a buyer's market.

kemajic said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:

And which so-called business world are you talking about, anyways? Just throw out a google.com tag of $ 750 M - Finance and see what you get, being that you're o' so avant-garde and all that, why bother, huh? I mean, with your 'Legend in your own mind,' and all that:

As in some other parts of the world: http://www.businessworld.ie/livenews.htm?a=3041791;s=rollingnews.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or how about $ 750 M cited in the following:

http://www.bworldonline.com/content.php?section=TopStory&title=$750M-raised-from-peso-global-bond-offering&id=61216" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh yeah, by the way, you've been rather negligent in keeping the U.S. Senate up to date as well; better write your Congressman...now!!! http://www.ctmirror.org/story/senate-approves-750m-borrowing-beef-states-checkbook" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well, that covers the in general usage of the letter "M," insofar as in a monetary way, from the U.K. (That's in United Kingdom, there), to Mexico and the U.S.A. (Senate, that is). Want to try a little closer to home?

Besides the fact that even in the State of Montana, that is to say, over in Bozeman territory, they even have $ 438 M for highway construction and improvement this year (2013) slated. According to yokelville there in Missoula, or wherever you're spaced out at, that'll be...what is it again?...$ 438 M = $ 438,000? Yeah, right, huh, huh < http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/ap_news/montana/article_800051cf-55f7-58fc-a3e4-86a09c078be9.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh wait a minute, looks like you got some traitors in your midst < http://www.montanakaimin.com/news/mt_state_ap/article_6c645926-269d-5b1c-912f-0c0e19ecc9a6.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; According to your way of dealing, the entire State of Montana would get $ 438 M or $ 438,000 dollars for highways, improvements, etc., etc., etc. That'll cover about a half a mile shylock. You sure you want that your way?

I can come up with a couple hundred more examples if you like. And not one has it as M = 1,000!!!! But million, d-u-d-e. and that's in the real business world.

Now go back and play with your little rubber ducky.

Bjorn Bjornstein said:

You better hope it's a typo. Otherwise the entirety of the International business world, all inclusive, is really going to short-change you...a lot!!!

kemajic said:
WyomingGrizFan said:

Incidentally, the $500 M to $700 M range was documented from Jim O'Day, numerous times.

Our family makes our accommodation reservations for the games we attend as soon as the schedule is announced, typically early February. The place where we like to stay tends to get fully booked, so we make sure to make reservations early.

I understood the "M" to mean thousands, it sort of an old school use of the language, but it's not uncommon. More common today is the use of "K" to mean thousands.

WyomingGrizFan said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:

You better hope it's a typo. Otherwise the entirety of the International business world, all inclusive, is really going to short-change you...a lot!!!

Common use is "M" to mean million. However the monetary us of "M" to mean thousand is accurate and still stands regardless of the common use of the abbreviation. You are, of course, free to refute my statement with a full page of citations but be assured that I won't read them.

WyoGrizFan must still be on a Memorial Day bender. It's OK to lighten up dude.

$500M is $500,000.
$500MM is $500,000,000.

In this context "M" isn't some secret code among the Illuminati, it is the standard financial designation for a thousand. The uninformed may mistake it to mean something else, but the use of "M" is common place and a norm across the financial industry.

Secondly, it is a safe bet close to half of the 25,000 fans in the stands for home games have driven at least two hours, if not much more, to attend the games at U of M. They come in droves down from the Flathead, Great Falls, Helena, Billings, and even farther afield. If you thought only 1,000 or 5,000 of them were from out of town you were mistaken. The last time those numbers were valid is when the stadium capacity was about 12,000.

Now lay off the sauce for a couple of days and get some rest. We're here to help. :ugeek:

mcg said:
I understood the "M" to mean thousands, it sort of an old school use of the language, but it's not uncommon. More common today is the use of "K" to mean thousands.

Well, just how old school is that? In 1776 poiltical economy was nominally introduced through the publication of The Wealth of Nations written by a Scott Adam Smith. Based as it was on the pounds sterling (£) at the time, before the revolutionary war, that is to say, and indicative of the fact that international trade was primarily based on that of silver; very conducive to the British Empire's expansion, one might say. Not necessarily one on gold, but that was what the 1867 publication of the 'Kritik der politischen ökonomie,' otherwise known as Das Kapital, written by one Karl Marx, was primarily based on. Not that it's communistic but capitalism in it's most pure and refined terms; how else to deal with it. The exchange of (C)ommodities based on equality, property, freedom and Bentham.

The seven (7) basic forms of commodity trade is summarized as:

M-C (money into commodities)

C-M (commodities sold for money)

M-M' ("money begets money")

C-C' (selling commodities for commodities)

C-M-C' (commodity sold for money in turn to buy more commodities)

M-C-M' money buys commodity sold for more money)

M-C...P...-C'-M' ("The circular course of capital)

And in all that (M) = money and (C) = commodity.

So just how "old school" are we talking here? For before Adam Smith's there weren't much to talk about when it comes to political economy. Knight Templars handing out checks for exchange for pilgrims to the Holy Land? That old?

I may have only took a 'preparatory business finance system' of courses for two years at Northern Montana College, yeah, I know what you Missoulians think of them there level of colleges that dot the land in the State of Montana sort of deal; all beneath your dignity. But after taking courses in Marketing, Finance and a course taught by one professor by the name of Larry Gianchetta, who as I understand it became the Dean of the University of Montana Business School thereafter never have I come across the use of the initial 'M' = 1,000; million, yes; not one thousand in any so-called business context, internatinal or otherwise. Except, of course, M = 1,000 in a Roman type of denotation in a mathematical context extended to a yearly connotation; also that a "mile," in modern usage derived from such a word mille, was 1,000 paces marched by the Roman centurions. So I'm not so convinced that such a usage is some 'old school' sort of deal. Laws are delivered by complusion, not by persuasion, as it's been said. So I guess I didn't take the right courses, then, huh? Is that what you're saying?

I just love it when you Missoulians go around making it up as you go along. Really all that close-minded with that little witty epigram of yours:.."Harvard of the West." In your dreams.

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
You are, of course, free to refute my statement with a full page of citations but be assured that I won't read them.

No wonder Corporate America is outsourcing; who'd want to hire someone as close-minded as you are to begin with. Don't bother attending a job fair; the other side might just not show up.

Griz1952 said:
the bison are one of the worst fcs/iaa champions of all time. we've had teams that didn't win the conference outright that were better than n.d.s.u.

Well stated - a lot; not all of their supporters are classless, clueless, arrogant jerks who you can annoy by simply wearing Griz gear in Fargo.

They have been able to fly under the radar running a dirty program while the focus of NCAA is on UND 80 miles North in Grand Forks over a name change.

The outfit in Fargo looks away at election fraud(it could be argued tolerates) with their football team knowing the NCAA could care less about some cow college in Fargo.

The hypocrisy of the NCAA shows when the Griz are subject to not only Federal Departments of Justice and Education snooping around while the NCAA who all they can find is a minor violation with Griz supporters giving out hot dogs while tailgating at Washington Griz Stadium.

To say this outfit's supporters = Griz fans. Dont dignify that thought with a response. As Griz Nation we should never stoop to their level by even mentioning them by name.
Wow you need to get your facts straight. Every student athlete that was involved was charged with a misdemeanor. (lots of other stuff about the story about the company that hired them but that's another story) I doubt NDSU fans are any different that Griz fans after winning back to back NC if you think so you're wrong. Hard to throw stones with your student athletes history lately. We'll see you next year in Fargo.

this guy is hilarious, keep it up. NDSU is a fine institute, a few players were lazy and used petition fraud (on marijuana bill...like that was gonna pass the 90% repulican north dakota citizens' anyways)

thats' it, NDSU has been 28-2 in the fcs and 3-0 vs FBS in last 3 years, highly doubt its the worst FCS champion ever, ha ha.

kemajic said:
WyomingGrizFan said:

Having spent years on one day trips to the games I can tell you Kemajic is right. I'd leave home about 0630 and do the basic speed limit. The closer I got the faster I got. Once on I-90 all bets were off and the hammer went down and the license plates of the cars I passed were from all over. Had to look them up on the Montana counties list. Traffic was so thick I could barely keep my pace in the 90-100 mph range. Pretty clogged from Deer Lodge on in and the Van Buren St. exit was backed up to the traffic lane. This is not a everyday occurrence. A stroll from wherever in the hell I could park to WGS showed the license plates are from EVERYWHERE. The trip home was no different in the amount of traffic: clogged. To say that 5,000 is the top end of the out of Missoula area Griz game attendees is really a stretch.

AZGrizFan said:
statler & waldorf said:
Once on I-90 all bets were off and the hammer went down

That must be a sight to see.... :lol:

No puns intended.
One year, early season, 375 miles in 3hr. 45 minutes, from my driveway to being parked at Hellgate High. The first hour spent at 80 mph. Then there was this yellow convertible from New Mexico who went around me like I was standing still but refused to be passed. I just used him as a radar buster about a mile ahead of me, but I lost my will to keep up at 125 mph about 15 miles from Butte, and he was pulling away. After that weekend, radar seemed to be everywhere.

statler & waldorf said:
AZGrizFan said:
statler & waldorf said:
Once on I-90 all bets were off and the hammer went down

No puns intended.
One year, early season, 375 miles in 3hr. 45 minutes, from my driveway to being parked at Hellgate High. The first hour spent at 80 mph. Then there was this yellow convertible from New Mexico who went around me like I was standing still but refused to be passed. I just used him as a radar buster about a mile ahead of me, but I lost my will to keep up at 125 mph about 15 miles from Butte, and he was pulling away. After that weekend, radar seemed to be everywhere.

So hammer REALLY went down that weekend, eh? :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
It is.

Our younger selves – season ticket holders back then – headed out early for a Griz, game ... either from Idaho Falls (freeway all the way), or from a place near Ennis. I drove pretty fast (my wife, NSM ... she gets tickets I seem to avoid), but the parade of Griz-decked vehicles whizzing by was crazy. I particularly remember a fifth-wheel rig: We felt like we were running late, so I was cranking close to 80 mph. This guy, all ten thousand pounds plus, shot by like we were parked. They had a Wyoming plate, so we assumed they planned to spend the night after the game ... but I'm not sure why, given their speed :) .

Once upon a time, I had a Fall meeting at Oak Ridge National Lab, which ran late on a Friday. Driving to the airport Saturday morning, I saw streams of UT fans on the freeway headed into Knoxville for a game. Back then, the Vol's stadium held only(?) about 90 thousand fans. No disrespect intended (way more home-town fans in Knoxville), but the Griz fans pouring into Missoula easily matches the crazies heading for a UT (SEC) game.

Latest posts

Back