• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobby won’t be back unless....

BWahlberg said:
MrTitleist said:
lol.. holy f***, I love eGriz. Was Haslam AD in 2009?

He was the deep state AD. A shadow AD that actually managed everything.

That was largely because he was the only one the FSPB leadership would talk to in the Department.

cmtgrizzly said:
Kind of figured that. One more question, what is the FSPB?

C'mon, bro. Front Street Pour Boys. The local gang of barkeeps that have run the athletic department for over a century. They kept lights out of the stadium for as long as possible and have been behind nearly every coaching decision since the 1920s. They care about their bottom line, and that's the bottom line. Can't believe I'm even typing this in a public forum. Now, if I don't post for a while, it means they found me.

CDAGRIZ said:
cmtgrizzly said:

C'mon, bro. Front Street Pour Boys. The local gang of barkeeps that have run the athletic department for over a century. They kept lights out of the stadium for as long as possible and have been behind nearly every coaching decision since the 1920s. They care about their bottom line, and that's the bottom line. Can't believe I'm even typing this in a public forum. Now, if I don't post for a while, it means they found me.

OMG, I M a dUMb SOB. RIP

Jesus, CDA, I can't believe you spilled the beans, er, beers.

My God, man, have you no regard for your personal safety?

CDAGRIZ said:
cmtgrizzly said:

We were just sitting here having a discussion about the Pour Boys and we couldn't remember their "Brotherhood Chant". Can you help us out?

Yeah sorry CDA didnt mean for my ignorance to call you out. Hide well. Damn only guy I knew of that could roll with a Grundl Model 9 other then Phenecie of course.

kemajic said:
George Ferguson said:
Agreed, I'm not saying their past will get be the reason BH is or isn't hired. It is what it is. But I have actually heard from people I trust that they were not friendly at all.
It goes back many years to NAU when KH was an intern and treated badly by a very young brash BH. Both have grown up since then. It would work fine now. KH needs a winner in the HC job more than us fans do.

When was Haslam an intern at NAU? HIs bio doesn't mention that.

"From 1993-98, Haslam was the director of communications and corporate development for the Triple-A Salt Lake Buzz.

In 1997, he served as team travel coordinator, Japanese translator and media liaison for the Anaheim Angels during spring training. He translated for Angels pitcher Shigetoshi Hasegawa and handled Japanese media requests.

Haslam is a 1993 graduate of BYU, with a degree in broadcast journalism and Japanese. He earned his master’s degree in educational leadership from NAU in May 2004." "Haslam worked as the Associate Director of Athletics for External Operations at Northern Arizona. He was hired at NAU in May 2000."

Hauck:

"1988–1989 Montana (DB/DL)
1990–1992 UCLA (GA)
1993–1994 Northern Arizona (OLB)
1995–1998 Colorado (S/OLB/ST)
1999–2002 Washington (DB/ST)"

Haslam graduated from BYU when Hauck was at NAU. Haslam went to NAU after Hauck left NAU. Hauck was at UW and then MT when Haslam was at NAU.

Thank God someone knows what they're talking about in here. Holy smokes, the stupidity!

George Ferguson said:
CDAGRIZ said:
MrTitleist said:

No, but BH hated the job Kent was doing with the University fundraising thing, or whatever, so BH left.

Haslam began his career at Montana in January 2006 as the Associate Director of Athletics for Development.

And I have heard many times they didn't care for one another.

CDAGRIZ said:
cmtgrizzly said:

3-7-77 for you.

AllWeatherFan said:
So is Bobby going to propose that to Sheila Stearns or Seth Bodnar? :roll:

Probably more truth here than not....I'm guessing somebody *cough* Bodnar *cough* had some say in this. New pres....new coach....maybe new AD if no new coach....

HelenaHandBasket said:
CDAGRIZ said:
cmtgrizzly said:

We were just sitting here having a discussion about the Pour Boys and we couldn't remember their "Brotherhood Chant". Can you help us out?

Sh**! FSPB must have got ol' CDA!

CDAGRIZ said:
MrTitleist said:

No, but BH hated the job Kent was doing with the University fundraising thing, or whatever. I just read that it was a big reason why BH left.

I have heard this from several people but have no direct knowledge. I'm just wondering what was the apparent beef between the two and why didn't they get along back then if this is true. What did Bobby not like about KH?

It was posted by someone years ago, that Bobby made no bones about how he felt participating in GSA events, like the Spring bus tour of GSA Chapters. He felt they were a waste of his time. This was while KH was in GSA, and I'm sure Kent remembers.

It's amazing how many grizzly fans have inside knowledge and feel they have the responsibility to share with the general public. We are lucky to be able to have such information so readily available to us!

BigBruceBaker said:
It's amazing how many grizzly fans have inside knowledge and feel they have the responsibility to share with the general public. We are lucky to be able to have such information so readily available to us!

Lol...... I like it. I like it a lot.

cmtgrizzly said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
CDAGRIZ said:
cmtgrizzly said:

Sh**! FSPB must have got ol' CDA!

What an adventure, gang! Incredible 18 hours or so. Looks like I can't say too much, but I'm being treated very well here. Lot's of speculation on the new coach. Years have gone by since we've felt like contenders. Only the right guy gets us back. Under the right coach, we will be back.

-Please-

Have some respect for the people who got the Griz to the top before. Elevate this program. Let the process play out. Pretty soon, we will be back on top. Mark my words. Elation is on its way...

Back