• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobcat QB coach

I heard the vending machine outside the Bobcat coaching offices no longer dispenses free Antabuse. Ruffled some feathers.

Snow finally melted and we were doing some spring cleaning and found this hilarious gem.

We had a few sled parties during the winter and I had forgotten about throwing the neighbor’s MSdUi lanyard in the kids’ fire pit. (He was bragging about it but then left it unattended on his sled while he ran inside for a sec and I seized the opportunity).

Months later, it is starting to turn Griz colors. Like even Mother Nature prefers The Griz

8marg4.jpg

8marq1.jpg
Seeing the scat logo and maroon colors turns my stomach a little.

I honestly feel bad for Tommy Mellot. This kid is such a a great athlete and they just put him in horrible positions and basically get him hurt. If he had a great mentor and QB coach, there's no telling how much better he would be. He reminds me of those 2 great QBs that played for Nebraska in the 90s, Tommie Frasier and that other QB. I know he plays for MSU and I can't stand MSU, but I think Tommy is a good kid and he deserves a good coach.
He should have made better life choices. Decisions have consequences!😄

"Hey Chuckie, your qualifications were a little lacking, but we really loved the work you did in Bozeman for..."

*Checks notes*

"...2 weeks. It really pushed you over the top."
He came to the Cats highly regarded in January. Must have been a really good hire for the Seahawks to know about his abilities and come after him.

He came to the Cats highly regarded in January. Must have been a really good hire for the Seahawks to know about his abilities and come after him.
Or he reached out to them because he noticed the downgrade and knew he could do better.

Equally plausible theories!

The Seahawks wanted to hire someone fresh, so they looked for someone who had never been around a QB. Bozeman is the first place any football mind would think of.

That one is not plausible. He was a successful QB and worked with QBs in the past. LOL

Going to the Seahawks is a substantial increase in pay. Looks like MSU is a good stepping stone. Good for him!
Good point. GRIZ have been using them as a stepping stone to national title appearances for years.

I can only assume he lost as his best qualification in his resume: "Coached 3 months at MsDui and spent no time in the backseat of a police car"

Seriously?! I can't believe it took Sixx that long to develop him. I guess I overestimated him.

😂 this is classic. Next level troll job
Who do you think reached out first?
Do you think the Seahawks reached out to him?
What does it matter. He got the job with the Seahawks making a lot more money than he would ever at MSU. He might have heard about the opening and went after it. Either way, a good move by him to get a coaching job in the NFL. from an FCS school.

What does it matter. He got the job with the Seahawks making a lot more money than he would ever at MSU. He might have heard about the opening and went after it. Either way, a good move by him to get a coaching job in the NFL. from an FCS school.
What does it matter?
Do you even read what you post?
You tried to make it sound like the Seachickens knew and sought him out.

Its remarkable, look again at all the many things you made up in just one sentence, and then acted like it was our fault:

“Must have been a really good hire for the Seahawks to know about his abilities and come after him.” 👏

What does it matter?
Do you even read what you post?
You tried to make it sound like the Seachickens knew and sought him out.

Its remarkable, look again at all the many things you made up in just one sentence, and then acted like it was our fault:

“Must have been a really good hire for the Seahawks to know about his abilities and come after him.” 👏

This one is my favorite. I can just see the Seahawk executives racking their brains on who to hire as an offensive assistant when a young employee busts into the conference room:

Young Guy: "Fellers, I found him! I found just the guy. Chuckie Keeton. He's been the QB coach at Montana State for about eighty days."

John Schneider: "THE Chuckie Keeton? I don't know, Ethan. It's a long shot. Why would he be interested in us when he already has a dream job making high five digits in Bozeman, Montana?"

Mike Macdonald: "Dare to dream, John. We've scoured the planet. I say if we have even an outside shot at landing THE Chuckie Keeton, we get on the horn."

Schneider: "He's gonna say no."

Macdonald: "Let's find out. This type of opportunity doesn't come about often in this business."

Back