• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bizzzzzon or Bison???

English in ND is like Spanish in Mexico: their isolation from the mother tongue led to hick colloquialisms and pronunciations. Forgive them for their inbreeding.

I plugged Bison in the Oxford learners dictionary and they pronounce it wrong. I tried Missoula and its not in there? I've never heard anyone pronounce Missoula with the double ss with an s sound, only zz.

The Native American pronunciation of Missoula is totally different. It has some clicking sounds, and roughly translated, means "from the land of sky-blue waters, we ambush bison from the Hellgate Canyon."

AllWeatherFan said:
The Native American pronunciation of Missoula is totally different. It has some clicking sounds, and roughly translated, means "from the land of sky-blue waters, we ambush bison from the Hellgate Canyon."
You forgot while drinking pbr

westnodak93bison said:
AllWeatherFan said:
You forgot while drinking pbr
Wow! have you ever been right about anything? you must be doing this on purpose.

images

Back