• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bizzzzzon or Bison???

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
He's right. But this is just some cut rate dictionary. Click the speaker:

http://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/us/definition/english/bison

I would like to take this opportunity to officially announce that I'm in love and will soon be married. I have found the woman of my dreams. Actually I'm not sure what she looks like or where she even lives but she is all that I have ever wanted. She will be mine. Distance and anonymity can not hold us from our fate.

Please click the speaker:
http://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/us/definition/english/fucker" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

She sounds lovely, like she could hold her own at a garden party.

AllWeatherFan said:
Did you know that melted cheddar is considered a condiment in North Dakota? True!

It's time for lunch.

bacon-burger-facebook.jpg

CR5IPNLnC5WvAe-640m.jpg

large_Coke.png

mcdonalds-Baked-Hot-Apple-Pie.png

That should hold me over until my afternoon snack.

The word is spelled Bison, regardless of the pronunciation. Along with the more standard pronunciation 1) Bi' son, 2) Bi' zun is also listed as an alternative pronunciation in some dictionaries.

An additional item of note, there is no such thing as a Buffalo in North American. The North American Bison is sometime erroneously referred to as a Buffalo. I can assure you, Ralphie is actually a Bison, sorry.

And there's no such thing as a Canadian Goose (its Canada Goose) but we've never heard a NoDak or Minnesotan call it anything else. And a Pronghorn is not a true antelope either. The list goes on like a string of buffalo trailing across the Teddy Roosevelt. This is just a silly town thread, no need to be serious and all.

horribilisfan8184 said:
And there's no such thing as a Canadian Goose (its Canada Goose) but we've never heard a NoDak or Minnesotan call it anything else. And a Pronghorn is not a true antelope either. The list goes on like a string of buffalo trailing across the Teddy Roosevelt. This is just a silly town thread, no need to be serious and all.

Brook trout aren't trout, they're char. And whitefish aren't white, they're multiracial. Leave it to a NDSU fan to be exact on their mascot and wrong on the rest of the world.

Herd said:
The word is spelled Bison, regardless of the pronunciation. Along with the more standard pronunciation 1) Bi' son, 2) Bi' zun is also listed as an alternative pronunciation in some dictionaries.

No Shit?!?! :cool:

10644974_10202773899814600_8369056613147186785_n.jpg

cclarkblues said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

Brook trout aren't trout, they're char. And whitefish aren't white, they're multiracial. Leave it to a NDSU fan to be exact on their mascot and wrong on the rest of the world.

I find it very disturbing to learn Brook trout are not really trout. I'm going to need therapy to cope with that one.

"You mean Dad lied to me? Not trout? Just some stinking Char?????"
"Just lay back on the couch '82 and tell me more about your childhood."

By the way they're the NDSU Beefalos :ugeek:

None of you are pronouncing it correctly, because by next September, it'll be pronounced, "Beaten."

;)

Go Griz!

Seriously!? The resolution of Bizon vs. Bison is the greatest mystery to get your respective Griss panties in a bunch since indoor plumbing? Let me help--some words spelled with a S have that S pronounced as a Z. Examples: Poison, boson, reason, prison, Bison...well, hopefully some you get the point. By the way, people that live along the Mississippi think that you all pronounce Missoula incorrectly.

A Maize n Green said:
Seriously!? The resolution of Bizon vs. Bison is the greatest mystery to get your respective Griss panties in a bunch since indoor plumbing? Let me help--some words spelled with a S have that S pronounced as a Z. Examples: Poison, boson, reason, prison, Bison...well, hopefully some you get the point. By the way, people that live along the Mississippi think that you all pronounce Missoula incorrectly.

Not the ones that live in Missouri

I always find it funny.....people who root for a team from MiZZoula making fun of people who pronouce it Bizon

tojo70 said:
I always find it funny.....people who root for a team from MiZZoula making fun of people who pronouce it Bizon

They just do it that way because they so badly want to be like their idols in Bozeman.

Back